|Released||16 October 2014 (Update)|
|A vision of supernatural horror.|
|Max hit||51 (Melee), 65 (Magic)|
|Weakness||(Stab), spears, halberds|
|Attack style||Melee (crush), Magic|
The Corporeal Beast, often simply referred to as Corp, is a large monster residing in its cave, accessible via a games necklace or through an entrance in level 21 Wilderness east of the Graveyard of Shadows. It has a very large health pool of 2,000 Hitpoints, coupled with high Defence and 50% damage reduction against any weapon that's not a spear or halberd. If all players leave the room, it regenerates its health to full.
Habitat[edit | edit source]
The easiest way to get to the Corporeal Beast is to teleport there using a games necklace and selecting the "Corporeal Beast" option. This will take the player to a small safe room with a large doorway to Corporeal Beast.
As of 20 November 2014, players can pay 200,000 coins to host an instance. Players ranked as Captain or above in a clan chat can pay the instance cost for their clan. Once the instance is opened, anyone from the clan chat will be able to enter the instance for no cost. As long as there is one player present in the instance, it will remain open.
Mechanics[edit | edit source]
The beast's health bar is 160 pixels wide instead of the usual 30 pixels. It has a 50% damage reduction against any weapon that's not a spear or halberd. Protect from Magic does not fully block its magic attacks; it only reduces the damage by 33.33%.
It has very high accuracy, damage, and Defence for its levels; it has damage reduction against nearly all sources of damage; and it can summon dark energy cores, which attack players and heal itself. The Corporeal Beast is the only monster to drop the arcane, elysian, and spectral sigils used to create the spirit shields. In addition to its sigil drops, the Corporeal Beast has many other valuable drops.
While fighting the Corporeal Beast, whenever you hit above 32 damage, there is a 1/8 chance that the dark core will spawn. During its regular phase, the Corporeal Beast will focus its attacks on the person who hits above 32 damage.
The dark core will usually follow the player that stands to the most north. If there is no one north, it will focus on the person that stands easternmost of the Corporeal Beast. It is usually advisable for the person who tanks or runs the core to stand north or east of the Corporeal Beast. Players that have experience with the Corporeal Beast typically know that there are specific game tiles that cause the core to prioritise and follow a player.
Drops[edit | edit source]
Unique drops[edit | edit source]
There is a 1 in 585 chance of hitting the sigil drop table.
When players hit the table, there is a 1 in 7 chance of obtaining an elysian sigil, a 3 in 7 chance of a spectral sigil and a 3 in 7 chance of an arcane sigil. Below lists the effective drop rates of the sigils.
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Spectral sigil 1 Very rare (1/1,365) 57,178,981 Arcane sigil 1 Very rare (1/1,365) 119,082,208 Elysian sigil 1 Very rare (1/4,095) 614,124,338
"Uncuts" drop[edit | edit source]
The 'Uncuts' drop is an uncommon drop from the Corporeal Beast; it either contains a cash pile varying from 20,000 to 50,000 coins or a random selection of uncut gems and/or nature talismans, as well as a slim chance of getting items from the Rare drop table. The overall odds of hitting the 'Uncuts Drop' is 1 in 42.66.
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 250–3,000 Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 1 Common 858 Uncut emerald 1 Common 908 Uncut ruby 1 Uncommon 1,495 Uncut diamond 1 Uncommon 2,977 Uncut dragonstone 1 Uncommon 13,801 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 801 Rare drop table 1 Rare Not sold
Although the Corporeal Beast does not have a direct reference to the Rare drop table, there is an incredibly low chance of an additional item from the RDT. This drop can only occur in combination with the "uncuts" drop.
Equipment[edit | edit source]
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Adamant arrow 750 Uncommon 43,500 Runite bolts 250 Uncommon 65,000 Mystic air staff 1 Uncommon 25,134 Mystic water staff 1 Uncommon 25,152 Mystic earth staff 1 Uncommon 25,185 Mystic fire staff 1 Uncommon 25,119 Mystic robe top (blue) 1 Uncommon 71,524 Mystic robe bottom (blue) 1 Uncommon 47,825 Onyx bolts (e) 175 Uncommon (1/25.6) 1,525,825 Cannonball 2,000 Uncommon (1/30) 360,000 Spirit shield 1 Uncommon (1/64) 162,750
Essence and runes[edit | edit source]
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Pure essence 2,500 (noted) Uncommon 10,000 Law rune 250 Uncommon 70,500 Cosmic rune 500 Uncommon 76,500 Death rune 300 Uncommon 75,600 Soul rune 250 Uncommon 36,500
Materials[edit | edit source]
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Adamantite ore 125 (noted) Uncommon 139,000 Runite ore 20 (noted) Uncommon 220,720 Adamantite bar 35 (noted) Uncommon 73,115 Teak plank 100 (noted) Uncommon 91,700 Mahogany logs 150 (noted) Uncommon 53,700 Magic logs 75 (noted) Uncommon 82,500 Green dragonhide 100 (noted) Uncommon 147,300
Other[edit | edit source]
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Watermelon seed 24 Uncommon (1/34.13) 6,432 Raw shark 70 (noted) Uncommon 50,540 White berries 120 (noted) Uncommon 51,720 Desert goat horn 120 (noted) Uncommon 72,000 Tuna potato 30 Uncommon 37,830 Antidote++(4) 40 (noted) Uncommon 16,040 Ranarr seed 10 Rare 520,310 Holy elixir 1 Rare (1/170.66) 1,193,630 Clue scroll (elite) 1 Rare (1/200) Not sold Pet dark core 1 Very rare (1/5,000) Not sold
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- There are many differences between the iteration of this boss in Old School RuneScape and the original in RuneScape 2.
- In RuneScape 2, the Corporeal Beast's lair was much larger, although it only resided in the last room. The entrance to the lair was also 14 levels deeper than the one in-game.
- Furthermore, it could only be fought after completing the quest Summer's End.
- The original Corporeal Beast could also drop a divine sigil, which could be used to create a divine spirit shield. Its effect was a constant 30% damage reduction per attack received, where the damage blocked was instead taken away from prayer points. In the 18 September 2014 poll, it was asked if the divine sigil should be released as a drop from the boss, which gained 66.1% of 'yes' votes - 8.9% short of the threshold required for passing.
- Pets cannot be brought into the Corporeal Beast's lair. Attempting to enter the cave while having one following the player will cause a message to appear in the chatbox, stating Your follower hides in fear and refuses to enter the cave. If the player attempts to drop their pet while inside, the chatbox will instead state Your follower hides in fear and won't come out.
- The Corporeal Beast obtained a new instance on 29 March 2018 to prevent low-levelled ironmen and normal players from "griefing" other ironmen killing the Corporeal Beast as each kill takes several minutes, and to prevent ironmen from using additional normal accounts using stat-reducing special attacks on it.
References[edit | edit source]
- Mod John C. "Spoilers Drop Rates V2." 16 Oct 2014. Old School RuneScape Forums.
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 22 November 2018. Mod Ash: "There's a 1/5k roll for a pet in there too. 3/512 for elixir, 8/512 spirit shield, 12/512 gems, 20/512 onyx bolts, 15/512 watermelon seeds."
|Preceded by||Title||Succeeded by|
|TzTok-Jad||Strongest monster in RuneScape||Great Olm|