Death Plateau/Quick guide
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Talk to Denulth in his tent in Burthorpe. Tell him you will discover the path for him.|
|Description||Trolls have come down from the north and are camped on Death Plateau. They are using this base to launch attacks on the principality of Burthorpe! The Imperial Guard is taking heavy losses. They need your help!|
|Enemies to defeat||None|
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
The Equipment Room[edit | edit source]
Items required: Asgarnian ale, 60+ coins, and a Blurberry special or Premade blurb' sp. (optional but recommended).
- Speak to Denulth in the Burthorpe camp.
- Ask Eohric on the 1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US] of the castle about the guard that was on duty last night.
- Speak to Harold upstairs in the bar in Burthorpe.
- Speak to Eohric again.
- Go back to Harold.
- Give him an Asgarnian ale.
- (Optional) Give him a Blurberry special or Premade blurb' sp.
- You will automatically win if you gave him the Blurberry special. If by chance, you have not brought the Blurberry special, just talk to him again and offer to gamble. This will leave you at the mercy of luck when bankrupting him and can become extremely frustrating if you go on a losing streak.
- Bet with Harold, you must bet over 60 gold (101 to immediately bankrupt him).
- Continue to gamble until Harold is bankrupt.
- Gamble until he gives you an "IOU". Read it to receive the combination. Make sure you keep this combination until the end of the quest.
- Go to the castle and place the 5 coloured balls as shown in the image. The door will unlock (you have to read the note for this to work). Keep the note.
The Secret Path[edit | edit source]
Items required: Iron bar and empty inventory slot. (If you need to drop an item to free up a space, drop the combination as you can receive another from Harold.)
- Go north-west of Burthorpe, enter the cave.
- Ask Saba about another way up Death Plateau.
- Leave the cave, continue north-west then go south at the fork.
- Talk to Tenzing.
- Talk to Dunstan by the anvil in north-east Burthorpe.
- Talk to Denulth where you started the quest. A certificate will be given to you.
- Talk to Dunstan to exchange your climbing boots, certificate and iron bar for spiked boots. (If you already own a pair of spiked boots, Dunstan will take the certificate, and then continue to the next step)
Items required: 10 loaves of bread, 10 cooked trout, combination, and Tenzing's spiked climbing boots.
- Return to Tenzing; give him 10 bread, 10 trout and the spiked boots to get the map. The bread and trout must be un-noted, and the items must be given all in one go.
- Exit Tenzing's house through the north door and then climb over the Stile. Take the path north and around to the east (past the second mountain goat) until the message "I think this is far enough" appears in the chat box (NOT the Death Plateau warning, this is another message).
- Talk to Denulth (make sure you have the combination with you when you do).
- If you lost the combination it can be re-obtained from Harold for free without gambling.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 1 Quest point
- 3,000 Attack experience
- Steel claws
- The ability to make claws
- Ability to purchase and wear climbing boots from Tenzing
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
Completion of Death Plateau is required for the following: