Desert Treasure/Quick guide
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Speak to the archaeologist at the Bedabin Camp.|
|Description||Rumours abound throughout Varrock and Al-Kharid that an archaeologist has discovered clues to a hoard of treasure hidden deep in the desert, south of Al-Kharid. Anybody prepared to offer him assistance in his treasure hunting could well find themselves benefitting from a very large reward indeed...|
|Official length||Very long|
|Enemies to defeat|
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Starting out[edit | edit source]
Items required (may be noted): 650 coins, ashes, blood rune, bones, 6 molten glass, 12 magic logs, charcoal and 6 steel bars.
Recommended: waterskins, a charged ring of dueling, 200 coins for carpet ride to Bedabin Camp, stamina potions, 2 Shantay passes, Digsite teleport
- Talk to the Archaeologist in the Bedabin camp by the magic carpet with at least one inventory slot free.
- Go to the Digsite Exam Centre and talk to the Archaeological expert.
- Talk to him again for a translation.
- Talk to the Archaeologist in the desert.
- Talk to him again.
- Run south to the bandit camp and buy a drink in the pub for 650 coins. (If you are wearing any saradomin or zamorak items e.g. unholy blessing, remove them now so you don't get attacked by the Bandits)
- Talk to the bartender again.
- Talk to Eblis in or just outside of the small building east of the bar.
- Deliver all the required items to Eblis by using them on him (items can remain noted), then talk to him again.
- Go south-east to the mirrors, and talk to Eblis there.
Collect the 4 diamonds, they may be obtained in any order.
Note: At any point with one of the diamonds in your inventory, a level 95 stranger may randomly appear and attack you with a poisoned dragon dagger. You may place the diamonds in the pyramid or your bank at any point to avoid this.
Smoke diamond[edit | edit source]
Items required: tinderbox, facemask (Slayer Helmet works) or gas mask, and ice gloves or water spells or Dwarven cannon.
Recommended: Stamina or energy potions, Dwarven cannon, good food, Protect from melee prayer.
Note: You must wear ice gloves to wield anything while fighting Fareed (you can use ranged without ice gloves if you keep your distance, but all arrows are turned to ash as they hit). If using magic, only water spells can damage him (Trident of the Seas will not work). Be ready to run nonstop - the torches each have a timer.
- Equip your facemask and enter the Smoke Dungeon west of Pollnivneach and east of the mirrors
- Light the 4 torches, one in each corner of the dungeon, and open the chest in the centre to get the key before any of the torches burns out.
- Starting at the NE corner with 100% run and then onto SE, NW and then SW, you can make it to the chest without stamina or energy pots.
- Use the warm key to open the gate to the east.
- Kill Fareed to get the Smoke diamond. Protect from Melee is strongly advised.
Shadow diamond[edit | edit source]
Items required: 20+ lockpicks, antipoison, food, 5,000 coins, magic combat equipment, Prayer/Super Restores to combat the Prayer drain. Note: Tiles by the general store in the Bandit camp will unnote any items for a small fee, and nearby bandits can be pickpocketed for anti-poisons and lockpicks.
- Talk to Rasolo outside the house south of Baxtorian Falls.
- Go to the most southern tent in the Bandit camp. Bring antipoison, food, and 20+ lockpicks (you can bring noted ones and coins to exchange with Tiles in Bandit camp's general store, 5 coins for each lockpick).
- Unlock the chest (the 3 locks must be picked consecutively, it can take upwards of 100 tries to open the chest and is dependent upon thieving level).
- Give the gilded cross to Rasolo. Even if your inventory is full, the cross will instantly be swapped for the ring.
- Equip the visibility ring and climb down the ladder east of Rasolo in the fenced area.
- Run through the dungeon, kill Damis in his 2 forms and pick up the shadow diamond (his second form drains player stats and prayer rapidly, it is advised to safespot Damis, this can be done by hitting a bat or rat and stacking npcs behind). Kill a Shadow Hound to complete a task in the Hard Kandarin Diary.
Ice diamond[edit | edit source]
Items required: runes to cast fire spells to unfreeze the Trolls after killing Kamil, cake/chocolate cake, spiked boots (get these from Dunstan with a pair of climbing boots and an iron bar), climbing boots, food and combat equipment. Prayer and super restore potions highly recommended.
Note: Only fire spells will work if using Magic on Kamil. Iban Blast, Flames of Zamorak, and trident of the seas' built in spell cannot damage Kamil. Additionally, your stats will be constantly drained during this fight; keep this in mind when selecting the fire spell you will use. Note you cannot run in the area, so there's no point in bringing graceful set.
- Give a cake to the Troll child north-west of Trollheim by right-clicking and using the cake on the troll child.
- Talk to the Troll child.
- Enter the ice gate and kill 5 ice trolls.
- Enter the cave.
- Follow the path then kill Kamil (it is advised to approach with protect from magic to force him to teleport into range, then protect from melee, and manually cast your spells).
- Continue west and follow the long icy path.
- Wear spiked boots and climb the ice ledge, follow the new path.
- Go through the gate and smash the trolls frozen in ice by using your fire spell on each of them. Talk to them for the ice diamond.
Tip: Use a ring of dueling to teleport to Ferox Enclave and use the pools to restore all your combat stats and prayer before proceeding.
Blood diamond[edit | edit source]
Items required: Silver bar, spice, garlic powder (or garlic and pestle and mortar), prayer potions, and (after Entrana!) combat equipment . Means of travel to Draynor is also helpful.
Recommended: Consider bringing your Druid pouch to prevent ghasts from rotting your food as you run through the swamp
- Talk to Malak in the Canifis pub.
- Travel to the Draynor Sewer and give Ruantun a silver bar for a silver pot.
- Take the silver pot to the High Priest in the Entrana church and he will enchant it.
- Talk to Malak (He will damage you for five hitpoints here, but he cannot kill you).
- Add spices and garlic powder to the pot of blood.
- Prepare for a tough boss fight (combat gear, high healing food).
- Go to the graveyard north of Castle Drakan (see map).
- Pour your pot of blood on the tomb and defeat Dessous
- Dessous has 99 Defence and 150 defence against slash and is generally very strong against melee. Recommended to range/mage him.
- You can avoid taking damage by alternating between protection from melee and protection from range each game tick. (Note: if you leave the fight you will need to make a new pot of blood but you keep your blessed pot)
- Return to Malak and claim the blood diamond.
Jaldraocht pyramid[edit | edit source]
Items required: all four diamonds. Recommended: weight-reducing gear, stamina potion, energy potion, antipoison, prayer potions and high-healing food.
- Go south-east of Eblis (the Camulet teleports you very close) and place a diamond in each of the pyramid's obelisks.
- Enter the pyramid from the top.
- Run through each floor and don't stop or a trap may send you back to the start. Traps may still trigger regardless. Beware Mummies and Scarabs as they can hit over 20.
|Level 1||Level 2||Level 3||Level 4|
- Talk to Azzanadra at the end.
- Praying at the altar twice after completing the quest will unlock a hard task in the Desert area.
Note: Talk to Eblis after the quest to buy an Ancient staff for 80,000 coins, or buy one from the GE for 60,687.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 3 Quest points
- 20,000 Magic experience
- The ability to use Ancient Magicks: At any time, you can pray at the altar and change between the standard and Ancient Magicks spellbooks. After traversing the pyramid for the first time, you may enter via the back-door of the pyramid to gain a short cut to the altar. Be warned that changing spellbooks will drain your prayer to 0.
- Ring of visibility: If you ever lose it, you can obtain another one from Rasolo.
- Access to the Curse of the Empty Lord miniquest (only requires the ring of visibility)
- Access to ancient staff: You can also buy one from Eblis for 80,000 coins. If you lose the staff, you will have to kill mummies inside the pyramid, or buy it from other players. It can also be obtained as a rare drop from the Chaos Fanatic, as a rare drop from the Thermonuclear smoke devil or as an uncommon drop from Vet'ion.
- Access to the Smoke Dungeon, which can be used for various Slayer tasks.
- Ability to talk to Eblis to obtain an ancient signet