|Released||11 July 2005 (Update)|
|Examine||Good for plants, helps them grow.|
|High alch||12 coins|
|Low alch||8 coins|
|Exchange||26 coins (info)|
Compost is an item that is used in the Farming skill to reduce the chance of a farming patch becoming diseased per growth stage by 50 %. When used on a farming patch, each bucket grants 18 Farming experience.
In addition, it also increases the minimum yield and maximum number of harvests received from allotments, hops and herbs. This also applies to giant seaweed patches underwater and celastrus bark from a fully grown celastrus seed.
Compost can be upgraded into supercompost by using one dose of compost potion on either a bucket of regular compost, or a compost bin filled with regular compost. It can then be upgraded further into ultracompost by using 25 volcanic ash on the bin of supercompost.
Uses[edit | edit source]
Farming info[edit | edit source]
|Farming XP||18 xp|
|Farming patch||Any un-composted farming patch|
Creation[edit | edit source]
It can be made by putting weeds, sweetcorn and other farming produce into the compost bin at farming patches. It takes 60 minutes for the bin to make it rot into compost, but when it is finished rotting, the bin fills 15 buckets with compost. Filling a bucket with compost gives 4.5 Farming experience. Compost can also be bought from farming shops, such as those near the cabbage patch south of Falador, and Alice's Farming Shop north-west of Port Phasmatys.
Compost Bin[edit | edit source]
|Members||Ticks||60 (36s) [r 1]|
- Filling 1 bucket takes 4 ticks, 60 ticks for 15.
Big Compost Bin[edit | edit source]
|60% Hosidius favour required to enter the Farming Guild|
|Members||Ticks||120 (72s) [r 1]|
|Tools||None||Facilities||Big Compost Bin|
- Filling 1 bucket takes 4 ticks, 120 ticks for 30.
Products[edit | edit source]
|Part mud pie (compost)|
(Compost potion (direct))
Item sources[edit | edit source]
|Earth impling jar||6 (noted)||1/10|
|Gang boss||76; 83||45–80 (noted)||25/256|
|Gangster||45; 50||45–80 (noted)||25/256|
Shop locations[edit | edit source]
Gallery (historical)[edit | edit source]
Changes[edit | edit source]
|10 September 2020
The Grand Exchange buy limit was changed from 600 to 2,000.
References[edit | edit source]
- Jagex. Mod Kieren's Twitter account. 7 September 2017. (Archived from the original on 28 May 2020.) Mod Kieren: "So with the release of Ultracompost I figured I'd explain how compost affects crops dying. Sorry it is very word heavy! Fire any questions:)"
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 24 January 2019. (Archived from the original on 28 May 2020.) Mod Ash: "[Flower/berry/cactus patches] don't depend on the compost state. Allotments, hops and herbs do."
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 72 July 2018. (Archived from the original on 28 May 2020.) Mod Ash: "[Does compost increase giant seaweed yield?] Yeah."
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 24 January 2019. (Archived from the original on 28 May 2020.) Mod Ash: "Yes, celastrus would be helped by composting."