|Released||27 August 2015 (Update)|
|A three-headed gigantic hound. Guardian of the River of Souls.|
|Max hit||23 (all styles)|
|Attack style||Melee (stab), Ranged, Magic|
Cerberus is a level 318 hellhound boss that is located in her lair, deep beneath the Taverley Dungeon in the cave entrance in the north-east part of the hellhound area which is found beyond the poisonous spiders. Cerberus requires a Slayer level of 91, along with a task of hellhounds or herself in order to be fought. In the event of a hellhound task, wild pies may be used to boost the player's Slayer level.
The Guardian of the River of Souls, Cerberus protects the souls of the departed from whatever troubles they may face on their journey by House Arceuus. Despite her important task, Cerberus longs to escape her post, and has successfully done so on multiple occasions; however, she was quickly captured and returned. Cerberus has killed many adventurers who have stumbled into her lair, with one of her more recent kills dropping a damaged soul bearer which the Arceuus Elders inspected and eventually discarded when they could not repair it.
Cerberus drops three different crystals; the eternal, pegasian and primordial crystals which are used to upgrade infinity, ranger and dragon boots to the eternal, pegasian and primordial boots respectively, the best-in-slot boots for their respective combat styles. She can also drop the smouldering stone at a much better rate compared to her lesser brethren, along with the jar of souls and the hellpuppy pet.
A dwarf multicannon cannot be set up inside Cerberus' Lair; if attempted, you will receive the message: You cannot place the cannon here, it would melt.
Fight overview[edit | edit source]
When approaching her, Cerberus will become aggressive. She may attack with magic, ranged and melee attacks, each with a max hit of 23. The magic attack appears as a grey ball, the ranged attack appears as a ball of spikes, and the melee attack is her biting. Interestingly, she may use the melee attack at range.
Cerberus has three special attacks that she may use under certain circumstances:
- She attacks in quick succession with magic followed by ranged and melee. She will do this at the start of every fight and approximately every 30 seconds afterwards.
- She spits three balls of fire — indicated by her growling — on the ground, one at the player and two in random spots around the room. Standing on or near one will deal continuous damage. She will do this at random when below 200 health.
- She summons three souls — indicated by her howling — that come from the river behind her and attack the player with each combat style. Each attack will drain 30 prayer (15 with spectral spirit shield equipped) if blocked or 30 hitpoints if not blocked. She may do this approximately every 30 seconds after she is below 400 health.
If a player has recently fought the boss, a line of fire will spawn between the entrance and the boss; stepping over this will deal 5 damage each way. The line of fire may be bugged, as it will not despawn unless the challenger dies to Cerberus or goes back through the line of fire after it respawns. Cerberus will restore all of its health if there are no players in its lair (it only has an examine option when this happens).
Once defeated, Cerberus will respawn in five seconds.
Drops[edit | edit source]
Estimated drop rates are based off 1,000 kills.
The average value of one kill is 89,735.32, excluding the loot from clue scrolls.
100%[edit | edit source]
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Ashes 1 Always 29
Unique drop table[edit | edit source]
There is a 1 in 128 chance of hitting the unique drop table. Below lists the effective drop rates.
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Primordial crystal 1 Rare (1/512) 29,504,106 Pegasian crystal 1 Rare (1/512) 112,805 Eternal crystal 1 Rare (1/512) 3,822,482 Smouldering stone 1 Rare (1/512) 1,323,444
Weapons/Armour[edit | edit source]
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Rune platebody 1 Common (~6/128) 38,590 Black d'hide body 1 Uncommon (~4/128) 7,581 Rune axe 1 Uncommon (~4/128) 7,328 Rune chainbody 1 Uncommon (~4/128) 29,612 Rune 2h sword 1 Uncommon (~3/128) 37,961 Rune pickaxe 1 Uncommon (~3/128) 18,863 Battlestaff 6 (noted) Uncommon (~2.5/128) 48,852 Rune full helm 1 Uncommon (~2.5/128) 20,719 Lava battlestaff 1 Uncommon (~2/128) 9,699 Rune halberd 1 Uncommon (~1/128) 38,929
Runes/Ammunition[edit | edit source]
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Fire rune 300 Common (~7/128) 1,500 Pure essence 300 (noted) Uncommon (~5/128) 1,200 Soul rune 100 Uncommon (~5/128) 14,600 Blood rune 60 Uncommon (~5/128) 16,860 Runite bolts (unf) 40 Uncommon (~4/128) 11,640 Cannonball 50 Uncommon (~4/128) 9,000 Death rune 100 Uncommon (~3/128) 25,200
Herbs, potions, and seeds[edit | edit source]
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Super restore(4) 2 Uncommon (~3/128) 20,702 Grimy torstol 6 (noted) Uncommon (~3/128) 55,020 Torstol seed 3 Uncommon (~2/128) 220,137
Ores[edit | edit source]
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coal 120 (noted) Common (~6/128) 27,480 Runite ore 5 (noted) Uncommon (~3/128) 55,180
Others[edit | edit source]
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Summer pie 3 Common (~6.5/128) 3,171 Coins 10,000–20,000 Uncommon (~5/128) Not sold Unholy symbol 1 Uncommon (~5/128) 288 Dragon bones 20 (noted) Uncommon (~5/128) 47,360 Wine of zamorak 15 (noted) Uncommon (~4.5/128) 28,590 Ashes 50 (noted) Uncommon (~4/128) 1,450 Fire orb 20 (noted) Uncommon (~3.5/128) 31,540 Uncut diamond 5 (noted) Uncommon (~3/128) 14,885 Rare drop table 1 Uncommon (~3/128) Not sold Key master teleport 3 Uncommon (2/128) Not sold
Tertiary drops[edit | edit source]
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Clue scroll (elite) 1 Rare (1/100) Not sold Jar of souls 1 Very rare (1/2,000) 63,764 Hellpuppy 1 Very rare (1/3,000) Not sold
Rare drop table
In addition to the drops above, this monster approximately has a 3/128 chance to access the standard rare drop table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 3,000 Rare (1/248.24) Not sold Loop half of key 1 Rare (1/270.95; 1/270.25)[R 1] 8,589 Tooth half of key 1 Rare (1/285.09; 1/284.32)[R 1] 13,381 Uncut sapphire 1 Very rare (1/1,092.27; 1/819.2)[R 1] 858 Runite bar 1 Very rare (1/1,092.27) 12,436 nature talisman 1 Very rare (1/1,574.44; 1/1,506.57)[R 1] 801 Nature rune 67 Very rare (1/1,820.44) 16,951 Rune 2h sword 1 Very rare (1/1,820.44) 37,961 Rune battleaxe 1 Very rare (1/1,820.44) 24,574 Uncut emerald 1 Very rare (1/2,184.53; 1/1,638.4)[R 1] 908 Law rune 45 Very rare (1/2,730.67) 12,690 Death rune 45 Very rare (1/2,730.67) 11,340 Steel arrow 150 Very rare (1/2,730.67) 4,950 Rune arrow 42 Very rare (1/2,730.67) 2,646 Adamant javelin 20 Very rare (1/2,730.67) 820 Rune sq shield 1 Very rare (1/2,730.67) 22,662 Dragonstone 1 Very rare (1/2,730.67) 12,072 Silver ore 100 (noted) Very rare (1/2,730.67) 7,900 Uncut ruby 1 Very rare (1/4,369.07; 1/3,276.8)[R 1] 1,495 Rune kiteshield 1 Very rare (1/5,461.33) 32,206 Dragon med helm 1 Very rare (1/5,461.33) 59,119 Rune spear 1 Very rare (1/5,765.37; 1/5,745.62)[R 1] 12,094 Shield left half 1 Very rare (1/11,530.73; 1/11,491.24)[R 1] 65,497 Dragon spear 1 Very rare (1/15,374.31; 1/15,321.66)[R 1] 37,409 Uncut diamond 1 Very rare (1/17,476.27; 1/13,107.2)[R 1] 2,977 Rune javelin 5 Very rare (1/34,952.53; 1/26,214.4)[R 1] 755
- The drop rate is increased when wearing a Ring of wealth.
Konar's drop table[edit | edit source]
If killed on a Slayer assignment by Konar quo Maten, this monster has a 1 in 56.4[k 1] chance to access an extra loot table. This averages to an additional 1,611.3 worth of items per kill while on task.
Show/hide Konar's drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Uncut diamond 25–35 (noted) Rare (1/699) 74,425–104,195 Uncut ruby 25–35 (noted) Rare (1/699) 37,375–52,325 Coal 300–500 (noted) Rare (1/699) 68,700–114,500 Coins 50,000–150,000 Rare (1/699) Not sold Gold ore 100–200 (noted) Rare (1/874) 34,700–69,400 Adamant bolts(unf) 200–300 Rare (1/874) 39,800–59,700 Runite bolts (unf) 200–300 Rare (1/874) 58,200–87,300 Dragon arrowtips 50–200 Rare (1/874) 69,400–277,600 Iron ore 350–500 (noted) Very rare (1/1,166) 51,450–73,500 Rune full helm 1–2 (noted) Very rare (1/1,166) 20,719–41,438 Rune platelegs 1–2 (noted) Very rare (1/1,166) 37,929–75,858 Rune platebody 1–2 (noted) Very rare (1/1,166) 38,590–77,180 Fish (scales to level) Varies Very rare (1/1,166) Not sold Runite ore 10–15 (noted) Very rare (1/1,748) 110,360–165,540 Palm tree seed 1–4 Very rare (1/3,497) 51,199–204,796 Magic seed 1–4 Very rare (1/3,497) 186,369–745,476 Celastrus seed 1–4 Very rare (1/3,497) 57,017–228,068 Dragonfruit tree seed 1–4 Very rare (1/3,497) 73,305–293,220 Redwood tree seed 1 Very rare (1/3,497) 81,449 Torstol seed 1–4 Very rare (1/3,497) 73,379–293,516 Snapdragon seed 1–4 Very rare (1/3,497) 59,078–236,312 Ranarr seed 1–4 Very rare (1/3,497) 52,031–208,124 Pure essence 3,000–5,000 (noted) Very rare (1/3,497) 12,000–20,000 Broken dragon hasta 1 Very rare (1/11,280) 180,123 Mystic robe top (dusk) 1 Very rare (1/56,400) 141,260 Mystic robe bottom (dusk) 1 Very rare (1/56,400) 77,522 Mystic gloves (dusk) 1 Very rare (1/56,400) 16,473 Mystic boots (dusk) 1 Very rare (1/56,400) 17,118 Mystic hat (dusk) 1 Very rare (1/56,400) 28,130
- Jagex. Mod Kieren's Twitter account. 16 January 2019.
Concept art[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In Greek and Roman mythology, Cerberus is a multi-headed hellhound with a serpent's tail, a mane of snakes, and a lion's claws, guarding the entrance of the Greek underworld to prevent the dead from escaping and the living from entering. This reflects the area around Cerberus as it guards the rivers that take souls to the Underworld and explains the very rare drop Jar of souls.
- Cerberus stands on a trapdoor as a reference to the book/film Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, also known as Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone in some territories which explains the 4 stone/crystal drops.
- At one point, if a player had killed the last Cerberus of their task but also happened to die in the room, the player would be unable to recover their items as entering the boss chamber required the player to be on a hellhounds task. This was changed so that the player can enter the chamber, but is simply unable to attack the boss.
- Along with the said change, the summoned spirits it calls were also given weapons so that challengers could easily identify the combat style they would be using.
- Upon release, the summoned souls would continue attacking the player even if Cerberus died. This is no longer the case with the 16 March 2017 update.
- Cerberus is the first Slayer boss whose attacks are fully protected by protection prayers, the second being the Alchemical Hydra.
- When bones are used on Cerberus, a quote is given "Those aren't Cerby snacks." This is a reference to "Scooby snacks," in Scooby-Doo.
References[edit | edit source]
|God Wars Dungeon|