Commander Zilyana is the appointed leader of Saradomin's forces in the God Wars Dungeon and the sole representative of the Icyene race in Old School RuneScape.
To gain access to her chamber within the Saradomin Encampment, players must have killed 40 of Saradomin's followers throughout the dungeon. Furthermore, in addition to an Agility level of 70 (cannot be boosted), players must bring two ropes on their first visit in order to navigate obstacles in the encampment.
Like other God Wars Dungeon bosses, Zilyana roams around a rectangular room with her bodyguards until a player enters, attacking them on sight. She attacks with very accurate and rapid melee and magic attacks, and her bodyguards use a different combat style each. She will only use her magic attacks at melee distance, which has a minimum hit of 10 should it successfully hit the player. If all players leave, her health and stats will be reset.
A group of players fighting Commander Zilyana and her bodyguards.
The Commander can be seen yelling several battle cries whether or not she is in combat with any players:
- Death to the enemies of the light!
- Slay the evil ones!
- Saradomin lend me strength!
- By the power of Saradomin!
- May Saradomin be my sword!
- Good will always triumph!
- Forward! Our allies are with us!
- Saradomin is with us!
- In the name of Saradomin!
- All praise Saradomin!
- Attack! Find the Godsword!
Drop rates estimated based on 23,068 kills from the Old School RuneScape Wiki drop log project, unless otherwise cited.
The average Commander Zilyana kill, including its unique drops, is worth either 139,247. Excluding the unique drops, the average kill is worth 25,999. Furthermore killing the three minions yields an addtional 6,766 on average (including uniques), bringing the total to 146,013 per kill.
|Godsword shard 1||1||1/762[d 1]||166,028||150,000|
|Godsword shard 2||1||1/762[d 1]||168,519||150,000|
|Godsword shard 3||1||1/762[d 1]||165,294||150,000|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 The drop rate is 1/762 for a specific Godsword Shard piece, or 1/254 for any piece.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Saradomin brews and Super restore potions are dropped together
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Super defence potions and magic potions are dropped together
- ↑ Coins come from rolls on all loot tables, including the unique table, GDT and RDT.
There is a 8/127 chance of rolling the God Wars Dungeon-variant rare drop table and a 2/127 chance of rolling the God Wars Dungeon-variant gem drop table. This table differs from the regular rare drop table and gem drop table in a few ways. This table is unaffected by the Ring of wealth. The Runite bar drop is replaced by a Rune sword. The quantity range of some items differs. All empty rolls (1/2.70) are replaced by a coin drop of 19,500-20,000; however the chance of rolling these coins is included in the monster's main drop table and is not displayed here for the sake of clarity.
|Loop half of key||1||1/94.93||13,749||60|
|Tooth half of key||1||1/99.58||11,798||60|
|Rune 2h sword||1||1/677.33||37,952||38,400|
|Rune sq shield||1||1/1,016||22,617||23,040|
|Silver ore||100 (noted)||1/1,016||7,600||4,500|
|Dragon med helm||1||1/2,032||59,042||60,000|
|Shield left half||1||1/4,220.62||65,468||66,000|
|24 October 2013
|Commander Zilyana is now more vulnerable to the freezing effects of ice spells and the Zamorak godsword.
- While pretending to form an alliance with Armadyl, Commander Zilyana stole the Armadyl crossbow from Kree'arra during the God Wars, keeping it as a trophy of her cunning.
- Following a patch on the 24th October 2013, Zilyana is susceptible to Ice spells and the Zamorak godsword.
- At Old School RuneScape's first birthday event, players could speak to Commander Zilyana, resulting in the following dialogue:
- Player: Greetings, Zilyana.
- Zilyana: Commander, if you don't mind.
- Player: I don't, Zilyana.
- Zilyana: Bah, find me some more cake. oh and FIND THE GODSWORD!
- Player: I'll err... get some more cake alright?