Dagannoth Prime is the Magic-based Dagannoth King found in the depths of the Waterbirth Island Dungeon, along with fellow Dagannoth Kings, Dagannoth Rex and Dagannoth Supreme. Prime is the only monster to drop the Seers ring and Mud battlestaff. His projectile resembles Water Wave. He, along with the other Dagannoth Kings, can also drop the dragon axe.
- There is a separate cave available for those on a slayer task. Accessed by right clicking the ladder that leads to the Dagannoth Kings.
Dagannoth Prime, like the combat triangle suggests, is weak to Ranged attacks. The Zaryte, Armadyl, Dragon hunter, dragon and rune crossbows are effective weapons against him. The Toxic blowpipe is also effective, especially on a Slayer task. Wealthier players may opt to use the Bow of faerdhinen or Twisted bow due to their high accuracy and damage, especially the twisted bow with its effectiveness against monsters with a high Magic level. The Crystal bow is also fairly effective.
His attack is very powerful and more potent than the other two kings; it can deal up to 50 damage in one hit, so Protect from Magic prayer is a must whenever Prime is attacking. The attack is also AoE-based; any other players stood in a 3x3 tile radius around the main target will also be hit. Meleers are advised to stay away from Dagannoth Prime at all costs and fend off Dagannoth Supreme meanwhile, as Prime can kill any player not using the Protect from Magic prayer within a couple of attacks and is resistant to non-Ranged attacks.
The most effective way to kill Prime is to stand in the north-east corner of the lair while not being under attack by the other two kings, staying out of their attack radius.
- If players get too close to Dagannoth Rex when they are fighting Dagannoth Prime, they may inadvertently gain Rex's attention, potentially resulting in unnecessary damage. This can be avoided by staying on the western part of the arena, as Rex will rarely (if ever) go there.
- Dagannoth Supreme respawns while fighting Prime. This can be avoided by staying in the north-eastern part of the arena by the seaweed. Players will want to use the "Long-Range" style with their Ranged combat unless the player is sure that they will not get the attention of Supreme.
- Prime, along with his fellow king Supreme, have a very long-ranged attack, and if both of them focus on one player, the high damage can lead to a quick death. Players should either kill Supreme or leave the area if they find themselves under attack from both Prime and Supreme.
Drop rates estimated based on 63,560 kills from the Drop Rate Project, unless otherwise cited.
The average Dagannoth Prime kill is worth 18,173.15.
The average Dagannoth Prime kill while on a Konar task is worth 19,845.66.
- ^ Dropped in noted form if the player has completed the elite tier of the Fremennik diary
|Fremennik blade||1||1/128||Not sold||3,000|
|Fremennik shield||1||1/128||Not sold||3,000|
|Fremennik helm||1||1/128||Not sold||3,000|
There is a 7/128 chance of rolling the rare seed drop table.
There is a 1/128 chance of rolling the talisman drop table.
There is a 8/128 chance of rolling the rare drop table. There is also a 10/128 chance of rolling the gem drop table.
|Nothing||N/A||1/19.87; Never[d 1]||N/A||N/A|
|Loop half of key||1||1/95.67; 1/89.95[d 2]||11,345||60|
|Tooth half of key||1||1/95.67; 1/89.95[d 2]||9,522||60|
|Uncut sapphire||1||1/45.51; 1/23.11[d 2]||268||15|
|Rune 2h sword||1||1/682.67||37,976||38,400|
|Uncut emerald||1||1/91.02; 1/46.22[d 2]||495||30|
|Rune sq shield||1||1/1,024||22,580||23,040|
|Silver ore||100 (noted)||1/1,024||6,400||4,500|
|Uncut ruby||1||1/182.04; 1/92.44[d 2]||1,144||60|
|Dragon med helm||1||1/2,048||58,727||60,000|
|Rune spear||1||1/1,997.29; 1/216.1[d 2][d 3]||11,902||12,480|
|Shield left half||1||1/3,994.58; 1/432.21[d 2][d 3]||65,076||66,000|
|Nature talisman||1||1/485.45; 1/246.52[d 2]||208||2|
|Dragon spear||1||1/5,326.1; 1/576.28[d 2][d 3]||37,147||37,440|
|Uncut diamond||1||1/728.18; 1/369.78[d 2]||2,989||120|
|Rune javelin||5||1/1,456.36; 1/739.56[d 2]||785||1,200|