|Released||16 October 2014 (Update)|
|Examine||A vision of supernatural horror.|
|Max hit||51 (Melee), 65 (Magic)|
|Weakness||(Stab), spears, halberds|
|Attack style||Crush, Magic|
The Corporeal Beast, often simply referred to as Corp, is a large monster residing in its cave, accessible via a games necklace or through an entrance in level 21 Wilderness east of the Graveyard of Shadows. It has a very large health pool of 2,000 Hitpoints, coupled with high Defence and 50% damage reduction against any weapon that's not a spear or halberd. If all players leave the room, it regenerates its health to full.
Habitat[edit | edit source]
The easiest way to get to the Corporeal Beast is to teleport there using a games necklace and selecting the "Corporeal Beast" option. This will take the player to a small safe room with a large doorway to Corporeal Beast.
Players can pay 200,000 coins to host an instance. Players ranked as Captain or above in a clan chat can pay the instance cost for their clan. Once the instance is opened, anyone from the clan chat will be able to enter the instance for no cost. As long as there is one player present in the instance, it will remain open.
Note: Ironmen with a combat level of 90 or higher have a separated Corporeal Beast room. All other accounts use the normal room. This is to reduce griefing and ironmen using normal accounts to use stat-reducing special attacks.
Mechanics[edit | edit source]
The beast's health bar is 160 pixels wide, instead of the usual 30 pixels. It has a 50% damage reduction against any weapon that's not a spear or halberd. Protect from Magic does not fully block its magic attacks; it only reduces the damage by 33.33%.
The Corporeal Beast is the only monster to drop the arcane, elysian, and spectral sigils, used to create the spirit shields. In addition to its sigil drops, the Corporeal Beast has many other valuable drops.
It has very high accuracy, damage, and Defence for its level. On top of that, it has damage reduction against nearly all sources of damage.
While fighting the Corporeal Beast, whenever you hit above 32 damage, there is a 1/8 chance that the dark energy core will spawn. This creature leeches hitpoints from any players adjacent to it, to heal the Corporeal Beast, and jumps to players if none are adjacent.
During its regular phase, the Corporeal Beast will usually prioritise its attacks on the person who hits above 32 damage.
The dark core will usually follow the player that stands northernmost. If no players are on the northern side, it will focus on the person that stands on the eastern side of the Corporeal Beast. It is usually advisable for the person who tanks or runs the core to stand north or east of the Corporeal Beast. Players that have experience with the Corporeal Beast typically know that there are specific game tiles that cause the core to prioritise and follow a player.
The beast's drained stats will regenerate once every 20 ticks or 5 for every minute; regardless of if it is in combat or not.
Drops[edit | edit source]
Unique drops[edit | edit source]
There is a 1 in 585 chance of hitting the sigil drop table.
When players hit the table, there is a 1 in 7 chance of obtaining an elysian sigil, a 3 in 7 chance of a spectral sigil and a 3 in 7 chance of an arcane sigil. Below lists the effective drop rates of the sigils.
"Uncuts" drop[edit | edit source]
The 'Uncuts' drop is an uncommon drop from the Corporeal Beast. It consists of 10 separate rolls on the Gem Drop Table. The overall odds of hitting the 'Uncuts Drop' is 1 in 42.66.
This monster rolls the gem drop table.
|Uncut sapphire||1||Rare[d 1]||475||15|
|Uncut emerald||1||Rare[d 1]||675||30|
|Uncut ruby||1||Very rare[d 1]||1,284||60|
|Nature talisman||1||Very rare[d 1]||1,013||2|
|Uncut diamond||1||Very rare[d 1]||2,690||120|
|Loop half of key||1||Very rare[d 1]||9,636||60|
|Tooth half of key||1||Very rare[d 1]||9,398||60|
|Rune javelin||5||Very rare[d 1]||855||1,200|
|Rune spear||1||Very rare[d 1][d 2]||11,845||12,480|
|Shield left half||1||Very rare[d 1][d 2]||65,323||66,000|
|Dragon spear||1||Very rare[d 1][d 2]||37,817||37,440|
Weapons and armour[edit | edit source]
|Mystic air staff||1||Uncommon||24,996||25,500|
|Mystic water staff||1||Uncommon||25,166||25,500|
|Mystic earth staff||1||Uncommon||25,133||25,500|
|Mystic fire staff||1||Uncommon||25,133||25,500|
|Mystic robe top||1||Uncommon||71,509||72,000|
|Mystic robe bottom||1||Uncommon||48,168||48,000|
Runes and ammunition[edit | edit source]
|Onyx bolts (e)||175||20/512||1,498,875||1,575,000|
Resources[edit | edit source]
|Adamantite ore||125 (noted)||Uncommon||130,250||30,000|
|Runite ore||20 (noted)||Uncommon||219,960||38,400|
|Adamantite bar||35 (noted)||Uncommon||67,620||13,440|
|Teak plank||100 (noted)||Uncommon||84,600||30,000|
|Mahogany logs||150 (noted)||Uncommon||49,950||4,500|
|Magic logs||75 (noted)||Uncommon||73,200||14,400|
|Green dragonhide||100 (noted)||Uncommon||150,800||8,100|
|Raw shark||70 (noted)||Uncommon||61,950||7,140|
|Pure essence||2,500 (noted)||Uncommon||5,000||5,000|
Other[edit | edit source]
|White berries||120 (noted)||Uncommon||38,520||720|
|Desert goat horn||120 (noted)||Uncommon||31,680||840|
Tertiary[edit | edit source]
|Clue scroll (elite)||1||1/200||Not sold||12|
|Pet dark core||1||1/5,000||Not sold||N/A|
Changes[edit | edit source]
|29 March 2018
|Ironmen with a combat level of 90 or higher now have their separate Corporeal Beast room to reduce griefing and using other accounts to aid in killing it.|
|16 February 2017
(update | poll)
|The entrance room before the boss lair was made considerably smaller to reduce the chance of a loading screen taking place when running to the boss.|
|20 November 2014
(update | poll)
|Players can now pay 200,000 coins to open an instance for their clan.|
|17 October 2014
|Upon dying in the cave your loot (including untradables) will not appear to anyone else. Loot will appear to the player for two minutes. This was later made consistent with death mechanics elsewhere in the game.
Additionally, a level 90 combat requirement was added to go through the passage to fight the Corporeal Beast
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- There are many differences between the iteration of this boss in Old School RuneScape and the original in RuneScape 2.
- In RuneScape 2, the Corporeal Beast's lair was much larger, although it only resided in the last room. The entrance to the lair was also 14 Wilderness levels deeper than the one in-game.
- It could only be fought after completing the quest Summer's End.
- The original Corporeal Beast could drop a divine sigil, which could be used to create a divine spirit shield. Its effect was a constant 30% damage reduction per attack received, where the damage blocked was instead taken away from prayer points. The divine sigil's addition to Old School RuneScape has been polled twice, on 18 September 2014 and 15 February 2019, failing to reach the 75% threshold of passing at 66.1% and 72.8% respectively.
- The original Corporeal Beast could drop the regen bracelet.
- Pets cannot be brought into the Corporeal Beast's lair. Attempting to enter the cave while having one following the player will cause a message to appear in the chatbox, stating Your follower hides in fear and refuses to enter the cave. If the player attempts to drop their pet while inside, the chatbox will instead state Your follower hides in fear and won't come out.
|TzTok-Jad||Strongest monster in RuneScape||Great Olm|
References[edit | edit source]
- Mod John C. "Spoilers Drop Rates V2." 16 Oct 2014. Old School RuneScape Forums.
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 22 November 2018. Mod Ash: "There's a 1/5k roll for a pet in there too. 3/512 for elixir, 8/512 spirit shield, 12/512 gems, 20/512 onyx bolts, 15/512 watermelon seeds."
- Jagex. Mod Tide's Twitter account. 24 May 2019. (Archived from the original on 24 May 2019.) Mod Tide: "I know its been a while since the clue expansion but here is the information on clue scroll drop rates and loot chances! If anything changes I will keep you posted."