|Released||25 July 2019 (Update)|
|Examine||A shard of the finest crystal, from the crystal city itself.|
Crystal shards are items that can be obtained through participating in various activities within Prifddinas. These are necessary to create and charge various crystal equipment through crystal singing, and also can be used to create enhanced crystal keys for the Elven Crystal Chest. Each crystal shard added onto a piece of crystal equipment provides 100 charges, up to a maximum of 20,000.
Value[edit | edit source]
Although crystal shards and crystal dust are not tradeable, divine potions created from crystal dust are tradeable. Each shard provides 10 dust, and one dust is used per dose of potion created. While a high Herblore level is required to make each potion, only 0.5 Herblore experience is granted per dose created. Note that the current prices of these potions may not accurately reflect the actively traded price due to extremely low creation and supply volume of certain potions and thus are frequently used as scam items.
|Level||Item||Base potion||Divine potion||GP / Shard|
|70||Divine super attack potion||170||1,134||2,410|
|70||Divine super strength potion||1,592||2,532||2,350|
|70||Divine super defence potion||852||1,528||1,690|
|74||Divine ranging potion||223||2,600||5,942.5|
|78||Divine magic potion||163||2,881||6,795|
|86||Divine bastion potion||7,311||11,336||10,062.5|
|86||Divine battlemage potion||6,265||9,910||9,112.5|
|97||Divine super combat potion||9,553||15,419||14,665|
Another way of getting value out of crystal shards is to use them to upgrade a crystal key into an enhanced crystal key, which unlocks the Elven Crystal Chest. Upgrading a crystal key requires level 80 in Crafting and Smithing, requires 10 crystal shards and gives 500 xp in both smithing and crafting. The chest will on average return 45/16 crystal shards and give 50,652.02 in loot. This means that the average profit per crystal shard is 4,158.89. Compared to Divine super combat potions, you are spending -75.51 Gp/xp in smithing and crafting combined, or double that for one of the individual skills.
Obtaining shards[edit | edit source]
- Harvesting a crystal tree guarantees 8-10 shards per harvest, and can be increased to 14-16 if using ultracompost.
- Completing The Gauntlet.
- Defeating Zalcano.
- Opening the Elven Crystal Chest.
- Completing laps of the Prifddinas Agility Course. There is a 1/3 chance to receive a shard each time players travel through a shortcut portal.
- Catching crystal implings gives a 1/18 chance of receiving 5-10 shards.
- Killing guards in Prifddinas and NPCs within the Iorwerth Dungeon gives a 1/24 chance of receiving a shard; superior slayer monsters are guaranteed to drop one.
- Pickpocketing an Elf inside of Prifddinas gives a 1/35 chance to receive a shard; wearing rogue equipment results in receiving two shards.
- Chopping any tree within Prifddinas with a 1/80 chance to receive crystal shard when receiving a log. Gwenith does NOT count.
- Mining ore in the Trahaearn mine, mining tephra during the Zalcano fight, as well as mining a Crashed Star, gives a 1/127 chance to obtain a crystal shard when mining an ore, regardless of type.
If a player receives a shard along with a collected resource, while only having a single free inventory space, the crystal shard will be dropped to the floor instead.
Exchanging seeds[edit | edit source]
|Item||Shards exchanged||Price||GP / Shard|
|Crystal weapon seed||10||324,126||32,412.6|
|Crystal tool seed||100||3,639,199||36,391.99|
|Enhanced crystal teleport seed||150||1,943,048||12,953.65|
|Crystal armour seed||250||5,432,852||21,731.41|
Products[edit | edit source]
Item sources[edit | edit source]
|Adamantite rock Prifddinas||70||1||Rare|
|Coal rock Prifddinas||30||1||Rare|
|Crashed Star Prifddinas||1||1/127|
|Crystal impling jar||5–10||1/18|
|Crystal tree Grown||74||8–16||Always|
|Elven Crystal Chest||N/A||8–13||20/256|
|Elven Crystal Chest||N/A||20–30||17/256|
|Elven Crystal Chest||N/A||4–6||17/256|
|Gold rock Prifddinas||40||1||Rare|
|Insatiable mutated Bloodveld||278||1||Always|
|Iorwerth Warrior Iorwerth Dungeon||1||1/24|
|Iron rock Prifddinas||15||1||Rare|
|Mithril rock Prifddinas||55||1||Rare|
|Moss giant Level 84||84||1||1/24|
|Reward Chest (The Gauntlet)||N/A||3–7||Always|
|Reward Chest (The Gauntlet) (Corrupted)||N/A||5–9||Always|
|Runite rock Prifddinas||85||1||Rare|
|Silver rock Prifddinas||20||1||Rare|
|Soft clay rock||70||1||Rare|
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 17 February 2020. (Archived from the original on 19 February 2020.) Mod Ash: "1/80 if I'm reading this code correctly."
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 15 April 2020. (Archived from the original on 15 April 2020.) Mod Ash: "That area doesn't count as being in Prifddinas - I wouldn't expect one there at all."
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 14 April 2020. (Archived from the original on 15 April 2019.) Mod Ash: "I believe that's 1/127 from any type of ore. And it looks like the Varrock bonus would give you a second shard roll if you got a second ore."