|Released||17 October 2005 (Update)|
|Quest||Mourning's End Part II|
|Location||Temple of Light|
|Examine||A mysterious power emanates from this shrine.|
The Death altar is a runecrafting altar accessible after finding Thorgel at the end of the Temple of Light during Mourning's End Part II. It is located within the Temple of Light and is used to craft death runes from pure essence, granting 10 Runecraft experience.
Access[edit | edit source]
As with most runecrafting altars, it can be accessed via the Abyss after completion of the quest. Players must have either a death talisman (obtainable from quest) or be wearing a death tiara, unless you are accessing it via the Abyss.
As the altar is one of the least-accessible in terms of distance from a bank, it's recommended to take the abyss route in order to craft a large amount of runes.
The ruins[edit | edit source]
Entering the ruins by walking requires entering the Temple of Light and using the following directions.
- Go up the stairs at the main entrance.
- Go south and up the ladder.
- Go the centre of the temple.
- Climb down the next stairs twice.
- Rotate the mirror to open the light door.
Note: When leaving, remember to rotate the mirror again for future visits.
The Underground Pass[edit | edit source]
Alternatively, after Mourning's End Part II, the death altar can be entered from the dwarven camp in the Underground Pass. This is also a way to enter this area if you have forgotten to rotate the mirror when exiting through the ruins.
- Make your way to the western entrance to the Underground Pass. (Teleport to Lletya or Prifddinas.)
- Go down the well.
- Make your way to the lower level (either by falling on a jump or by making it to the stairs at the southern end of the map).
- Go to the dwarf camp in the southwest corner of the map.
- Descend the cave in the southwest corner of the dwarf camp.
Tiaras[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The main music, La Mort, is French for "The Death".
- The ability to sell cats to the citizens of West Ardougne for death runes was a Chekhov's gun hinting that the Death altar is located near West Ardougne.
- The area existed in-game alongside all other Runecrafting altars when the skill was launched, but not made accessible until 2005.