Dagannoth Prime is the Magic-based Dagannoth King found in the depths of the Waterbirth Island Dungeon, along with fellow Dagannoth Kings, Dagannoth Rex and Dagannoth Supreme. Prime is the only monster to drop the Seers ring and Mud battlestaff. His projectile resembles Water Wave. He, along with the other Dagannoth Kings, can also drop the dragon axe.
- There is a separate cave available for those on a slayer task. Accessed by right clicking the ladder that leads to the Dagannoth Kings.
Dagannoth Prime, like the combat triangle suggests, is weak to ranged attacks. The Armadyl crossbow, Dragon hunter crossbow, Dragon crossbow, Rune crossbow and Toxic blowpipe are effective weapons against him due to their high accuracy and, for the case of the blowpipe, very high damage-per-second capability. Wealthier players may opt to use the Twisted bow due to its effectiveness against monsters with high magic. The Crystal bow is also an effective weapon to use, and it is cheaper to use because it does not use ammunition. His magical attack is very powerful and more potent than the other two kings; it can deal 50 Hitpoints of damage in one hit, so Protect from Magic prayer is a MUST whenever Dagannoth Prime is on you. Meleers are advised to stay away from Dagannoth Prime at all costs and fend off Dagannoth Supreme meanwhile, as Dagannoth Prime can kill any player not using the Protect from Magic prayer within a couple of attacks and is resistant to melee attacks. Dagannoth Prime still has medium Defence against ranged attacks. The most efficient way to kill Dagannoth Prime is to stand in the north-east corner of the lair while not being under attack by Dagannoth Rex or Dagannoth Supreme, using a ranged weapon.
- If players get too close to Dagannoth Rex when they are fighting Dagannoth Prime, they may inadvertently gain Rex's attention, potentially resulting in unnecessary damage. This can be avoided by staying on the western part of the arena, as Rex will rarely (if ever) go there.
- Dagannoth Supreme respawns while fighting Prime. This can be avoided by staying in the north-eastern part of the arena by the seaweed. Players will want to use the "Long-Range" style with their Ranged combat unless the player is sure that they will not get the attention of Supreme.
- Prime, along with his fellow king Supreme, have a very long-ranged attack, and if both of them focus on one player, the high damage can lead to a quick death. Players should either kill Supreme or leave the area if they find themselves under attack from both Prime and Supreme.
Drop rates estimated based on 63,560 kills from the Drop Rate Project, unless otherwise cited.
The average Dagannoth Prime kill is worth 19,062.78.
The average Dagannoth Prime kill while on a Konar task is worth 20,695.37.
- ↑ Dropped in noted form if the player has completed the elite tier of the Fremennik diary
|Fremennik blade||1||1/128||Not sold||3,000|
|Fremennik shield||1||1/128||Not sold||3,000|
|Fremennik helm||1||1/128||Not sold||3,000|
There is a 7/128 chance of rolling the rare seed drop table.
There is a 1/128 chance of rolling the talisman drop table.
There is a 8/128 chance of rolling the rare drop table. There is also a 10/128 chance of rolling the gem drop table.
|Nothing||N/A||1/19.87; Never[d 1]||N/A||N/A|
|Loop half of key||1||1/95.67; 1/89.95[d 2]||9,836||60|
|Tooth half of key||1||1/95.67; 1/89.95[d 2]||9,853||60|
|Uncut sapphire||1||1/45.51; 1/23.11[d 2]||350||15|
|Rune 2h sword||1||1/682.67||37,700||38,400|
|Uncut emerald||1||1/91.02; 1/46.22[d 2]||612||30|
|Rune sq shield||1||1/1,024||22,420||23,040|
|Silver ore||100 (noted)||1/1,024||3,900||4,500|
|Uncut ruby||1||1/182.04; 1/92.44[d 2]||1,285||60|
|Dragon med helm||1||1/2,048||58,635||60,000|
|Rune spear||1||1/1,997.29; 1/216.1[d 2][d 3]||11,853||12,480|
|Shield left half||1||1/3,994.58; 1/432.21[d 2][d 3]||65,590||66,000|
|Nature talisman||1||1/485.45; 1/246.52[d 2]||942||2|
|Dragon spear||1||1/5,326.1; 1/576.28[d 2][d 3]||37,330||37,440|
|Uncut diamond||1||1/728.18; 1/369.78[d 2]||2,771||120|
|Rune javelin||5||1/1,456.36; 1/739.56[d 2]||885||1,200|
The following Combat Achievement tasks involve Dagannoth Prime.