|Released||27 August 2015 (Update)|
|A three-headed gigantic hound. Guardian of the River of Souls.|
|Max hit||23 (all styles)|
|Attack style||Melee (stab), Ranged, Magic|
Cerberus is a level 318 hellhound boss that is located in her lair, deep beneath the Taverley Dungeon in the cave entrance in the north-east part of the hellhound area which is found beyond the poisonous spiders. Cerberus requires a Slayer level of 91, along with a task of hellhounds or herself in order to be fought. In the event of a hellhound task, wild pies may be used to boost the player's Slayer level.
The Guardian of the River of Souls, Cerberus protects the souls of the departed from whatever troubles they may face on their journey by House Arceuus. Despite her important task, Cerberus longs to escape her post, and has successfully done so on multiple occasions; however, she was quickly captured and returned. Cerberus has killed many adventurers who have stumbled into her lair, with one of her more recent kills dropping a damaged soul bearer which the Arceuus Elders inspected and eventually discarded when they could not repair it.
Cerberus drops three different crystals; the eternal, pegasian and primordial crystals which are used to upgrade infinity, ranger and dragon boots to the eternal, pegasian and primordial boots respectively, the best-in-slot boots for their respective combat styles. She can also drop the smouldering stone at a much better rate compared to her lesser brethren, along with the jar of souls and the hellpuppy pet.
A dwarf multicannon cannot be set up inside Cerberus' Lair; if attempted, you will receive the message: You cannot place the cannon here, it would melt.
Fight overview[edit | edit source]
When approaching her, Cerberus will become aggressive. She may attack with magic, ranged and melee attacks, each with a max hit of 23. The magic attack appears as a grey ball, the ranged attack appears as a ball of spikes, and the melee attack is her biting. Interestingly, she may use the melee attack at range.
Cerberus has three special attacks that she may use under certain circumstances:
- She attacks in quick succession with magic followed by ranged and melee. She will do this at the start of every fight and approximately every 30 seconds afterwards.
- She spits three balls of fire — indicated by her growling — on the ground, one at the player and two in random spots around the room. Standing on or near one will deal continuous damage. She will do this at random when below 200 health.
- She summons three souls — indicated by her howling — that come from the river behind her and attack the player with each combat style. Each attack will drain 30 prayer (15 with spectral spirit shield equipped) if blocked or 30 hitpoints if not blocked. She may do this approximately every 30 seconds after she is below 400 health.
If a player has recently fought the boss, a line of fire will spawn between the entrance and the boss; stepping over this will deal 5 damage each way. The line of fire may be bugged, as it will not despawn unless the challenger dies to Cerberus or goes back through the line of fire after it respawns. Cerberus will restore all of its health if there are no players in its lair (it only has an examine option when this happens).
Once defeated, Cerberus will respawn in five seconds.
Drops[edit | edit source]
Estimated drop rates are based off 1,000 kills.
The average value of one kill is 95,310.28, excluding the loot from clue scrolls.
100%[edit | edit source]
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Ashes 1 Always 28
Unique drop table[edit | edit source]
There is a 1 in 128 chance of hitting the unique drop table. Below lists the effective drop rates.
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Primordial crystal 1 Rare (1/512) 32,111,604 Pegasian crystal 1 Rare (1/512) 112,755 Eternal crystal 1 Rare (1/512) 4,332,792 Smouldering stone 1 Rare (1/512) 2,074,005
Weapons/Armour[edit | edit source]
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Rune platebody 1 Common (~6/128) 38,618 Black d'hide body 1 Uncommon (~4/128) 7,649 Rune axe 1 Uncommon (~4/128) 7,331 Rune chainbody 1 Uncommon (~4/128) 29,584 Rune 2h sword 1 Uncommon (~3/128) 37,975 Rune pickaxe 1 Uncommon (~3/128) 18,871 Battlestaff 6 (noted) Uncommon (~2.5/128) 50,550 Rune full helm 1 Uncommon (~2.5/128) 20,709 Lava battlestaff 1 Uncommon (~2/128) 9,706 Rune halberd 1 Uncommon (~1/128) 38,664
Runes/Ammunition[edit | edit source]
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Fire rune 300 Common (~7/128) 1,500 Pure essence 300 (noted) Uncommon (~5/128) 900 Soul rune 100 Uncommon (~5/128) 14,600 Blood rune 60 Uncommon (~5/128) 17,340 Runite bolts (unf) 40 Uncommon (~4/128) 15,240 Cannonball 50 Uncommon (~4/128) 7,500 Death rune 100 Uncommon (~3/128) 22,300
Herbs, potions, and seeds[edit | edit source]
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Super restore(4) 2 Uncommon (~3/128) 19,380 Grimy torstol 6 (noted) Uncommon (~3/128) 42,852 Torstol seed 3 Uncommon (~2/128) 147,447
Ores[edit | edit source]
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coal 120 (noted) Common (~6/128) 19,560 Runite ore 5 (noted) Uncommon (~3/128) 56,815
Others[edit | edit source]
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Summer pie 3 Common (~6.5/128) 2,988 Coins 10,000–20,000 Uncommon (~5/128) Not sold Unholy symbol 1 Uncommon (~5/128) 292 Dragon bones 20 (noted) Uncommon (~5/128) 44,680 Wine of zamorak 15 (noted) Uncommon (~4.5/128) 30,195 Ashes 50 (noted) Uncommon (~4/128) 1,400 Fire orb 20 (noted) Uncommon (~3.5/128) 25,400 Uncut diamond 5 (noted) Uncommon (~3/128) 14,315 Rare drop table 1 Uncommon (~3/128) Not sold Key master teleport 3 Uncommon (2/128) Not sold
Tertiary drops[edit | edit source]
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Brimstone key 1 Uncommon (1/56.4) Not sold Clue scroll (elite) 1 Rare (1/100) Not sold Jar of souls 1 Very rare (1/2,000) 83,504 Hellpuppy 1 Very rare (1/3,000) Not sold
Rare drop table
In addition to the drops above, this monster approximately has a 3/128 chance to access the standard rare drop table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 3,000 Rare (1/248.24) Not sold Loop half of key 1 Rare (1/270.95; 1/268.87)[R 1] 11,942 Tooth half of key 1 Rare (1/285.09; 1/282.79)[R 1] 9,633 Uncut sapphire 1 Very rare (1/1,092.27; 1/546.13)[R 1] 631 Runite bar 1 Very rare (1/1,092.27) 12,461 Nature rune 67 Very rare (1/1,820.44) 13,735 Rune 2h sword 1 Very rare (1/1,820.44) 37,975 Rune battleaxe 1 Very rare (1/1,820.44) 24,599 Uncut emerald 1 Very rare (1/2,184.53; 1/1,092.27)[R 1] 775 Law rune 45 Very rare (1/2,730.67) 9,045 Death rune 45 Very rare (1/2,730.67) 10,035 Steel arrow 150 Very rare (1/2,730.67) 4,800 Rune arrow 42 Very rare (1/2,730.67) 4,158 Adamant javelin 20 Very rare (1/2,730.67) 1,200 Rune sq shield 1 Very rare (1/2,730.67) 22,663 Dragonstone 1 Very rare (1/2,730.67) 12,040 Silver ore 100 (noted) Very rare (1/2,730.67) 7,600 Uncut ruby 1 Very rare (1/4,369.07; 1/2,184.53)[R 1] 1,419 Rune kiteshield 1 Very rare (1/5,461.33) 32,220 Dragon med helm 1 Very rare (1/5,461.33) 59,301 Rune spear 1 Very rare (1/5,765.37; 1/675.63)[R 1] 12,103 Shield left half 1 Very rare (1/11,530.73; 1/1,351.26)[R 1] 65,690 Nature talisman 1 Very rare (1/11,650.84; 1/5,825.42)[R 1] Not sold Dragon spear 1 Very rare (1/15,374.31; 1/1,801.68)[R 1] 37,888 Uncut diamond 1 Very rare (1/17,476.27; 1/8,738.13)[R 1] 2,863 Rune javelin 5 Very rare (1/34,952.53; 1/17,476.27)[R 1] 800
- The drop rate is increased when wearing a Ring of wealth.
Concept art[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In Greek and Roman mythology, Cerberus is a multi-headed hellhound with a serpent's tail, a mane of snakes, and a lion's claws, guarding the entrance of the Greek underworld to prevent the dead from escaping and the living from entering. This reflects the area around Cerberus as it guards the rivers that take souls to the Underworld and explains the very rare drop Jar of souls.
- Cerberus stands on a trapdoor as a reference to the book/film Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (or Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone), in which a three-headed dog guarded a trapdoor. This also helps explain its four stone/crystal drops.
- At one point, if a player had killed the last Cerberus of their task but also happened to die in the room, the player would be unable to recover their items as entering the boss chamber required the player to be on a hellhounds task. This was changed so that the player can enter the chamber, but is simply unable to attack the boss.
- Along with this change, the summoned spirits it calls were also given weapons so that challengers could easily identify the combat style they would be using.
- Upon release, the summoned souls would continue attacking the player even if Cerberus died. This is no longer the case with the 16 March 2017 update.
- Cerberus is the first Slayer boss whose attacks are fully protected by protection prayers, the second being the Alchemical Hydra.
- When bones are used on Cerberus, a quote is given "Those aren't Cerby snacks." This is a reference to "Scooby Snacks" from Scooby-Doo.
References[edit | edit source]
|God Wars Dungeon|