Client of Kourend
|Client of Kourend (#131)|
|Release date||20 April 2017 (Update)|
|Quest series||Great Kourend|
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Speak to Veos at Port Piscarilius.|
|Description||Will you help Veos handle a mysterious client?|
|Official length||Medium (15-20 minutes)|
|Enemies to defeat||None|
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Speak to Veos at the northernmost dock of Port Sarim to sail to Port Piscarilius. Once in Port Piscarilius, speak to Veos again and ask if he has any quests for you. He will say that he has a client from the mainland who is interested in some knowledge surrounding the cities of Kourend, specifically its hierarchy and general social organisation. Agree to help him, and he will give you an enchanted scroll, which you must use a feather on to create an enchanted quill. If you haven't got one already, a feather can be easily obtained from Gerrant's Fishy Business in Port Sarim.
With the enchanted quill in your inventory, you will have to speak to the general store owners of Great Kourend. They can be found in buildings marked with the icon.
NOTE: If you are using the Kourend Castle Teleport spell to get around Great Kourend, talk to Leenz, north of Veos before teleporting, as this is the one city where teleporting doesn't shorten the running distance. After that, teleport to Great Kourend and travel to the next general store, repeating the process as needed.
Speak to a store owner, and ask them about their respective city and why someone should gain favour in their respective city. When you are receiving information from the Regath, the Arceuus general store owner, the quill will mysteriously glow and damage your hand! You will not take any damage, however.
Once you've spoken to every single general store owner, a mysterious voice whispers to you that you must return to Veos. He will take your quill and scroll. You then tell Veos about your hand being damaged, and he says the client apologises, as the mention of the Dark Altar "provoked emotions".
Veos will then ask you to take a mysterious orb and activate it when near the Dark Altar. The Dark Altar is found north of Arceuus, which can be reached relatively quickly by teleporting to the Wintertodt Camp via a games necklace, running south following the path that goes west a bit, until you reach the dark area, and then east. The dark altar is at the end of the purple crystals. If you have access to Fairy rings, use the code CIS to get close to the Dark Altar. The Dark Altar is located north-east of the CIS fairy ring. (You need to unlock it by paying 80,000 coins.)
Return to Veos in Port Piscarilius; the quest cannot be completed by talking to him in Port Sarim. He will then claim that he has not spoken to you since taking you to Great Kourend, and suddenly becomes possessed. Veos' Client will now speak, with the player questioning him to no avail. Before he releases Veos from his possession, he will give you your reward.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 1 Quest Quest point
- Two antique lamps which provide 500 XP each in a skill of the player's choosing.
- Kourend favour certificate. Reading it grants 20% favour towards a city of your choosing.
- A good choice for the favour reward (if not at 30% already) is Port Piscarilius since the first 30% is both semi-expensive, and time consuming.
- Kharedst's memoirs
Post-quest easter eggs[edit | edit source]
There used to be two easter eggs that could be done during or after completion of the quest. These offer no rewards. However, the second easter egg was silently removed 10 January 2019, effectively retconning the information. Therefore, only the first easter egg presently exists in the game.
Copper's collar[edit | edit source]
A set of wolf bones can be used on Veos. The bones will remind him of Copper, his pet wolf - a loyal, brave and gentle wolf who wore a crimson collar. When Veos was travelling in the Fremennik Provinces, he and his wolf (who was 19 years old) were ambushed by a group of feral foxes, and suffered fatal wounds. Veos ran away, and he sought to search for his remains, to no avail. Offer to help him, then travel to the Fremennik Province.
Once you obtain the collar, return to Veos, who will be grateful for your help.
The Client's identity[edit | edit source]
This dialogue is now retconned, and no longer exists.
Previously, players could attempt to charm Veos' Client using a Ring of charos (a) into revealing his name. However, the client foiled the attempt, asking the player if they truly thought that he could be manipulated by Charos' feeble magic. He decided to tell the player due to their efforts, and reveals himself to be Xeric, a tyrant who ruled Great Kourend nearly 1,030 years ago.
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
- Dragon Slayer II
- The Queen of Thieves
- The Depths of Despair
- The Ascent of Arceuus
- The Forsaken Tower
- Tale of the Righteous
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Prior to an update on 19 April 2018, the quest permanently doubled the rate of gaining favour in all cities within Great Kourend. After the update, this doubled rate became the new default for gaining favour.
- The easter egg about Copper was not solved until over a year (407 days) after the quest's release. When the player revealed the solution on Twitter, Mod Wolf revealed that the easter egg was made in honour of his pet dog, who passed away a while before the quest's release.
References[edit | edit source]
- Jagex. Mod Wolf's Twitter account. 1 June 2018. Mod Wolf: "My dog had passed away a little while before the quest was released and I don’t think I’d have forgiven myself if I didn’t honour him in some way."
Related Links[edit | edit source]
Wiki Links[edit | edit source]
- The Optimal quest guide lists Old School RuneScape quests in an order that allows new level 3 members account to progress in an order that minimises the amount of skill training.
- The List of quests lists Old School RuneScape quests, both free-to-play and pay-to-play quests.