The green magical attack players should avoid.
The Chaos Fanatic is an insane mage that resides west of the Lava Maze. He is surrounded by unattackable miniature chaotic clouds, which serve as scenery. He drops one of three shards required to forge Odium wards and Malediction wards. He has a special attack where he uses a green magical attack that explodes and can deal high damage, similar to the Crazy Archaeologist's explosive book attack. Players must run away from them to avoid damage.
He is also able to disarm players, much like how the Chaos Elemental does. He is also one of the only monsters (including mummies, Vet'ion and the thermonuclear smoke devil) to drop the ancient staff.
The fastest way to get there is by casting Ghorrock Teleport or using its magic tablet equivalent. Alternatively, a burning amulet can teleport players to the entrance of the Lava Maze; run west from there. Alternately, players with the hard Wilderness Diary completed and a POH obelisk can select the level 44 Wilderness teleport.
One quote is said every time the Chaos Fanatic attacks the player.
- "Devilish Oxen Roll!"
- "All your wilderness are belong to them!"
- "I shall call him squidgy and he shall be my squidgy!"
|Zamorak monk top||1||Uncommon[d 1]||1,006||24|
|Zamorak monk bottom||1||Uncommon[d 1]||2,598||18|
|Ring of life||1||Uncommon||1,996||2,115|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Zamorak robe top and bottom are dropped together.
|Grimy lantadyme||4 (noted)||Uncommon||6,632||52|
|Uncut sapphire||4 (noted)||Common||2,128||60|
|Uncut emerald||6 (noted)||Common||4,248||180|
|Pure essence||250 (noted)||Common||500||500|
|Wine of zamorak||10 (noted)||Common||18,660||0|
|Looting bag||1||1/30||Not sold||N/A|
|Larran's key||1||Rare[d 1]||Not sold||54|
|Slayer's enchantment||1||1/30[d 2]||1,103||720|
|Mysterious emblem||1||1/43[d 3]||74,053||30,000|
|Brimstone key||1||1/79.6[d 4]||Not sold||N/A|
|Clue scroll (hard)||1||1/128; 1/64[d 5]||Not sold||12|
|Odium shard 1||1||1/256[d 6]||115,271||18,600|
|Malediction shard 1||1||1/256[d 6]||167,227||18,600|
|Pet chaos elemental||1||1/1,000||Not sold||N/A|
Rare drop table
In addition to the drops above, this monster also has access to the rare drop table.
|Loop half of key||1||Common||10,342||60|
|Tooth half of key||1||Common||10,206||60|
|Rune 2h sword||1||Uncommon||37,933||38,400|
|Rune sq shield||1||Uncommon||22,597||23,040|
|Silver ore||100 (noted)||Uncommon||6,300||4,500|
|Dragon med helm||1||Rare||59,252||60,000|
|Shield left half||1||Rare||65,793||66,000|
- The Chaos Fanatic's animation (apart from attacking) is similar to Dr Harlow before he is sober.
- The Chaos Fanatic's quote "I shall call him squidgy and he shall be my squidgy!" is a reference to the Disney movie Finding Nemo.
- The Chaos Fanatic's quote "All your wilderness are belong to them!" is a reference to the phrase "All your base are belong to us," which originated in the 1989 game Zero Wing and has made it into many games since then, including Warcraft III, Civilization III, Halo, Guild Wars, Neopets, Rome: Total War, Age of Empires, Empire Earth, and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2.
- ↑ Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 14 March 2018. (Archived from the original on 5 June 2019.) Mod Ash: "For nastier bosses (e.g. Callisto) it's 1/30. For other things it scales between 1/320 and 1/80 as the NPC's HP scales from 0 to 300."
- ↑ Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 7 June 2017. (Archived from the original on 25 Mar 2019.) Mod Ash: "It's calculated off the HP: 1 in (155 - (HP/2)) There's none with HP over 300, but it'd disregard values higher than that."