|Released||17 March 2021 (Update)|
|Location||See Shooting Stars|
|Examine||This big rock has fallen from the sky.|
Crashed stars are rocks that play a central role in the Shooting Stars Distraction and Diversion. They can be mined to obtain stardust, which can be traded for rewards at Dusuri's Star Shop. The stars can be mined on free-to-play worlds as well but only grant half the experience given on Members' worlds. Crashed stars degrade a tier after having all of their stardust mined. When a size-1 star has all of its stardust depleted, the crashed star disappears completely.
The first player to start mining a crashed star will be listed on the notice board in the Observatory on that world. Players can also see the number of stars they were the first to discover on the notice board.
The Varrock armour's double ore effect does not work on crashed stars to get double stardust.
Mining info[edit | edit source]
Experience and requirements are given for each of the different star sizes.
|Mining XP||12 xp|
Different sizes of stars have different mining level requirements, give different amounts of experience, and can be mined for different amounts of stardust.
|Size||Level||Crash chance||Stardust available||Additional dust chance||XP per dust||Total XP||Cumulative XP||Min. layer duration||Min. total duration|
|9||90||3%||15||90%||244||3660||78110||3 seconds||9.76 minutes|
|8||80||5%||40||72%||162||6480||74450||8 seconds||9.71 minutes|
|7||70||9%||40||56%||123||4920||67970||8 seconds||9.58 minutes|
|6||60||12%||80||42%||74||5920||63050||16 seconds||9.44 minutes|
|5||50||17%||175||30%||48||8400||57130||35 seconds||9.18 minutes|
|4||40||20%||250||20%||31||7750||48730||50 seconds||8.59 minutes|
|3||30||18%||430||12%||26||11180||40980||1.43 minutes||7.66 minutes|
|2||20||16%||700||6%||22||15400||29800||2.33 minutes||6.33 minutes|
|1||10||0%||1,200||2%||12||14400||14400||4 minutes||4 minutes|
At max size, a star has a minimum of 2930 Stardust and offers 78110 experience.
Pre roll drops[edit | edit source]
A gem table has a 1/256 chance to roll instead of the main drop table. If the player is wearing a charged amulet of glory, amulet of glory (t), or amulet of eternal glory, the probability increases to 1/86. If the table successfully rolls, the player may receive an uncut gem or nothing, meaning players can receive no items from a rock even if they were guaranteed to receive an ore in the main drop table. This neither depletes the rock nor grants mining experience.
|Nothing||N/A||70/32,768; 70/11,008[d 1]||N/A||N/A|
|Uncut sapphire||1||32/32,768; 32/11,008[d 1]||308||15|
|Uncut emerald||1||16/32,768; 16/11,008[d 1]||497||30|
|Uncut ruby||1||8/32,768; 8/11,008[d 1]||1,033||60|
|Uncut diamond||1||2/32,768; 2/11,008[d 1]||2,402||120|
Main drops[edit | edit source]
Conditional drops[edit | edit source]
The following table shows items which can additionally be received upon a successful resource roll. Also, the rock will deplete upon a successful resource roll.
|Clue geode (beginner)||1||Rare||Not sold||N/A|
|Clue geode (easy)||1||Rare||Not sold||N/A|
|Clue geode (medium)||1||Rare||Not sold||N/A|
|Clue geode (hard)||1||Rare||Not sold||N/A|
|Clue geode (elite)||1||Rare||Not sold||N/A|
|Crystal shard||1||1/127[d 1]||Not sold||N/A|
|Rock golem||1||Very rare||Not sold||N/A|
- ^ Only from crashed stars inside the grounds of Prifddinas
Changes[edit | edit source]
|10 November 2021
Shooting Stars now have a chance to land in Darkmeyer, as previously intended.
|30 June 2021
(update | poll)
Experience from mining crashed stars have been increased per stardust mined.
|24 March 2021
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 21 May 2021. Archived from the original on 21 May 2021. Mod Ash: "[What are the probabilities for star spawning any given size?] Looks to me like it'd be: 16% - 2 18% - 3 20% - 4 17% - 5 12% - 6 9% - 7 5% - 8 3% - 9"
- ^ Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 11 February 2020. Archived from the original on 27 November 2020. Mod Ash: "It adds a gem roll before each ore roll, and if you receive a gem you don't get the ore roll."
- ^ Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 22 May 2019. Archived from the original on 1 August 2022. Mod Ash: "All charged amulets of glory, including the eternal one, have the same benefit for getting gems."
- ^ Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 7 February 2017. Archived from the original on 18 June 2019. Mod Ash: "[the actual increase when wearing the Amulet of Glory while mining is] 1/86 rather than 1/256 for a gem."
- ^ Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 6 July 2020. Archived from the original on 27 November 2020. Mod Ash: "Yes, [the mining gem table has] got [...] chance of giving no gem."
|Dusuri's Star Shop|
|Mining rocks and sources|