Crystal weapon seed
|Crystal weapon seed|
|Released||7 February 2005 (Update)|
|Examine||A seed to be sung into the finest crystal weapons.|
|High alch||0 coins|
|Low alch||0 coins|
|Exchange||62,964 coins (info)|
A crystal weapon seed is an elven crystal that can be turned into crystal weapons. A crystal seed is awarded to the player upon completion of the Roving Elves quest, and completing The Gauntlet will yield a chance of gaining these seeds.
The crystal seed is converted back into crystal equipment by means of chanting; Ilfeen is the only one to offer this service to the player. She is found teleporting back and forth between two clearings in Isafdar. However, after completion of Song of the Elves, she can be found in the western part of Prifddinas, slightly south of the house portal. Players can then choose between a crystal bow or a crystal shield. For the same price as a shield, a crystal halberd is also available to players who have completed the Hard Western Provinces Diary.
Please note: when converting a crystal seed to a crystal bow and crystal shield, they will become a crystal bow full and crystal shield full respectively, and CAN NOT be traded or be used for high alchemy.
Pricing[edit | edit source]
For the first four times a crystal seed is converted into equipment, the cost of Ilfeen's next service is decreased by 180,000 or 150,000 coins depending on what equipment the player requests. The initial price of bows and shields/halberds are 900,000 and 750,000 coins respectively. The minimum price for bows and shields/halberds are 180,000 and 150,000 coins respectively.
Please note that the price of re-enchantment is contingent on the number of crystal seeds Ilfeen has recharged, and not on the number of individual equipment pieces she has recharged. For example, a player who pays Ilfeen 900,000 coins to re-enchant a crystal seed into a crystal bow would then only have to pay her 600,000 coins to recharge a seed into a crystal shield. Therefore, players who wish to stock up on many pieces of equipment are advised to pay for the shields or halberds first.
|Enchantment||Cost for re-enchantment|
|Fifth and thereafter||180,000|
Crystal shield or halberd:
|Enchantment||Cost for re-enchantment|
|Fifth and thereafter||150,000|
Weapon Singing[edit | edit source]
After completion of the Song of the Elves quest players will be able to use crystal shards to sing weapons themselves, done at the singing bowl located just south of the player owned house portal in the city of Prifddinas. Another singing bowl can be found in the southeast corner of Prifddinas just east of the mining shop.
The amount of crystal shards needed to sing a piece of legacy crystal equipment are as follows:
- Crystal shield - 40 crystal shard and 1 crystal weapon seed
- Crystal bow - 40 crystal shard and 1 crystal weapon seed
- Crystal halberd - 40 crystal shard and 1 crystal weapon seed
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
|Reward Chest (The Gauntlet)||N/A||1||1/120|
|Reward Chest (The Gauntlet) (Corrupted)||N/A||1||1/50|
Store locations[edit | edit source]
|Bounty Hunter Shop||Edgeville||∞||4||N/A|
Changes[edit | edit source]
|25 July 2019
|Crystal seeds have been renamed crystal weapon seed.|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When Song of the Elves was released, crystal weapons and crystal seeds were turned into crystal weapon seeds.
- The book, 'Crystal singing for beginners', states that there is no known way to destroy a crystal seed. However, players are able to do so through the bank's incinerator feature.
- Once the equipment runs out of charges, the crystal seed remains "equipped" by the player, but it offers no stats and results in unarmed combat.
- Although crystal seeds are rarely found by players, their exchange price had steadily declined until the release of Song of the Elves, when it could be exchanged for crystal acorns via Pennant, as it is very rare for a player to lose a seed without discarding it on purpose. Moreover, it is available from the Bounty Hunter Shop and, due to being a very popular boss, Zulrah's rare crystal seed drop had been encountered many times before its removal from the drop table.