|Released||16 October 2014 (Update)|
|Examine||A vision of supernatural horror.|
|Max hit||33 (Melee)|
|Attack style||Crush, Magic|
|Immune to poison||Immune to venom|
The Corporeal Beast, often referred to simply as Corp, is a large monster residing in its cave, accessible via a games necklace or through an entrance in level 21 Wilderness east of the Graveyard of Shadows. It has a very large health pool of 2,000 Hitpoints, coupled with high Defence and 50% damage reduction against most weapons; only spears and halberds (on stab attack style) and magic deal full damage. If all players leave the room, it regenerates its health to full.
The Corporeal Beast is the only monster to drop the spirit shield, as well as the holy elixir and arcane, elysian, and spectral sigils, used to enhance it. In addition to its sigil drops, the Corporeal Beast has many other valuable drops.
Players can pay 200,000 coins to open a group instance for their clan.
Location[edit | edit source]
|Corporeal Beast's lair (east of the Graveyard of Shadows or Games Necklace teleport)||785||1||Maplink||Wilderness✓|
|Corporeal Beast's lair (Ironman only)||785||1||Maplink||Wilderness✓|
Fight overview[edit | edit source]
The lair of the Corporeal Beast is located in level 21 Wilderness, although players can teleport directly there using a games necklace. This will take the player to a small safe room with a large doorway to Corporeal Beast.
Ironmen with a combat level of 90 or higher have a separated Corporeal Beast room. All other accounts use the normal room. This is to reduce griefing and ironmen using normal accounts to use stat-reducing special attacks.
The Corporeal Beast has a 50% damage reduction against any weapon that is not a spear or halberd on stab attack style. Although magic also deals full damage, it is highly inaccurate against the beast. Protect from Magic does not fully block its magic attacks; it only reduces the damage by 33.33%. The Corporeal Beast has very high accuracy, damage, and Defence.
While fighting the Corporeal Beast, there is a chance that the dark energy core will spawn. This creature leeches Hitpoints from any players adjacent to it to heal the Corporeal Beast, and jumps to players if none are adjacent.
Drops[edit | edit source]
Drop rates estimated based on 434,422 kills from the Drop Rate Project, unless otherwise cited.
The average Corporeal Beast kill, including its unique drops, is estimated to be worth around 519,913. Without the sigils, this value is estimated to be 122,843.
Sigils[edit | edit source]
There is a 1/585 chance of hitting the sigil drop table. When players hit the table, there is a 1/7 chance of obtaining an elysian sigil, a 3/7 chance of a spectral sigil and a 3/7 chance of an arcane sigil. Below lists the effective drop rates of the sigils.
Weapons and armour[edit | edit source]
|Mystic robe top||1||18/512||71,836||72,000|
|Mystic robe bottom||1||18/512||47,644||48,000|
|Mystic air staff||1||12/512||25,269||25,500|
|Mystic water staff||1||12/512||25,112||25,500|
|Mystic earth staff||1||12/512||25,137||25,500|
|Mystic fire staff||1||12/512||25,338||25,500|
Runes and ammunition[edit | edit source]
|Onyx bolts (e)||175||20/512||1,512,000||1,575,000|
Resources[edit | edit source]
|Raw shark||70 (noted)||21/512||38,430||7,140|
|Pure essence||2,500 (noted)||21/512||5,000||5,000|
|Adamantite bar||35 (noted)||18/512||66,115||13,440|
|Green dragonhide||100 (noted)||18/512||144,700||8,100|
|Adamantite ore||125 (noted)||17/512||115,250||30,000|
|Runite ore||20 (noted)||12/512||222,300||38,400|
|Teak plank||100 (noted)||12/512||83,400||30,000|
|Mahogany logs||150 (noted)||12/512||67,500||4,500|
|Magic logs||75 (noted)||12/512||76,725||14,400|
Other[edit | edit source]
|White berries||120 (noted)||17/512||39,840||720|
|Desert goat horn||120 (noted)||17/512||6,240||840|
Gem drop table[edit | edit source]
|Nothing||N/A||10 × 1/85.49; Never[d 1]||N/A||N/A|
|Uncut sapphire||1||10 × 1/170.67; 1/86.67[d 2]||429||15|
|Uncut emerald||1||10 × 1/341.33; 1/173.33[d 2]||672||30|
|Uncut ruby||1||10 × 1/682.67; 1/346.67[d 2]||1,225||60|
|Nature talisman||1||10 × 1/1,820.44; 1/924.44[d 2]||791||2|
|Uncut diamond||1||10 × 1/2,730.67; 1/1,386.67[d 2]||2,713||120|
|Loop half of key||1||10 × 1/5,461.33; 1/2,773.33[d 2]||10,398||60|
|Tooth half of key||1||10 × 1/5,461.33; 1/2,773.33[d 2]||10,604||60|
|Rune javelin||5||10 × 1/5,461.33; 1/2,773.33[d 2]||845||1,200|
|Rune spear||1||10 × 1/87,381.33; 1/5,200[d 2][d 3]||11,933||12,480|
|Shield left half||1||10 × 1/174,762.67; 1/10,400[d 2][d 3]||65,347||66,000|
|Dragon spear||1||10 × 1/233,016.89; 1/13,866.67[d 2][d 3]||36,702||37,440|
Tertiary[edit | edit source]
|Clue scroll (elite)||1||1/200||Not sold||12|
|Pet dark core||1||1/5,000||Not sold||N/A|
Changes[edit | edit source]
|29 March 2018
Ironmen with a combat level of 90 or higher now have their separate Corporeal Beast room to reduce griefing and using other accounts to aid in killing it.
|16 February 2017
(update | poll)
The entrance room before the boss lair was made considerably smaller to reduce the chance of a loading screen taking place when running to the boss.
|8 October 2015
The combat level requirement of 90 to enter the lair was removed.
|25 June 2015
(update | poll)
Added a 'peek' option to the entrance of this boss.
|20 November 2014
(update | poll)
Players can now pay 200,000 coins to open an instance for their clan.
|17 October 2014
Upon dying in the cave your loot (including untradeables) will not appear to anyone else. Loot will appear to the player for two minutes. This was later made consistent with death mechanics elsewhere in the game. Additionally, a level 90 combat requirement was added to go through the passage to fight the Corporeal Beast.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- There are many differences between the iteration of this boss in Old School RuneScape and the original in RuneScape.
- In RuneScape, the Corporeal Beast's lair was much larger, although it only resided in the last room. The entrance to the lair was also 14 Wilderness levels deeper than the one in-game.
- It could only be fought after completing the quest Summer's End.
- The original Corporeal Beast could drop a divine sigil, which could be used to create a divine spirit shield. Its effect was a constant 30% damage reduction per attack received, with 50% of that blocked damage instead drained from prayer points. The divine sigil's addition to Old School RuneScape has been polled twice, on 18 September 2014 and 15 February 2019, failing to reach the 75% threshold of passing at 66.1% and 72.8% respectively.
- The original Corporeal Beast could drop the regen bracelet.
- The original Corporeal Beast was fought slightly differently by players. It boasted a higher maximum hit with melee of 51 instead of 33, as well as being vulnerable to poison. However, it would very quickly remove its poison unlike other monsters vulnerable to poison.
- Though not explained in Old School RuneScape, the boss's name originates from the Summer's End quest in RuneScape: as the Spirit Beast was defeated in the Spirit Realm, a mirrored version of Gielinor where everything is opposite to the physical world and vice versa, the Corporeal Beast was incarnated in the physical world to replace the Spirit Beast in the spiritual world.
- Pets cannot be brought into the Corporeal Beast's lair. Attempting to enter the cave while having one following the player will cause a message to appear in the chatbox, stating Your follower hides in fear and refuses to enter the cave. If the player attempts to drop their pet while inside, the chatbox will instead state Your follower hides in fear and won't come out.
|TzTok-Jad||Strongest monster in RuneScape||Great Olm|
References[edit | edit source]
- Mod John C. "Spoilers Drop Rates V2." 16 Oct 2014. Old School RuneScape Forums.
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 22 November 2018. (Archived from the original on 26 May 2020.) Mod Ash: "There's a 1/5k roll for a pet in there too. 3/512 for elixir, 8/512 spirit shield, 12/512 gems, 20/512 onyx bolts, 15/512 watermelon seeds."
- Jagex. Mod Tide's Twitter account. 24 May 2019. (Archived from the original on 24 May 2019.) Mod Tide: "I know its been a while since the clue expansion but here is the information on clue scroll drop rates and loot chances! If anything changes I will keep you posted."