The Death altar is a runecrafting altar accessible after partial completion of Mourning's End Part II. It is located within the Temple of Light and is used to craft death runes from pure essence, granting 10 Runecraft experience.
Access[edit | edit source]
As with most runecrafting altars, it can be accessed via the Abyss after completion of the quest. Players must have either a death talisman (obtainable from quest) or by wearing a death tiara, unless you are accessing it via the Abyss.
As the altar is one of the least-accessible in terms of distance from a bank, it recommended to take the abyss route in order to craft a large amount of runes.
The ruins[edit | edit source]
Entering the ruins by walking requires entering the Temple of Light and using the following directions.
- Go up the stairs at the main entrance.
- Go south and up the ladder.
- Go the centre of the temple.
- Climb down the next stairs twice.
- Rotate the mirror to open the light door.
Note: When leaving, remember to rotate the mirror again for future visits.
Tiaras[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The main music, La Mort, is French for "The Death".
- The ability to sell cats to the citizens of West Ardougne for death runes was a Chekhov's gun hinting that the Death altar is located near West Ardougne.
- It is the only altar with a stonehenge around it but has no stone blocks on top (it is replaced with a light).