Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Speak to the High Priest of Sophanem.|
|Description||The High Priest of Sophanem has problems again - this time with the inhabitants of Menaphos. Sophanem is recovering from the plague, yet most of its citizens are still trapped on the other side of the river. Diplomacy has failed and subterfuge beckons. Clearly, this is the sort of job that a shifty adventurer could excel in.|
|Enemies to defeat||Giant scarab (level 191)|
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Talk to the High Priest in Sophanem.
- Go to the most north-eastern building in Sophanem and talk to Jex.
- Climb-down the ladder in the building, then the trapdoor.
- Follow the red line on the map to the ladder. Protection from magic is recommended. It is also recommended to turn off auto-retaliate in the combat tab.
- You will encounter one scarab trap via this path. BE HIGHLY CAUTIOUS as triggering it would drop you to a multi combat lower level.
|Floor trap: Search floor to pass. Walking over them will deal 14-17 damage|
|Wall trap: Search the wall to pass. Walking past them will deal 14-17 damage|
|Crusher Blocks: Move diagonally between them or use the minimap to automatically navigate (Note: This may sometimes fail). Failure will hit around 8 damage.|
|Sand pits: Avoid by walking around the pit. If you step on these, the ground will crack open and a Scarab swarm will come out.|
|Scarab trap: Avoid standing directly under these. Otherwise a pit will appear, dropping you to the lower level.|
- Search Kaleef's body.
- Read the parchment.
- Talk to Maisa to the west.
- Speak to Osman in front of the Al Kharid palace.
- Travel to Sophanem and speak to Osman again outside the gates.
- Navigate the tunnels to the ladder again.
- Kill the level 191 Giant scarab.
- If you decide to mage the Giant Scarab, it can be safespotted by standing near Kaleef's body, use Protect from Missiles. Note: The Giant Scarab can still spawn mages and riders that can attack you which you should be highly careful of. The Giant Scarab CAN extinguish bullseye lanterns; bring a tinderbox.
- Talk to Osman.
- Pick up Keris if you wish (needed for Desert hard diary).
- (Tip: Do not teleport out if you wish to complete a task for Desert hard diary, instead return to the maze and kill a Locust rider with the Keris.)
- Return to Sophanem and talk to the High Priest.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 1 Quest point
- 7,000 Thieving experience
- Combat lamp giving two wishes granting 7,000 experience to Attack, Strength, Defence, Hitpoints, Ranged, or Magic
- The Keris
- Access to Sophanem's bank