|Released||7 January 2016 (Update)|
|Removal||23 May 2019 (Update)|
|Examine||A holy looking fellow.|
Charlie Brown was a monk located in Hosidius, up the ladder in the small church to the south (which has since been replaced with monk camping site). When spoken to, he revealed that he had journeyed to Great Kourend in search of luck and fortune, and wears monk's robes to keep him holy when praying to Arengeesus, the Goddess of Luck.
He claimed those who praise Arengeesus enough to get her attention were rewarded with luck on the adventures of those who praised her. The player then attempted to refute the statement by claiming hard work is all that's needed, but Charlie Brown believed that working hard is a form of praise to Arengeesus.
Following the rework of Hosidius on 23 May 2019, he was removed from the game due to his dialogue being deemed inappropriate.
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Changes[edit | edit source]
|8 January 2016
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The name could be a possible reference to the character Charlie Brown from the Peanuts comic strip, however this is unknown and unconfirmed.
- The deity Charlie Brown worships, Arengeesus, is a denomination based on the phrase Praise RNGesus, which is often said by people in situations that are determined largely by luck, chance, or randomness in online games. It is derived from RNG, which means "random number generator."
- Despite referring to Arengeesus as the "God of Luck", deities who are female are usually referred to as a goddess.
References[edit | edit source]
- Charlie Brown, Old School RuneScape. "I've come to Kourend in search of luck, [player name]. I seek many fortunes and as you know you need luck to find fortune!"
- Charlie Brown, Old School RuneScape. "Ah these robes keeps me holy, I must remain holy when praying to the God of Luck"
- Charlie Brown, Old School RuneScape. "Arengeesus, God of luck. We do not know much about her or where she comes from, we just know she is there looking over us."
- Charlie Brown, Old School RuneScape. "Those who praise Arengeesus enough to get her attention are rewarded. She will gaze down upon you providing you with luck on your adventures."
- Charlie Brown, Old School RuneScape. "[Hard work is all you need.] Perhaps working hard is merely a form of praise to the God of luck, [player name]."
- Jagex. Mod West's Twitter account. 25 May 2019. (Archived from the original on 25 May 2020.) Mod West: "Yes. He was initially moved out of the way because of the cringe memes but we felt it best that he just goes completely."