Cow (Nightmare Zone)
|Released||5 September 2013 (Update)|
|Examine||How did this get in here?|
|Slayer XP||8 xp|
The cow is a Nightmare Zone "boss" which can randomly appear in practice mode, regardless of difficulty, sharing its normal combat stats with a regular cow. There is a 1% chance of spawning a lobby cow instead of the boss selected by the player upon entering a practice mode dream. Unlike other bosses, it is not associated with a particular quest, and does not have any special mechanics which can endanger the player.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- According to Mod Mat K (confirming player speculation), the cow appearing inside Nightmare Zone is an easter egg referring to the cow in the area to start a dream, which couldn't be moved when the minigame was developed due to the lack of a map editor.
- Both variants of Nightmare Zone cows had a festive override wearing a santa hat and clown nose during the 2016 Christmas event.
References[edit | edit source]
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 17 November 2017. Archived from the original on 30 January 2022. Mod Ash: "In Nightmare Zone practice mode you've got a chance of having a cow dream unexpectedly."
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 31 January 2022. Archived from the original on 12 December 2022. Mod Ash: "[@JagexAsh what are the odds of having a cow spawn in the nightmare zone, instead of the boss you selected?] 1%. Hail the Lobby Cow."
- Mod Mat K. "Legitimately unsure how the Cow got into NMZ?." 13 May 2015. Reddit Forums.