Crocodiles are found in the Kharidian Desert south of Pollnivneach on either side of the River Elid. They are often assigned as Slayer tasks by Vannaka. Bring waterskins to avoid dying of thirst.
A great place to fight crocodiles is on the south side of the river, directly south of the small island where the crocodiles spawn. Because crocodiles are aggressive from a few squares away, this place attracts crocodiles from in the water where they cannot usually be reached, and is much less click intensive. There is a safespot for crocodiles directly west of the Magic carpet at Nardah, on a cactus near the river northwest of the crack in the desert. There are two crocodile spawns that can be safespotted, which makes the task considerably easier.
Another place to fight crocodiles (if Icthlarin's Little Helper has been completed) is just north of Sophanem, by the river just outside the gate. There is an altar for prayer, and a sink just south of that inside of the city, allowing for prolonged trips.
Safespotting crocodiles west of Nardah
- If players have completed Spirits of the Elid, they can use the shrine in Nardah to recharge their Prayer points, run energy, and Hitpoints. There is also a fountain to fill waterskins with.
- Although Vannaka suggests using a stab weapon for melee, crocodiles lack defence in all 3 melee attack styles; making any melee weapon sufficient.
- Bring a ranged weapon to range the crocodiles from across the river, as they can swim in the water.
- Magic attacks work well, with the crocodiles taking damage with nearly every hit. They are weak to wind spells.
- Waterskins are highly recommended when fighting in the desert. Desert clothing is as well, but it has low defences so some players instead wear good armour and bring more waterskins. Other players wear desert clothing and use a protection Protect from Melee to avoid some damage, and recharge their Prayer points at the altars in Nardah or Sophanem.
- Players wishing to buy food can take a small amount of coins to buy kebabs from Ali the Kebab seller (they cost 3 coins each) or jugs of wine from Ali The barman in Pollnivneach. Players may also sell noted food to the general store and buy it back in item form, usually only losing a few coins per item, or exchange noted food with the Banknote Exchange Merchant.
- Food can sometimes be obtained by searching banana trees along the banks of River Elid, which have a chance of yielding bananas.
- Although more spawns can be found on the southern side of the river, 1-2 spawns are usually on the northern side. After killing them you can hop worlds to quickly begin killing more.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Elite clue scrolls and reward caskets are only dropped when completing an elite clue scroll asking you to kill a crocodile.
- Killing a crocodile is the solution to the elite cryptic clue: In a while...