Chaos druids are low-level humans commonly killed for their consistent drops of herbs. Unlike most druids, they worship both Guthix and Zamorak. They attack using their fists and also use the Confuse spell, which takes the appearance of Bind and binds their target very briefly if successful. The Chaos druids' weakness is Ranged. Beware of player killers in the Edgeville Dungeon, as it is a popular place to train for players with low Defence.
Since the druids will commonly drop air and law runes, you should bring a fire rune to cast Varrock Teleport for quick bank trips with almost no cost. Alternatively, for players fighting chaos druids in the Taverley Dungeon, it's advisable to bring at least 1 water rune to cast Falador Teleport.
Ironman accounts may benefit from the frequent law rune drops at a low level.
Drop rates estimated based on 151,561 kills from the Old School RuneScape Wiki drop log project, unless otherwise cited.
There is an 45/128 chance of rolling the herb drop table. When the drop table is rolled, there is a 3/4 chance of dropping 1 herb and 1/4 chance of dropping 2 herbs leading to an average of 1.25 herbs per roll.
|Grimy guam leaf||1–2||1/11.4||13-26||7-14|
|Grimy ranarr weed||1–2||1/33.1||6,236-12,472||18-36|
|Grimy irit leaf||1–2||1/45.5||744-1,488||10-20|
|Grimy dwarf weed||1–2||1/121.4||521-1,042||14-28|
There is a 1/128 chance of rolling the gem drop table.
|Uncut sapphire||1||1/512; 1/260[d 1]||647||15|
|Uncut emerald||1||1/1,024; 1/520[d 1]||825||30|
|Uncut ruby||1||1/2,048; 1/1,040[d 1]||1,455||60|
|Chaos talisman||1||1/5,461.33; 1/2,773.33[d 1][d 2]||437||2|
|Nature talisman||1||1/5,461.33; 1/2,773.33[d 1][d 2]||570||2|
|Uncut diamond||1||1/8,192; 1/4,160[d 1]||2,991||120|
|Loop half of key||1||1/16,384; 1/8,320[d 1]||10,384||60|
|Tooth half of key||1||1/16,384; 1/8,320[d 1]||10,291||60|
|Rune javelin||1||1/16,384; 1/8,320[d 1]||167||240|
|Rune spear||1||1/262,144; 1/15,600[d 1][d 3]||12,066||12,480|
|Shield left half||1||1/524,288; 1/31,200[d 1][d 3]||65,647||66,000|
|Dragon spear||1||1/699,050.67; 1/41,600[d 1][d 3]||38,244||37,440|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. (Archived from the original on 2 May 2019.) Mod Ash: "The chance is 1/128 for the mould; it's replaced with 2-12 mithril bolts if you've not done the quest."
- ↑ Envision. "Drop Rates V2." RuneScape Forums.
- ↑ Jagex. Mod Kieren's Twitter account. 18 January 2016. Mod Kieren: "Fair few people asking about ensouled head drop rates... Here you go! "
- ↑ Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 7 June 2017. (Archived from the original on 25 Mar 2019.) Mod Ash: "It's calculated off the HP: 1 in (155 - (HP/2)) There's none with HP over 300, but it'd disregard values higher than that."
- ↑ Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 14 March 2018. (Archived from the original on 5 June 2019.) Mod Ash: "For nastier bosses (e.g. Callisto) it's 1/30. For other things it scales between 1/320 and 1/80 as the NPC's HP scales from 0 to 300."