Defender icon is an item worn in the jaw slot, a back-end Worn Equipment slot system where facial hair is placed while playing Barbarian Assault. It shows that the player is a defender indicated by the blue circle around them with the defender symbol. When a game of Barbarian Assault finishes, the icon is removed.
Having a higher level in the Defender role, which can be done via Commander Connad or choosing to do so immediately after a game, allows players to have an increased luring range when luring Penance Runners.
|30 May 2019
(update | poll)
- The Barbarian Assault role icons are now equipped in the jaw slot instead of the cape slot, allowing players to wear capes within games. As a result, the item is no longer visible in the Worn Equipment interface.
- The "Wear" option was renamed to "Equip".
- The item was made usable by free-to-play players, although it cannot be obtained by them.
- As items in the jaw slot remove existing facial hair from the player's model, a fake beard is built into the equipped model to appear as if it was never removed. Thus, the defender icon has 16 different equipped models, one for each facial hairstyle that currently exists.
- ↑ Mod Wolf. "Poll 67 Updates and Hosidius Improvements." 30 May 2019. Reddit Forums.
- ↑ Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 30 May 2019. (Archived from the original on 6 June 2019.) Mod Ash: "This deletes your beard if you have one, so the [Barbarian Assault] icons have fake beards built into them so that your appearance doesn't change."
- ↑ Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 30 May 2019. (Archived from the original on 6 June 2019.) Mod Ash: "[A jaw slot item] actually does replace your beard - so the 4 [Barbarian Assault] icons now have multiple alternate versions, one for each beard style, so that the model is of icon+beard."