The green magical attack players should avoid.
The Chaos Fanatic is an insane mage that resides west of the Lava Maze. He is surrounded by unattackable miniature chaotic clouds, which serve as scenery. He drops one of three shards required to forge Odium wards and Malediction wards. He has a special attack where he uses a green magical attack that explodes and can deal high damage, similar to the Crazy Archaeologist's explosive book attack. Players must run away from them to avoid damage.
He is also able to disarm players, much like how the Chaos Elemental does. He is also one of the only monsters (including mummies, Vet'ion and the thermonuclear smoke devil) to drop the ancient staff.
The fastest way to get there is by casting Ghorrock Teleport or using its magic tablet equivalent. Alternatively, a burning amulet can teleport players to the entrance of the Lava Maze; run west from there. Alternately, players with the hard Wilderness Diary completed and a POH obelisk can select the level 44 Wilderness teleport.
One quote is said every time the Chaos Fanatic attacks the player.
- "Devilish Oxen Roll!"
- "All your wilderness are belong to them!"
- "I shall call him squidgy and he shall be my squidgy!"
The following drop rates are provided by Jagex, unless otherwise specified.
The average Chaos Fanatic kill is worth 9,359.13.
The average Chaos Fanatic kill while on a Konar task is worth 10,501.81.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The drop rate is 1/256 for a specific shard, or 1/128 for any shard.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Zamorak robe top and bottom are dropped together.
|Grimy lantadyme||4 (noted)||8/128||4,724||52|
|Ring of life||1||7/128||1,893||2,115|
|Wine of zamorak||10 (noted)||6/128||7,910||0|
|Uncut emerald||6 (noted)||5/128[d 1]||3,060||180|
|Uncut sapphire||4 (noted)||5/128[d 1]||1,280||60|
|Pure essence||250 (noted)||2/128||250||500|
There is a 4/128 chance of rolling the rare drop table. There is also a 4/128 chance of rolling the gem drop table.
|Nothing||N/A||1/47.02; Never[d 1]||N/A||N/A|
|Loop half of key||1||1/193.61; 1/183.87[d 2]||10,086||60|
|Tooth half of key||1||1/193.61; 1/183.87[d 2]||10,107||60|
|Uncut sapphire||1||1/110.7; 1/56.22[d 2]||320||15|
|Rune 2h sword||1||1/1,365.33||37,773||38,400|
|Uncut emerald||1||1/221.41; 1/112.43[d 2]||510||30|
|Rune sq shield||1||1/2,048||22,454||23,040|
|Silver ore||100 (noted)||1/2,048||3,700||4,500|
|Uncut ruby||1||1/442.81; 1/224.86[d 2]||1,160||60|
|Dragon med helm||1||1/4,096||58,822||60,000|
|Rune spear||1||1/4,056.39; 1/444.52[d 2][d 3]||11,763||12,480|
|Shield left half||1||1/8,112.77; 1/889.05[d 2][d 3]||65,146||66,000|
|Nature talisman||1||1/1,180.83; 1/599.64[d 2]||950||2|
|Dragon spear||1||1/10,817.03; 1/1,185.4[d 2][d 3]||37,702||37,440|
|Uncut diamond||1||1/1,771.24; 1/899.46[d 2]||2,644||120|
|Rune javelin||5||1/3,542.49; 1/1,798.92[d 2]||880||1,200|
Wilderness Slayer tertiary[edit | edit source]
The following drops are only accessible while on a Slayer task given by Krystilia.
The following drops and rarities only apply to Deadman Mode.
- ↑ Saradomin brew(4) is a tertiary drop only found in the seasonal mode.
- ↑ Saradomin brew(1) is a tertiary drop only found in the tournament mode.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 The drop rate is 1/128 for a specific shard, or 1/64 for any shard.
The following Combat Achievement tasks involve the Chaos Fanatic.
|Chaos Fanatic Champion
||Kill the Chaos Fanatic 10 times.
|Sorry, What Was That?
||Kill the Chaos Fanatic without anyone being hit by his explosion attack.
|Chaos Fanatic Adept
||Kill the Chaos Fanatic 50 times.
|Praying to the Gods
||Kill the Chaos Fanatic 10 times without drinking any potion which restores prayer or leaving the Wilderness.
- The Chaos Fanatic's animation (apart from attacking) is similar to Dr Harlow before he is sober.
- The Chaos Fanatic's quote "I shall call him squidgy and he shall be my squidgy!" is a reference to the Pixar movie Finding Nemo.
- The Chaos Fanatic's quote "All your wilderness are belong to them!" is a reference to the phrase "All your base are belong to us," which originated in the 1989 game Zero Wing and has made it into many games since then.
- The Chaos Fanatic's quote "Devilish Oxen Roll!" is an anagram of "Lord Helix lives on!", in reference to Twitch Plays Pokémon.