Cup of tea (white)
|Cup of tea|
|Released||31 May 2006 (Update)|
|Examine||Some nettle tea in a porcelain cup.|
|High alch||6 coins|
|Low alch||4 coins|
A cup of tea is a drink made in a player-owned house by using a pot of tea on an empty white cup. This requires 20 Cooking and gives 52 experience. The tea gives a 2 level Construction boost when drunk. The following shelves contain empty white cups:
Players can also ask their servant to serve tea, and if the best shelves in your kitchen are one of those, the servant will serve this type of tea.
A bucket of milk can be added to the tea to make a milky cup of tea. This has no effect besides changing the colour of the tea and the message when drunk.
Tea from player-owned houses can not be put into a tea flask. If a player leaves the house in any way, then this item will disappear from their inventory.
Making a cup of tea[edit | edit source]
Making a cup of tea requires level 20 Cooking and gives the player 52 experience. The following furniture must be present in the kitchen: a built stove space, a larder, a shelf, and a built sink space.
- Remove a kettle, a teapot and one or more cups from the shelf.
- Remove one unit of tea leaves from the larder.
- Use the kettle on the built sink space to fill it with water.
- Use the full kettle of water on the built stove to bring it to a boil.
- Use the tea leaves on the teapot to turn it into a teapot with leaves.
- Remove the kettle from the range when the message "The kettle boils." is received.
- Use the hot kettle on the teapot with leaves to create four servings of tea. This is the only step that grants cooking experience.
- Use the pot of tea on a cup to pour a cup of tea.