Cup of tea
|Cup of tea|
|Released||23 July 2002 (Update)|
|Examine||A nice cup of tea.|
|High alch||6 coins|
|Low alch||4 coins|
|Exchange||57 coins (info)|
A cup of tea is a refreshment which restores 3 hitpoints and temporarily boosts Attack by 3.
Players may purchase a cup of tea for 10 coins each at the tea stall south of the east entrance to Varrock. When a player drinks a cup of tea, they say the phrase, "Aaah, nothing like a nice cuppa tea!" and an empty cup remains in the player's inventory.
Additionally, cups of tea can be found in these locations:
- On the 1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US] of the house just north-west of the bank in Yanille (must be telegrabbed)
- South of the herb shop in Taverley
- North of the tea stall in Varrock (cannot be picked up or telegrabbed)
A tea flask can store up to five cups of tea, which will have the standard effect when consumed.
Quest uses[edit | edit source]
- A cup of tea is used in The Dig Site quest to bribe the Panning Guide in order to use the panning area found in the Dig Site.
- Nettle tea, a variation of standard tea, is created in Ghosts Ahoy for the Old Crone.
- Tea can also be found when speaking to Galahad by the forest north of Ardougne.
- An Empty cup is used in the quest One Small Favour.
Item sources[edit | edit source]
|Zombie (Tarn's Lair) Level 61–80||1||5/128|
Spawns[edit | edit source]
|Varrock - Ye olde Tea Shoppe||1||Maplink|
|Taverley - building directly west of the tree patch||1||Maplink|
|Taverley - south-west of Jatix's Herblore Shop||1||Maplink|
|Yanille - building north of the Wizards' Guild||1||Maplink|
|Hosidius - sawmill inside Woodcutting Guild||1||Maplink|
Shop locations[edit | edit source]
|The Esoterican Arms||Miscellania dungeon||5||3s||10||5|
|The Golden Field||Hosidius||5||3s||10||5|
|Ye olde Tea Shoppe.||Varrock||20||30s||10||6|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This is the only type of tea that cannot be used with a bucket of milk to make a milky version.
- Nettle tea and POH tea have the empty option, but this standard tea does not.
- In RuneScape Classic, you were able to telegrab the display tea unlike in RuneScape 2; it was tradeable. If you dropped the display tea, you could not pick it up unless you used Telekinetic Grab. It was also used in scams occasionally.
- Ghasts cannot rot tea. This may be because a cup of tea is classed as a potion.
- Drinking a cup of tea does incur a combat delay similar to most healing items.