The cheese and tomato batta (spelled in-game as Cheese+tom batta) is a type of Gnome food. To make gnome food, members must first learn the basics of Gnome cooking from Aluft Gianne Sr and pass his test. A player who has passed this test and has achieved level 29 Cooking or higher can make this item. Like all gnome foods, they stop burning at Cooking level 38. Cheese and tomato battas give 150 Cooking experience when made, and restore 11 hitpoints when eaten.
To make a batta, use Gianne dough on a batta tin to make raw batta, then bake it on a range to make half-baked batta. (In the activity, this becomes a "half-made batta"). The basic ingredients are added to make the specific batta type desired (in this case tomatoes and cheese are added), and they are baked on a range. If required, a final ingredient is added to the batta, as in this case, an Equa leaf is added.
This item of food is an order in the Gnome Restaurant activity, and may also be obtained by an order through a reward token. Many players may make this along with other gnome food, therefore only leaving the job of delivering the food, in hopes of getting a unique gnome item.
This is the direct recipe found in Gianne's cook book:
- Place some Gianne dough in a batta tin.
- Bake it as normal. Top the batta with equal quantities of cheese and tomato.
- Place the batta in the oven once more until all the cheese has melted. Finish the dish with a sprinkling of equa leaves.
The combination of cheese and tomato was discovered by the explorer Wingstone while he was visiting the human lands. Apparently, it is commonly used in a strange, flat human dish called a pizza (something most gnomes do not know about).
- ↑ Due to Grand Exchange prices changing based on trade volume, this profit may not be fully accurate if the components are infrequently traded.
|29 March 2004 –
7 August 2006
|7 August 2006 –|
- The cheese and tomato batta is very similar to a calzone.