|Released||31 May 2006 (Update)|
|Location||Player-owned house or Servants' Guild|
|Examine||Blimey, a Demon Butler!|
Alathazdrar the demon butler is a servant that players with at least level 50 Construction can hire to do various services in their player-owned house. Alathazdrar has the highest wage at 10,000 coins. Players must pay him the wage every eight uses of his services. Alathazdrar has inventory space for 26 items and a trip time of 7 seconds.
History[edit | edit source]
Alathazdrar began his trade as a servant to demon nobility; his previous clients include Thammaron and Delrith. He has also spent some time as ferryman in the grim Underworld. However, he claims to have grown tired of "the incessant shadows and hellfire" and as a result departed from the Underworld to seek out human employers. Alathazdrar ended up as a member of the Servants' Guild in Ardougne, and is the most accomplished servant for hire there.
Hiring[edit | edit source]
Players can hire Alathazdrar at the Servants' Guild, which is located north of the marketplace in East Ardougne. All five servants wander inside the building except for the servant the player has hired. Before hiring any servant, the player must meet three requirements:
- The player must have the required Construction level.
- The player's house must have at least two bedrooms with beds constructed in each one. If one of the beds is removed, then the servant will not become present again until the bed is rebuilt and the player exits and re-enters the house.
- The player must not have a servant already hired.
If the player wants to fire or switch servants, the player must fire their current servant by either talking to them in the player's house, or by talking to the Chief servant at the Servants' Guild.
Services[edit | edit source]
The services provided by servants can be cosmetic or vital resources for training Construction efficiently. All of the servants have the same basic services, but the main difference is that the higher-level servants have larger inventories and quicker response times. The demon butler can:
- Be summoned via the bell-pull in the dining room or the Call Butler button on the House Options interface
- Follow the player like a pet even in building mode
- Greet visiting players as they enter the house
- Lead visiting players to the owner if the owner is in another room
- Lead visiting players outside
- Serve tea to the owner
- Serve curry to the owner and the visiting players provided the player has a dining room with a table and a kitchen with the necessary supplies
- Serve drinks from the barrel to the owner and the visiting players
- Fetch building materials from the bank:
- Take items to the bank
- Un-note noted items (excluding bones), taking the same amount of time as fetching from the bank
The cook, butler, and demon butler can also take logs to the sawmill for conversion into planks. Noted logs can be used, but the servant must first un-note them and upon returning to the player with the un-noted logs, they'll be automatically deposited to the player's inventory, the player has the option of having the servant take them to the sawmill if the player talks to the servant again.
Use in Construction[edit | edit source]
When a player builds oak larders to train Construction and has noted planks and 8 planks (unnoted) remaining in their inventory, the Demon Butler can take 24 planks to be unnoted and return timely, whilst the player builds the next larder. This allows the player to continuously build larders for Construction experience. Depending on latency and skill, some players might find it easier to have him bring them 16 oak planks per trip instead. This can also be done with 16 (unnoted) planks remaining if you are quick enough. Have the Demon Butler bring back 24 planks and it is possible to make 2 larders and remove them in time before he returns.
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Changes[edit | edit source]
|22 November 2018
Players may now fire their servants by talking to the chief servant in Ardougne.
Gallery (historical)[edit | edit source]
|31 May 2006 –
6 November 2006
|6 November 2006 –|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- He has a similar appearance and chathead to Sergeant Damien, the drill demon.
- Alathazdrar is one of the very few demons in Old School RuneScape who is friendly to players.
References[edit | edit source]
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 6 January 2019. (Archived from the original on 30 May 2020.) Mod Ash: "If you're hiring a new one, you're presumably in the Ardougne servant house. The chief there can let you fire your existing servant by talking to him. Hopefully that'll cover most of what you need."
|God Wars Dungeon|