|Cook's Assistant (#1)|
|Release date||4 January 2001 (Update)|
Cook's Assistant is the first RuneScape quest ever released. In the quest, players must obtain a bucket of milk, an egg, and a pot of flour. They need to give the items to the cook, who requires the ingredients to make a birthday cake for Duke Horacio.
This quest was one of the six available during RuneScape's launch, and was originally developed by Paul Gower.
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Speak to the Cook in the kitchen of Lumbridge Castle.|
|Description||The Lumbridge Castle cook is in a mess. It is the Duke of Lumbridge's birthday and the cook is making the cake. He needs a lot of ingredients and doesn't have much time.|
|Official length||Short (<5 minutes)|
|Enemies to defeat||None|
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
A feast for a Duke[edit | edit source]
Items Required: None. Suggested: 2 Lumbridge teleport methods.
- To begin the quest, talk to the Cook on the ground floor[UK]1st floor[US] of Lumbridge Castle inside the kitchen. You may choose to use a Lumbridge teleport method, as listed above to reach him. He informs you that it is Duke Horacio's birthday, and that he is supposed to prepare a cake for the celebration. However, he has forgotten to bring some of the ingredients required for the cake and asks you bring him a bucket of milk, an egg, and a pot of flour.
Prep Work[edit | edit source]
- Pick up a pot from the table near the Cook. Head down the nearby trapdoor, pick up a bucket from the nothernmost table, and then leave the basement.
Egg[edit | edit source]
- From the Lumbridge Castle, follow the path north, past the sheep pen, then west towards the chicken coop and pick up an egg.
Pot of flour[edit | edit source]
- Leave the chicken pen, head west a few paces, and pick some grain from the wheat field. Head to the top floor and put the grain in the hopper then pull the lever. Back on the ground floor[UK]1st floor[US], use your pot to collect flour from the bin.
Bucket of milk[edit | edit source]
- With your empty bucket, go north of the windmill the northern Lumbridge cow field. Use the empty bucket on a dairy cow to obtain some milk.
Delivery[edit | edit source]
- After collecting all the ingredients, take them back to the Cook. Speak to him one last time to give him the ingredients. If you have another Lumbridge teleport method, you may wish to use it now to save some time.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 1 Quest Quest point
- 300 Cooking Cooking experience
- Permission to use the Cook-o-matic 100, which significantly reduces the chance of burning food.
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
The completion of Cook's Assistant is a requirement to complete the following:
- Recipe for Disaster
- Easy Lumbridge & Draynor Diary: "Bake some bread on the Lumbridge castle kitchen range."
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Cook's Assistant is one of 6 quests released on the launch day of RuneScape.
- There is an easter egg in the Death to the Dorgeshuun quest — when you introduce Zanik to the Lumbridge Cook, he tries to offer the quest to her. "In fact, it's a good thing I met you. It's the Duke's birthday today, and I should be making him a lovely big birthday cake. I need eggs, flour and milk...." You then tell the cook she does not have time for that, to which he responds "It was worth a try." This insinuates that the cook tries to trick newcomers into bringing him supplies.
Related Links[edit | edit source]
- The Optimal quest guide lists Old School RuneScape quests in an order that allows new level 3 members account to progress in an order that minimises the amount of skill training.
- The List of quests lists Old School RuneScape quests, both free-to-play and pay-to-play quests.