Dark beasts can be killed with Melee, Magic or Ranged. Melee is the most effective against them and should be used in conjunction with high prayer bonus armour, such as Proselyte armour, for Protect from Melee. To maximise profit, players should bring a herb sack and a gem bag so that they can loot all herbs and gems they receive.
Melee[edit | edit source]
Dark beasts will be aggressive towards you given that you're not already engaged in combat, and use their magical attacks if they are out of melee range. This is largely prevented by swiftly attacking a new beast close to you after one has been killed. Proselyte or Initiate armour is recommended to reduce the prayer point waste.
It is important to note that if you are not using a cannon, mage attacks will not appear and the superior versions magic attacks cannot kill you. You are completely safe to pray melee and afk the whole task.
Suggested skills[edit | edit source]
- 90+ (required)
- 43+ (Protect from Melee)
Equipment[edit | edit source]
Inventory[edit | edit source]
- Saradomin godsword
- 2-3 Divine super combat potion
- 12-18 Prayer potions
- Slayer ring
- Holy wrench if not using the Ring of the Gods (i)
- Herb sack
- Gem bag
- Seed box
- Optional: 2-3 shark if you're cannoning.
- Optional: Rune pouch to hold chaos, death, and blood rune drops
- Optional: High Level Alchemy runes to turn drops into gp
- Optional: One-click teleport for emergency
- Optional: Dwarf multicannon and cannonballs