|Released||17 March 2001 (Update)|
|Examine||Keeps the doctor away.|
|High alch||0 coins|
|Low alch||0 coins|
|Exchange||31 coins (info)|
Cooking apples are primarily used as an ingredient to make apple pies. They can be obtained from the Cooks' Guild, Culinaromancer's Chest, Logava Gricoller's Cooking Supplies, or alternatively, harvested from an apple tree grown from an apple tree seed in a fruit tree patch by a player with a Farming level of 27.
Baskets of apples (which contain 5 apples each) can be used in the Farming skill to pay farmers to watch planted trees. One basket is needed to watch willows and strawberries, while four baskets are needed to watch a banana tree.
Products[edit | edit source]
|Raw summer pie|
|Uncooked apple pie|
Obtaining apples[edit | edit source]
Respawns[edit | edit source]
- 3 barrels - on the Lady Zay, while at the Pirates' Cove (1 barrel is in the hull).
- 5 barrels - on the pirates' ship at Lunar Isle. 1 barrel is on the deck, 4 are in the hull. 2 of the barrels in the hull are inaccessible.
Item sources[edit | edit source]
|Apple tree Grown||27||1||Always|
|Barrel (cooking apples)||N/A||1||Always|
Spawns[edit | edit source]
|East Ardougne - Richard's Farming shop||1||Maplink|
|Cooks' Guild - 1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US]||2||Maplink|
|Cooks' Guild - 2nd floor[UK]3rd floor[US]||1||Maplink|
Shop locations[edit | edit source]
|Culinaromancer's Chest (6 Subquests)||Lumbridge Castle basement||13||1m||1||0|
|Culinaromancer's Chest (1 Subquest)||Lumbridge Castle basement||2||1m||1||0|
|Culinaromancer's Chest (8 Subquests)||Lumbridge Castle basement||18||1m||1||0|
|Culinaromancer's Chest (diary)||Lumbridge Castle basement||50||1m||1||0|
|Culinaromancer's Chest (5 Subquests)||Lumbridge Castle basement||10||1m||1||0|
|Frenita's Cookery Shop.||Yanille||2||2m||1||0|
|Culinaromancer's Chest (0 Subquests)||Lumbridge Castle basement||1||1m||1||0|
|Culinaromancer's Chest (full)||Lumbridge Castle basement||50||1m||1||0|
|Culinaromancer's Chest (7 Subquests)||Lumbridge Castle basement||15||1m||1||0|
|Culinaromancer's Chest (4 Subquests)||Lumbridge Castle basement||5||1m||1||0|
|Culinaromancer's Chest (2 Subquests)||Lumbridge Castle basement||3||1m||1||0|
|Culinaromancer's Chest (3 Subquests)||Lumbridge Castle basement||4||1m||1||0|
|Logava Gricoller's Cooking Supplies||Hosidius||2||2m||1||0|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The apple's examine of "Keeps the doctor away" is the latter half of the proverb, "An apple a day keeps the doctor away." A barrel of apples (non-carryable) completes the proverb with its examine of "An apple a day..."
- There are a lot of apple trees around the The Golden Field tavern in Hosidius, however the player cannot pick any apples from these.
- The apples' bright green colour suggests that they are based on Granny Smith apples 1. In real life, Granny Smiths are used in many cooking recipes, and they are also used to brew alcoholic apple cider 2.
|Fruit tree produce|