Clue scroll (master)
|Clue scroll (master)|
|Released||6 July 2016 (Update)|
|Examine||Hopefully leads to treasure.|
|High alch||12 coins|
|Low alch||8 coins|
|Store price||Not sold|
A clue scroll (master) is the highest tier of clue scroll.
Players can obtain a master clue scroll from the following methods:
- By bringing one each of the easy, medium, hard and elite clue scrolls to Watson at his house, which is located south of the estate agent at Hosidius. It should be noted that if you have an incomplete master scroll and attempt to obtain a new scroll, Watson will take all lower tier scrolls but NOT give you a master scroll until either you complete the original scroll or discard it.
- As a potential reward from completing any easy, medium, hard or elite treasure trails, with the chances of obtaining them being 1/50, 1/30, 1/15, and 1/5 respectively.
Like elite and hard clue scrolls, master clue scrolls also have combat encounters. They include a Brassican Mage, Double agent or three Ancient Wizards (in multi-combat areas). As their tier suggests, master clues require a myriad of usually high-levelled items, requirements and quests in order to complete them.
It should be noted, that if a player dies in the Wilderness with a clue scroll in above level 20, it will disappear whether it's a PvP death or not, unless it is an item kept on death, or if that player has a clue box. Players will find that the clue scroll will be gone upon returning to their loot otherwise. However, when dying in the Wilderness with a clue box, provided the player returns quick enough, the clue will stay in the inventory while the clue box is lost. In lower wilderness however (level 20 or lower) in PvP death, the unprotected clue will stay on the ground for up to 1 hour. The same goes for reward caskets. If you die in lower Wilderness due to a monster you will always keep the clue whether protected or not.
Master clue scrolls can be between 6 and 8 steps long, and give a master reward casket upon completion.
Types of clues[edit | edit source]
Please note that it is possible to receive the same clue more than once.
- Falo the Bard
- Puzzle box
- Light box
- Cryptic clues
- Emote clues
- Hot & Cold
Requirements[edit | edit source]
Skill requirements[edit | edit source]
Certain clues will require items that need a certain skill requirement in order to wear, wield or access. The table below shows the highest skill requirement, in order to complete every master clue. Quest skill requirements are not noted in this table. Sherlock may also give you skill challenges which require certain skill levels to complete. Temporary skill boosts can be used for non-combat skill challenges.
|75 Attack||Required to wield Godswords and Arclight.|
|70 Strength||Required to equip Torag's hammers and Dharok's greataxe.|
|130 Attack + Strength
|Required to access Warriors' Guild and wield dragon defender.|
|70 Defence||Required to wear Barrows armour.|
|80 Agility||Required to complete a lap of the Rellekka Agility Course with full graceful outfit.|
|72 Cooking||Required to dissect a sacred eel.|
|87 Crafting||Required to craft a light orb.|
|85 Farming||Required to plant spirit saplings and to enter the high tier of the Farming Guild.|
|90 Firemaking||Required to light redwood logs.|
|87 Fishing||Required to fish a sacred eel.|
|81 Fletching||Required to fletch rune darts.|
|87 Herblore||Required to make anti-venom.|
|85 Magic||Required to cast Fishing Guild Teleport and Reanimate Abyssal Creature.|
|85 Mining||Required to mine runite ore with full Prospector kit.|
|70 Ranged||Required to wear black dragonhide armour and Karil's equipment.|
|77 Runecraft||Required to runecraft blood runes.|
|88 Smithing||Required to smith a rune med helm.|
|85 Slayer||Required to kill a reanimated abyssal.|
|85 Thieving||Required to pickpocket an elf.|
|90 Woodcutting||Required to cut a redwood tree with full lumberjack outfit.|
- An emote clue requires any Barrows equipment set.
Quest requirements[edit | edit source]
Some clues require access to areas or NPCs which may require quests. Some only require to start the quest in order to gain access.
Other requirements[edit | edit source]
- 100% Arceuus favour to bind a blood rune at the Blood altar, to create a Reanimated abyssal and to create a Barrows teleport tablet.
- 75% Hosidius favour to enter the Woodcutting guild.
- 100% Piscarilius favour to catch an Anglerfish in Port piscarilius.
- 100% Shayzien favour to kill a Lizardman shaman.
- Special untradeables (not including items that you can get from doing quests): full angler's outfit, full lumberjack outfit, full prospector's outfit, full graceful outfit, fire cape, infernal axe and a fighter torso.
Rewards from master clues[edit | edit source]
|3rd age equipment (along with all|
other 3rd age items)
|Gilded equipment (all pieces)|
|Great Kourend city hoods|
|Robes of darkness|
|Ring of coins|
|Left eye patch|
|Obsidian cape (r)|
|Half moon spectacles|
|Ale of the gods|
|Bucket helm (g)|
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
|Reward casket (easy)||N/A||1||1/50|
|Reward casket (elite)||N/A||1||1/5|
|Reward casket (hard)||N/A||1||1/15|
|Reward casket (medium)||N/A||1||1/30|