Chest (Rogues' Castle)
|Released||10 May 2002 (Update)|
|Examine||I wonder what's inside.|
The Wilderness Rogues' Chests are located at the Rogues' Castle at approximately level 54 Wilderness. A Thieving level of 84 is required to open these chests. Upon successfully unlocking a chest, the player is granted 100 experience and various treasures including noted fish, runes, ores, and noted dragonstones. Each chest is worth 2,000 coins on average.
Getting to them[edit | edit source]
A player has many options to get to the Rogues' Chests.
- Teleporting using a Wilderness Obelisk is the fastest method to get there. It is recommended to have completed the hard Wilderness Diary in order to teleport directly to the level 50 obelisk.
- Players are able to use the Annakarl Teleport or an Annakarl teleport tablet from the Grand Exchange. This teleports the player relatively close to the castle, though slightly further than the Wilderness Obelisk.
- Teleporting to Fountain of rune using the Wilderness sword 3 (one daily teleport) or 4 (unlimited). This is similar distance as the Annakarl Teleport.
- Players may also use the Edgeville lever to teleport deep in the Wilderness and run east to the Rogues' Castle. However, doing this requires the player to run past the Chaos Elemental, which hits consistently, even at high levels.
Inside the Castle[edit | edit source]
The castle is home to many non-aggressive level-135 rogues. Once a chest is opened, however, these rogues will become alerted to the players presence and begin to attack. As such it is highly recommended to have a Prayer level of at least 43 to use Protect from Melee, as the rogues have a max hit of 15. Low-cost or untradeable equipment that provides a high Prayer bonus such as a set of monk's robes, a holy symbol, any god books, any Ardougne cloaks, and the Explorer's ring, are recommended as they can easily be re-obtained. A possible setup is shown on the left.
As the chests are located very deep within the Wilderness, beware of player-killers! In addition, use caution when entering or leaving the area, as the Chaos Elemental may wander in front or near the Rogues' Castle! Do not bring items you are unwilling to lose.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
|Clue scroll (hard)||1||1/99[r 1]||Not sold||12|
- The ring of wealth (i) will not double the chances of obtaining this item.
Changes[edit | edit source]
|3 April 2014
(update | poll)