Clan Settings are accessed by clicking the "Settings" button in the "Your Clan" tab of the chat-channel panel. In this interface players can change various settings of their clan (providing they have the appropriate rank to do so), such as changing the ranks of clan members, the permissions various ranks have, and creating events.
- 1 Main settings
- 2 Clan motif
- 3 Events
- 4 Member list
- 5 Applicants
- 6 Clan Hall
- 7 Permissions
- 8 Rank Titles
- 9 Ban list
- 10 Leave Clan
Main settings[edit | edit source]
The main settings displays the size of the clan, the owner, and the date the clan was founded. In addition, it displays several general settings.
Name[edit | edit source]
The name of the clan is displayed here. The owner can change the name of the clan here, while non-owners can choose to report the clan name as offensive.
Home World[edit | edit source]
Players can input the home world of the clan. If an invalid world is selected (such as 35) the player is asked to input a valid world.
Players can view a list of valid worlds in the world switching interface.
Ownership[edit | edit source]
Only visible to the owner, this is where owners resign and instantly transfer ownership to the oldest member of the clan with an Administrator rank or above, and who has been active within the past 90 days. This decision cannot be reversed.
If the player is the last clan member, players are prompted whether they wish to delete the clan.
Interests[edit | edit source]
Players can select interests for the clan, which help prospective clan members to make their decision whether to join the player's clan.
|Ultimate Iron players||Hardcore Iron players|
|Castle Wars||Soul Wars|
Talk in chat[edit | edit source]
Players can choose which ranks are able to speak in the clan chat.
Guests may listen in chat[edit | edit source]
Players can toggle whether to block guests from viewing the clan chat.
Clan motif[edit | edit source]
Players can customise their clan's motif by clicking the clan motif on the right side of the main settings interface.
Colours[edit | edit source]
Players can choose from one of the following eight colours for their clan motif.
Icons[edit | edit source]
Players can choose two icons from the following 27 icons for their clan motif. Players can also leave the icons empty should they wish to do so.
|Dragon med helm||Timelessly fashionable. The helmet of a champion.|
|Compass||Not all who wander are lost.|
|Axe and pickaxe||A good tool improves the way you work. A great tool improves the way you think.|
|Party hat||Party time! Excellent.|
|Bones||Ashes to ashes. Dust to dust. Bones to experience.|
|Wizard hat||It is our choices that show us what we truly are. Far more than our abilities.|
|Holy star of Saradomin||Go in peace in the name of Saradomin; may his glory shine upon you like the sun.|
|Fish||Give a noob a fish and they will leave you alone. Teach a noob to fish and they will inflate the fish market.|
|Tragedy||Life's biggest tragedy is that we get old too soon and wise too late.|
|Heart||Follow it. You'll be happier.|
|Robin hat||Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions.|
|Unholy symbol of Zamorak||May your bloodthirst never be sated, and may all your battles be glorious. Zamorak bring you strength.|
|Rake and spade||Life is a garden. You reap what you sow.|
|Comedy||A day without laughter is a day wasted.|
|Swords||If by my life or death I can protect you, I will. You have my sword.|
|Arrows||Aim steady. Perfection is unattainable, but one should always strive for it.|
|Icon of Guthix||May you walk the path, and never fall, for Guthix walks beside thee on thy journey. May Guthix bring you peace.|
|Bob||Cats are easily as tough as sheep. Cats were the second thing Guthix brought here, after sheep of course.|
|Mask||Stand and deliver!|
|Defence||The shield that guards the realms of men.|
|Cabbage||Brassica Prime. Thy Name be Vegetable, thy land be soil. Plant in us thy seeds of faith, that we may grow beyond allotments. Forever, your crops. Cabbage.|
|Rose||A rose in the grey.|
|Ring||You must really like your clan if you put a ring on it.|
|Skull||A risky life, to be marked by Him. Though a skulled adventurer need not fear when their clan is near.|
|Iron||By the way.|
|Ultimate iron||Ultimately, you stand alone.|
Events[edit | edit source]
The Events settings allows players to view upcoming events for the clan.
Players can enter Edit Mode to create or change an existing event.
Type[edit | edit source]
There are four types to choose from, which will change the choice of Activity players can select whilst creating an event.
Subtype[edit | edit source]
The subtype can be chosen to further specify the details of the event.
Date[edit | edit source]
Players can input the number of days until the event starts. The maximum is 30.
Once players input a date, it will be displayed in DD-Mon-YYYY format.
Activity[edit | edit source]
Players can select a number of activities for the event, depending on the type chosen.
Bossing[edit | edit source]
|Abyssal Sire||Alchemical Hydra||Barrows||Callisto||Cerberus||Chambers of Xeric|
|Chambers of Xeric: Challenge Mode||Chaos Elemental||Chaos Fanatic||Commander Zilyana||Corporeal Beast||Crazy Archaeologist|
|Dagannoth Kings||Deranged Archaeologist||Fight Caves||Gauntlet||General Graardor||Giant Mole|
|Grotesque Guardians||Inferno||K'ril Tsutsaroth||Kalphite Queen||King Black Dragon||Kraken|
|Kree'arra||Sarachnis||Scorpia||Tempoross||Theatre of Blood||Thermy|
Skilling[edit | edit source]
PvP[edit | edit source]
|Revenants||Deep Wilderness||Chaos Altar||Last Man Standing|
|Soul Wars||Castle Wars||Dharoks||1 Defence|
|Berserker||Med-Level||Free to play||Rimmington|
Social[edit | edit source]
|Hide and Seek||Bank Standing||FashionScape|
|House party||Clan Hall Gathering||Questing|
Time[edit | edit source]
Players can input the time that the event is scheduled to start, using the 24-hour clock.
Players cannot set time zones for events, though the in-game clock uses Coordinated Universal Time (UTC).
Any clan member that logs in 24 hours before the event starts will be notified of the upcoming event; this occurs for the player once per day.
Join Rank[edit | edit source]
Players can set the rank for which players can participate in the event, ranging from Guest to Owner, alongside any customised ranks the player has set in the Titles settings
World[edit | edit source]
Players can input the world in which the event is planned to take place.
If an invalid world is selected (such as 73) the player is asked to input a valid world. Players can view a list of valid worlds in the world switching interface.
Duration (Days)[edit | edit source]
Players can input the number of days in which the event takes place. The maximum is 30.
Member list[edit | edit source]
The Members settings displays a list of clan members. Players can use the drop-down menus on the top to choose what player data to see, display a range of ranks on the bottom, and search for player names.
- Rank - The rank of the clan member. Players can change their rank from here.
- Joined - The date in which the clan member joined the clan, displayed in DD-Mon-YYYY format.
- Last seen - The date in which the clan member last logged in. This data is only stored for those with Administrator rank or above.
- Skill total - The total level of the clan member. Only displayed for players on the same world as the one viewing the member list.
- Combat level - The combat level of the clan member. Only displayed for players on the same world as the one viewing the member list.
- Highscores - Displays a link to the clan member's HiScores.
- Expel - Expels the clan member. A confirmation message will pop up asking if players would like to proceed.
Applicants[edit | edit source]
The Applicants interface is where players can open up their clan for recruitment and view players who have applied to join the clan.
The left side of the interface displays a list of applicants, and can be clicked on to display their skill levels on the right. Players can then accept or decline the application.
Players must stop inviting applications before being able to enter the Clan Hall and enter Edit Mode for events.
Clan Hall[edit | edit source]
The Clan Hall settings allows players to toggle the following. To change which ranks can enter and edit the clan hall, players must view the Permissions settings instead.
- Home world - Choose whether or not to restrict accessibility of the Clan Hall to the clan's home world.
- Lock hall - Choose whether or not to lock the Clan Hall to additional players. Players inside the Clan Hall when this setting is changed will not be kicked out.
- Player count - Choose the amount of players that are allowed inside the Clan Hall. The maximum is 2,000.
Permissions[edit | edit source]
Players can set the permission access to an existing rank here, which allows the minimum rank set to edit the permissions for various features in the clan settings.
Management[edit | edit source]
There are six management settings. All but recruitment require a minimum of Administrator to change.
- Edit rank titles - Sets the rank required to add or change the titles used for ranks.
- Assign member ranks - Sets the rank required to assign ranks to lower ranked clan members. Players cannot edit the rank of a higher ranked clan member, nor can they edit their own rank to be higher than their current one.
- Recruitment - Sets the rank required to invite other players into the clan and open up the clan for recruitment in the Applicants interface.
- Expel members - Sets the rank required to expel lower ranked clan members from the clan.
- Edit public profile - Sets the rank required to edit the main settings (ex. clan interests and home world)
- Icons - Sets the rank required to edit the clan motif.
Chat[edit | edit source]
There are eight chat settings:
- Talk in chat - Sets the rank required to talk in the clan chat.
- Kick from chat - Sets the rank required to kick guests from the clan chat.
- Ban from chat - Sets the rank required to ban and unban guests from the clan chat. Only available for ranks Administrator and above.
- Guests may listen in chat - Choose whether to block guests from viewing the clan chat.
- Guest minimum combat - Sets the minimum combat level for guests to join the clan chat. If changed, existing guests will not be kicked out.
- Guest minimum skill total - Sets the minimum total level for guests to join the clan chat. If changed, existing guests will not be kicked out.
- Guest minimum QP - Sets the minimum amount of quest points for guests to join the clan chat. If changed, existing guests will not be kicked out.
- Guest Iron status - Sets the type of iron status for guests to join (Any Iron player, UIM only, or HCIM only). If changed, existing guests will not be kicked out.
Events[edit | edit source]
There are two events settings:
- Organise events - Sets the rank required to enter Edit Mode for events.
- Initiate Clan Wars - Sets the rank required to send and receive challenges in Clan Wars.
Coffer[edit | edit source]
There are two coffer settings:
- Deposit into coffer - Sets the rank required to deposit coins into the Clan Coffer.
- Withdraw from coffer - Sets the rank required to withdraw coins from the Clan Coffer.
Clan Hall[edit | edit source]
There are two Clan Hall settings:
- Enter clan hall - Sets the rank required to enter the Clan Hall.
- Edit clan hall - Sets the rank required to edit aspects of the Clan Hall in the clan hall settings further above this section.
Rank Titles[edit | edit source]
Clans have a number of ranks which can be assigned to individual members of that clan through the clan settings.
|Jagex Moderator||Jagex Moderators have full access to every clan in RuneScape.|
|Owner||The player who owns the clan, typically the person who created it.|
|Deputy Owner||The player(s) who act as deputy owners, assigned by the owner.|
|Up to 4 customisable ranks from the table below|
|Administrator||The player(s) who typically manage the clan.|
|Up to 10 customisable ranks from the table below|
|Guest||Guests who have not joined the clan.|
14 ranks within a clan have a customisable name and corresponding icon, and can be any of the following 264 ranks:
|List of customisable ranks|
|Army ranks 1|
|Army ranks 2|
|Army ranks 3|
|Gnome Child||Gnome Elder||Short Green Guy|
Ban list[edit | edit source]
Players can view the clan's ban list here. It displays all current players that are banned from joining the clan's chat or entering the Clan Hall as a guest. Clan members can search for specific banned players by clicking the search icon in the bottom right, or to exit the search results.
Clan members with the ranks Administrator and above can add players to be banned, or to unban a player from the clan.
Leave Clan[edit | edit source]
This prompts a confirmation message on whether players truly wish to leave the clan or not. Players who leave the clan cannot rejoin again unless someone with the rank to recruit players invites them back.
Clan Owners must resign via the main settings before leaving the clan.