|Released||18 April 2005 (Update)|
|Examine||The warrior of darkness.|
|Not immune to poison||Not immune to venom|
Damis is one of the four guardians of the Diamonds of Azzanadra, fought only when doing the Desert Treasure quest. He is the only guardian who exclusively uses melee to attack, however this is made up by him having two forms, with the second form being able to attack at a quick rate as well as draining Prayer rapidly. As with most monsters in the Shadow Dungeon, Damis allows other monsters to pass through him.
He can be fought in the Nightmare Zone after the quest is complete.
Location[edit | edit source]
He is found at the end of the Shadow Dungeon, which is accessed via a ladder requiring the ring of visibility to see. When approaching Damis' location, the player will be told in their chatbox that they hear a voice from the walls telling them to turn back.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
His first form is not much of a threat as the player can use Protect from Melee to defeat him and mitigate all damage, however his second form has higher stats, attacks faster and drains the player's Prayer rapidly when close up. As such, it may not be a good idea to allow Damis to attack the player.
The best method to defeat Damis is to get the attention of (but not kill) the bat or one of two giant rats found nearby and luring Damis and the other aggressive monsters behind it. Unlike the skeletons and Shadow Hounds, they will prevent other monsters passing through them. The player can then safely attack Damis using Magic/Ranged with only the giant rat or bat attacking the player.
As Damis is weak to Magic, Iban Blast and Trident of the seas/swamp are effective. He is resistant to melee and Ranged. Contrary to a popular misconception, Damis is not specifically weak to Earth spells.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
During Damis' second form, he may say one of the following quotes per game tick when he is close up to the player:
- "I will crush you utterly!"
- "You are no match for my power!"
- "Taste my blade and feel my wrath!"
- "I... am... invincible!"
- "Your pathetic skill won't help you now!"
- "You will regret ever coming here!"
- "Hah! I fear not your feeble power!"
Drops[edit | edit source]
100%[edit | edit source]
|Shadow diamond||1||Always[d 1]||Not sold||N/A|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- On release, Damis could be lured to the end of the alcove north of his room and easily safespotted behind a stalagmite. This no longer works as an update changed the stalagmite to a standing torch, which does not allow attacks through it.
- Damis is the only boss from Desert Treasure that does not appear in the Recipe for Disaster quest.
References[edit | edit source]