Death Plateau/Quick guide
|Death Plateau (#56)|
|Release date||9 August 2004 (Update)|
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Talk to Denulth in his tent in Burthorpe. Tell him you will discover the path for him.|
|Description||Trolls have come down from the north and are camped on Death Plateau. They are using this base to launch attacks on the principality of Burthorpe! The Imperial Guard is taking heavy losses. They need your help!|
|Enemies to defeat||None|
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
The Equipment Room[edit | edit source]
- Speak to Denulth in the Burthorpe camp.
- Ask Eohric on the 1st floor[?] of the castle about the guard that was on duty last night.
- Speak to Harold upstairs in the bar in Burthorpe.
- Speak to Eohric again.
- Go back to Harold.
- Give him an Asgarnian ale.
- Give him the Blurberry special.
- Bet with Harold, you must bet over 60 gold (500 to immediately bankrupt him).
- You will automatically win since he is drunk. If by chance, you have not brought the Blurberry special, just talk to him again and offer to gamble.
- Continue to gamble until Harold is bankrupt.
- Gamble until he gives you an "IOU". Read it to receive the combination. Make sure you keep this combination until the end of the quest.
- Go to the castle and place the 5 coloured balls as shown in the image. The door will unlock (you have to read the note for this to work ).
- Go through the door north of the table and climb the ladder.
- Talk to the archer there, and he will thank you for getting the combination right and opening the door. Make sure you talk to him and not attack him; if you do attack him however, climb down the ladder before heading back up and talk to him again.
The Secret Path[edit | edit source]
- Go north-west of Burthorpe, enter the cave.
- Ask Saba about another way up Death Plateau.
- Leave the cave, continue north-west then go south at the fork.
- Talk to Tenzing. (BEWARE: If you are an Ironman, be sure to have an empty spot in your inventory!)
- Talk to Dunstan by the anvil in north-east Burthorpe.
- Talk to Denulth where you started the quest.
- Talk to Dunstan to exchange your climbing boots and iron bar for spiked boots.
- Return to Tenzing; give him 10 bread, 10 trout and the spiked boots to get the map. The bread and trout must be un-noted, and the items must be given all in one go.
- Exit Tenzing's house through the north door and then climb over the Stile. Take the path north and around to the east (past the second mountain goat) until a message appears in the chat box (NOT the Death Plateau warning, there is a second message).
- Talk to Denulth (make sure you have the combination with you when you do).
Rewards[edit | edit source]
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
Completion of Death Plateau is required for the following: