|Released||4 January 2001 (Update)|
|Examine||• Converts grass to beef.|
• Where beef comes from.
|Immune to poison||Immune to venom|
Cows are common low level monsters new players train on. They are one of the first NPCs new players see in Lumbridge. Cows can help new players earn money, Cooking experience, and combat experience. The cowhides that they drop can be tanned to make leather or hard leather, or they can be sold for coins to players wanting to raise their Crafting level. While most locations containing cows are crowded, there are some spots usually vacant, like the spot north of the windmill north-west of Lumbridge. Along with cows, you can also find cow calves and dairy cows.
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Lumbridge (northeast of Fred the Farmer's farm and southwest of Al Kharid mine)
- Crafting Guild
- Farm south of Falador
- North of the windmill north-west of Lumbridge
- North of Hosidius town. This is a Multicombat area, allowing for somewhat faster killing of cows.
- The two farms south of the Farming Guild. There are two cows at each farm.
- Sinclair Mansion
- Outside Nightmare Zone
Drops[edit | edit source]
The following drop rates are provided by Jagex, unless otherwise specified.
100%[edit | edit source]
Tertiary[edit | edit source]
|Clue scroll (beginner)||1||1/128||Not sold||12|
Twisted League tertiary[edit | edit source]
The drops below are only available during the Twisted League.
|Brimstone key||1||1/2,020.8[d 1]||Not sold||N/A|
Changes[edit | edit source]
|22 November 2018
|Cowhides will now appear at the top of the drop pile when killing cows.|
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Transcript[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Cows, while generally weak, are immune to poison and venom. This is reportedly due to a conflict with their 'Moo' timing interrupting poison and venom's timers.
- There is a very small chance for a cow to appear inside Nightmare Zone. According to Mod Mat K (confirming player speculation), this is an easter egg referring to the cow in the area to start a dream, which couldn't be moved when the minigame was developed due to the lack of a map editor.
- Using an item on a Cow prompts the message "The cow doesn't want that." as opposed to the usual "Nothing interesting happens."
References[edit | edit source]
- Mod Mat K. "Legitimately unsure how the Cow got into NMZ?." 13 May 2015. Reddit Forums.