|Cook's Assistant (#1)|
|Released||4 January 2001 (Update)|
|Lead developer(s)||Paul Gower|
Cook's Assistant is the first RuneScape quest ever released. In the quest, the player must obtain a bucket of milk, an egg, and a pot of flour for the Cook of Lumbridge Castle who is running low on time to make a birthday cake for Duke Horacio.
This quest was one of the six available during RuneScape's launch, and was originally developed by Paul Gower.
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Speak to the Cook in the kitchen of Lumbridge Castle.|
|Description||The Lumbridge Castle cook is in a mess. It is the Duke of Lumbridge's birthday and the cook is making the cake. He needs a lot of ingredients and doesn't have much time.|
|Official length||Very Short|
|Enemies to defeat||None|
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
A feast for a Duke[edit | edit source]
Begin the quest by talking to the Cook in the kitchen on the ground floor[UK]1st floor[US] of Lumbridge Castle. He mentions it is Duke Horacio's birthday and that he is supposed to bake a cake for it. However, he has forgotten to buy the ingredients and asks the player to bring him a bucket of milk, an egg, and a pot of flour.
Note: You can skip the intended process by bringing a pot of flour, a bucket of milk, and an egg with you. After starting the quest with all of these items, you say that you happen to have those items with you and the cook will ask if you were planning on baking a cake, completing the quest in seconds.
Egg[edit | edit source]
Bucket of milk[edit | edit source]
With an empty bucket, go north into the cow pasture. Use the empty bucket on a dairy cow to get a bucket of milk. Optional: You may talk to Gillie Groats across the river to the east in Lumbridge cow field next to the dairy cow for an explanation on how to get milk from it.
Pot of flour[edit | edit source]
With an empty pot, leave the cow pasture and go south-west to the wheat field. Pick up a grain then enter the Mill Lane Mill to the south-west. Optional: You may talk to Millie Miller inside the mill for an explanation on how to make flour. Climb to the top floor, put the grain in the hopper, pull the lever, then climb back down to the ground floor[UK]1st floor[US]. Use an empty pot on the flour bin full of flour to get a pot of flour.
Delivery[edit | edit source]
After collecting the ingredients, speak to the Cook to deliver them.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 1 Quest point
- 300 Cooking experience
- Permission to use the Cook-o-matic 100, which reduces the chance of burning some foods.
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
The completion of Cook's Assistant is a requirement to complete the following:
- Recipe for Disaster
- Easy Lumbridge & Draynor Diary: Bake some bread on the Lumbridge castle kitchen range.
Transcript[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Cook's Assistant is one of six quests released on the launch day of RuneScape.
- There is an easter egg in the Death to the Dorgeshuun quest — when you introduce Zanik to the Cook, he tries to offer the quest to her. "In fact, it's a good thing I met you. It's the Duke's birthday today, and I should be making him a lovely big birthday cake. I need eggs, flour and milk...", but player then tells the Cook that she does not have time for that, to which he responds, "It was worth a try." This insinuates that the cook tries to trick newcomers into bringing him supplies.
- The Cook at the Servants' Guild of Ardougne references this quest in her dialogue, saying "Overnight I was fired and replaced by some fool who can't even bake a cake without help!"
- During the 20th Anniversary event it was revealed that the Cook has attempted and failed to bake a cake countless times, explaining his recurring need for ingredients from new adventurers.