Defenders are off-hand weapons that are wielded in the shield slot and provide positive attack bonuses. To wield a defender, a player must have an Attack level high enough to wield a weapon of that metal and a Defence level high enough to wear an armour of that metal.
Defenders can be obtained by killing the Cyclopes in the Warriors' Guild. When the player has acquired a bronze defender, they need to go to Kamfreena and show it to her. The next time that player enters, the cyclopes will now drop the next level defender. This process is repeated to obtain higher level defenders.
Multiple of the same defender can be obtained. This can be done to avoid having to fight cyclopes again should one be lost on death. If players do not save one of the last defenders they earned, and log out while in the room with Cyclopes, or leave the room, they will have to start over again to get the bronze defender.
Use defender on Kamfreena - "I have a (type) defender, please let me in to kill some more Cyclopes!"
- "Bronze eh? The next cyclopes are ready, toddle in when you're ready."
- "Wow, iron eh? The next cyclopes are ready, toddle in when you're ready."
- "Strong as steel eh? The next cyclopes are ready, toddle in when you're ready."
- "Black, hmmm, about half way to Rune then! Keep going! Cyclopes have been released, enter when you're ready."
- "Mithril? Getting good at this aren't you? Ok, I've released those cyclopes that sometimes drop adamant defenders, enter when you're ready."
- "An adamant defender, eh? Trying for the Rune defender I'm betting. Ok, I've released those cyclopes, enter when you're ready."
- (Rune) "Well done, you truly are a brilliant warrior! I've released the cyclopes, enter when you're ready."
Lorelai responses -
- "Congratulations you've found a Dragon defender! You're welcome to go back inside and try to get more."