|Released||13 March 2014 (Update)|
|When academics go bad...|
|Max hit||15 (standard), 24 (special)|
|Attack style||Ranged, Melee|
|+250||+25||+0||+0%||Not immune||Not immune|
Bellock, the crazed archaeologist is an insane individual and demi-boss who resides in the ruins south of The Forgotten Cemetery. He uses Ranged and Melee attacks and can perform a special attack where he throws explosive books that explode in a 3x3 area.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
It is recommended to use Magic armour with the Trident of the seas while praying range and avoiding his special attack of explosive books as soon as he says, "Rain of knowledge!" The best way to avoid it is by keeping a considerable distance, and running towards him until you are two squares away from it (this way, you will avoid Melee damage), and repeating the same steps over and over, you will minimise the chance of receiving damage.
The fastest way to get there is by using the spell Dareeyak Teleport from the Ancient Magicks spellbook with 78 Magic or a Dareeyak teleport tablet. Alternatively a burning amulet can be used to teleport to bandit camp and run to the ruins.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
One quote is said every time Bellock attacks the player.
- "I'm Bellock - respect me!"
- "Get off my site!"
- "No-one messes with Bellock's dig!"
- "These ruins are mine!"
- "Taste my knowledge!"
- "You belong in a museum!"
- "Rain of knowledge!" - when using special attack
- "Ow!" - upon death
Drops[edit | edit source]
100% Drops[edit | edit source]
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Bones 1 Always 72
Weapons/Armour[edit | edit source]
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Amulet of power 1 Common 2,196 Red d'hide body 1 Uncommon 6,299 Rune knife 10 Uncommon 3,750 Rune crossbow 2 Uncommon (5/128) 19,528
Runes/Ammunition[edit | edit source]
Herbs[edit | edit source]
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Grimy dwarf weed 4 (noted) Common 3,064
Food/Potions[edit | edit source]
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Shark 1 Common 856 Anchovy pizza 8 (noted) Common 4,880 Potato with cheese 3 Common 1,371 Prayer potion(4) 1 Common 10,483
Other[edit | edit source]
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 522–4,000 Common Not sold Silver ore 40 (noted) Common 3,160 Rusty sword 1 Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 4 (noted) Common [A 1] 3,432 Uncut emerald 6 (noted) Common [A 1] 5,448 Cannonball 150 Uncommon 27,000 Muddy key 1 Uncommon 3,529 Red dragonhide 10 (noted) Uncommon 24,780 White berries 10 (noted) Uncommon 4,310 Onyx bolt tips 12 Uncommon 101,520 Looting bag 1 Uncommon (1/30) Not sold Slayer's enchantment 1 Uncommon (1/30)[A 2] 1,191 Mysterious emblem 1 Uncommon (1/42.5)[A 3] 137,600 Long bone 1 Rare Not sold Clue scroll (hard) 1 Rare (1/128)[A 4] Not sold Fedora 1 Rare (1/128) 6,834 Odium shard 2 1 Rare (1/256)[A 5] 1,565,656 Malediction shard 2 1 Rare (1/256)[A 5] 739,503
- Uncut sapphire drops with uncut emeralds
- Only dropped while on a slayer assignment given by Krystilia.
- Only dropped while on a slayer assignment given by Krystilia, unless the kill was done on the official Bounty Hunter world. Killing the Crazy archaeologist on the Bounty Hunter also increases the drop rate from 1/42.5 to 1/5.
- 1/64 if a Ring of wealth (i) is worn.
- The drop rate is 1/256 for a specific shard, or 1/128 for any shard.
Rare drop table
In addition to the drops above, this monster has access to the standard rare drop table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 3,000 Rare Not sold Loop half of key 1 Rare 8,589 Tooth half of key 1 Rare 13,381 Uncut sapphire 1 Rare 858 Runite bar 1 Rare 12,436 Nature talisman 1 Very rare 801 Nature rune 67 Very rare 16,951 Rune 2h sword 1 Very rare 37,961 Rune battleaxe 1 Very rare 24,574 Uncut emerald 1 Very rare 908 Law rune 45 Very rare 12,690 Death rune 45 Very rare 11,340 Steel arrow 150 Very rare 4,950 Rune arrow 42 Very rare 2,646 Adamant javelin 20 Very rare 820 Rune sq shield 1 Very rare 22,662 Dragonstone 1 Very rare 12,072 Silver ore 100 (noted) Very rare 7,900 Uncut ruby 1 Very rare 1,495 Rune kiteshield 1 Very rare 32,206 Dragon med helm 1 Very rare 59,119 Rune spear 1 Very rare 12,094 Shield left half 1 Very rare 65,497 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 37,409 Uncut diamond 1 Very rare 2,977 Rune javelin 5 Very rare 755
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The name "Bellock" is a reference to Belloq from Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark.
- The phrase "You belong in a museum!" is another reference to Indiana Jones.
- The crazy archaeologist is the only Wilderness boss which does not drop a pet.
References[edit | edit source]
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. August 25 2015. Mod Ash: "NPCs' magic defence is calculated off their Magic level, not their Defence level, and his is negligible."
Wilderness bosses and rewards