|Released||28 January 2001 (Update)|
|Examine||Stop looking and run!|
|Attribute||Vampyre (tier 1)|
|Not immune to poison||Not immune to venom|
Killing Count Draynor does count towards vampyre slayer tasks.
History[edit | edit source]
Originally raised alongside his siblings on the vampyre homeworld of Vampyrium, much of Draynor's history remains unknown. According to Vanescula, he liked to give himself various titles, but was considered to be cowardly by his siblings. He was eventually exiled from Morytania by Lowerniel and ended up west of the River Salve with his servant Ruantun, which caused them to be significantly weakened.
He is responsible for many deaths of avid adventurers and innocents who have fallen prey to his sharp fangs. Count Draynor is the target in the Vampyre Slayer quest which requires the player to kill him to save the people of Draynor Village, who have been terrorised by Count Draynor for centuries.
Fighting[edit | edit source]
The health recovery rate of Count Draynor is very high - about six times the rate of ordinary monsters. Due to his health regeneration, he provides greatly reduced Combat experience when fighting him. Garlic does not affect this health regen speed; rather when the Count is at full health it deals 10 damage, reduces his attack and strength by 10 levels, and reduces his defence by 40 levels. The garlic effect happens specifically on auto-attack delay, so it will always happen when using melee combat but if using magic you must autocast spells with a staff to trigger the garlic effect and only manually casting spells will never trigger the garlic.
Count Draynor can be harmed with ordinary weapons, but cannot be killed by them. Once his health is low enough, players must drive a stake through his heart using a hammer in order to deal the final blow. If a player does not use the hammer and stake, he will heal to full health when his health points are low. Having decent food will help for very low level players.
However, due to Count Draynor's low magic defence, low class combat spells like Earth Strike and Fire Strike can also severely damage him, and may be a viable option. If players decide to kill him with magic, many armours add negative stats to Magic accuracy, so players should be advised to not wear them until they come in to use the stake for the kill. With full magic gear, a level 9 mage can kill him by bringing about 10 pieces of tuna, depending on luck.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Count Draynor character is loosely based on Count Dracula from the 1897 horror novel of the same name.
- He is one of only two Vampyres to appear in free-to-play worlds. The other is Count Check.
- His monocle might be a reference to The Count from the children's television series Sesame Street.
- Despite being a Vampyre, he lacks many immunities and has strange weaknesses that no other Vampyre has. This may be due to the fact that the Vampyre Slayer quest originated in RuneScape Classic, long before Morytania was introduced.
References[edit | edit source]
- Malak, "Desert Treasure", Old School RuneScape. "[I am here only to serve the mighty Drakan. Yup, Drakan, he's the man.] I see. I would perhaps be more inclined to believe you if I could not smell the death blood of his brother Draynor upon you."
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 26 January 2020. (Archived from the original on 3 August 2020.)