Dagannoth (known as daggermouths to the Fremennik) are sea monsters. Many are found near areas inhabited by the Fremennik, who hunt them for their skin and use it to make armour. There are many types of dagannoth, the most powerful being the three Dagannoth Kings.
History[edit | edit source]
Little is known about the origins of the dagannoth species. Dagannoth are first documented in Third Age where they started attacking the Fremennik, causing great losses to them. The Fremennik call the dagannoth "dagger-mouths", most likely due to their sharp teeth.
Slayer[edit | edit source]
Dagannoth are assigned by Chaeldar, Vannaka, Nieve, Steve, Duradel and Konar as slayer tasks. In order to be assigned dagannoth as a slayer task, players must complete Horror from the Deep; however, completion of Horror from the Deep is not required to be assigned the Dagannoth Kings as a slayer task.
Monster types[edit | edit source]
There are several types of dagannoth, which vary by level, location and occasionally name. For information on a specific type of dagannoth, see its article.
- Dagannoth (Lighthouse & Catacombs of Kourend)
- Dagannoth (Waterbirth Island)
- Dagannoth (POH)
- Dagannoth fledgeling
- Dagannoth spawn
- Dagannoth Prime
- Dagannoth Rex
- Dagannoth Supreme
- Dagannoth mother
- Reanimated dagannoth
References[edit | edit source]
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 24 March 2016. Mod Ash: "You need Horror done for Dagannoth, but not for the DKs. You do need Death Plateau for GWD tasks."
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Dagannoth Kings have a long distance attack, similar to the Kalphite Queen, King Black Dragon, and Chaos Elemental.
- The plural of dagannoth is "dagannoth," which can be seen when receiving a slayer task for them.