|Released||25 July 2019 (Update)|
|Examine||A deadly predator formed from crystal.|
|Attack style||Magic, Ranged|
Mechanics[edit | edit source]
Both the Crystalline and Corrupted Hunllef use the same mechanics.
Attacks[edit | edit source]
- Standard attacks: The Hunllef uses two main standard attacks, a range crystal-like attack and a magic based orb attack.
- Stomp attack: If a player is underneath the Hunllef when it tries to attack the player, the Hunllef will perform a stomp attack which deals very high damage, similar to the stomp attack used by the Corporeal Beast.
- Prayer Disabling Attack: When the Hunllef is attacking using magic-based attacks, it has a chance to use an attack which turns off prayers. These attacks use a different game sound, hence it is recommended to use sounds during the fight.
- Tornadoes: The Hunllef summons multiple tornados that chase the player and deal high damage if they reach the players location, these tornadoes disappear after a brief period. The amount of tornados summoned increases as the Hunllef takes damage.
The Hunllef will alternate between mage and ranged standard attacks after any combination of 4 standard, prayer-disabling, or tornado attacks.
Damaging floor[edit | edit source]
During the fight, the floor will light up in various places. Tiles are initially highlighted in crimson and soon turn orange. If the player stands on an orange tile they will continue to take high damage until they step off of the highlighted tiles.
As the fight progresses, the tile patterns become more challenging, and the tiles change from crimson to orange more quickly. There are three sets of floor patterns and corresponding speeds, and which set is used is dependent upon the Hunllef's health. From 1000 to 667 health, the patterns will be from the first set and change at a slow speed, from 666 to 334 health the patterns will come from the second set and change at a medium speed, and while the Hunllef has 333 health or below the final set of floor patterns is used and the tiles change rapidly.
Attack style cycle[edit | edit source]
The Hunllef changes its prayer and attack styles on predictable cycles. Every fourth attack performed by the Hunllef (excluding the stomp attack) will cause the Hunllef to change its standard attack style; it will perform an animation before switching attack styles.
Protection prayer cycle[edit | edit source]
Every sixth off-prayer attack that the player performs on the Hunllef will trigger a protection prayer change. The Hunllef will use the protection prayer used on the sixth off-prayer hit. Players can use this cycle to ensure the Hunleff never prays against their strongest attack style.
Protection against his attacks[edit | edit source]
Players can use their protection prayers to reduce the damage from the Corrupted Hunllef's standard attacks. Wearing pieces of the crystal armour will further reduce the incoming damage.
|Armour combination||Corrupted Hunllef's max hit [A 1]||Damage from tornadoes|
|Full T1 armour||13||15-25|
|Full T2 armour||10||10-20|
|Full T3 armour||8||8-15|
- While using the correct protection prayer against its ranged and magic attacks.
Changes[edit | edit source]
|2 July 2020
(update | poll)
The Corrupted Hunllef will now play an animation and sound effect right before it changes its attack style.
|1 August 2019
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- 'Hunllef' is Welsh for 'nightmare'. It may also be based on the RuneScape 3 boss Helwyr, who is an elf who defeated a Hunllef and took on its form.