Diamond bolts (e)
|Diamond bolts (e)|
|Released||31 July 2006 (Update)|
|Examine||Enchanted Diamond tipped Adamantite Crossbow Bolts.|
|High alch||126 coins|
|Low alch||84 coins|
|Exchange||310 coins (info)|
Enchanted diamond bolts are adamant bolts tipped with enchanted diamond. Diamond bolts can be enchanted by using the spell Enchant Crossbow Bolt (Diamond) by a player with 57 Magic. The spell enchants 10 diamond bolts per cast and uses 2 law runes, 1 cosmic rune, and 10 earth runes.
Enchanted diamond bolts have a 10% chance (5% chance against another player) of triggering the Armour Piercing effect. This increases the maximum damage by 15% for that hit as well as becoming a successful hit. Not only is your range accuracy ignored when the effect activates, so is your range level, so if your stats are reduced (e.g. by brewing down), you will still roll with guaranteed accuracy and 0-115% of your usual max hit. A twinkling sound can be heard when this activates.
If the player has completed the hard Kandarin Diary, there is a 10% increase of the likelihood that the special effect of an enchanted bolt will occur, giving enchanted diamond bolts an overall 11% chance (5.5% chance against another player) of the special effect activating. This effect is always active regardless of whether the headgear is equipped or not.
Creation[edit | edit source]
|Diamond bolts (e)||10||3,100|
Item sources[edit | edit source]
Changes[edit | edit source]
|16 April 2015
|5 March 2015
(update | poll)
|18 June 2007
The item's value was increased from 1 to 211.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 30 March 2016. (Archived from the original on 28 May 2020.) Mod Ash: "When it activates, it treats your max hit as 15% higher than usual for that shot."
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 17 May 2017. (Archived from the original on 28 May 2020.) Mod Ash: "[Is it true that the special effect of the Diamond Bolts (e) lowers the ranged defence of the affected target?] Nope."
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 26 July 2017. (Archived from the original on 28 May 2020.) Mod Ash: "It rolls independently of your accuracy and their defence, yes. And it also increases the max hit by 15%."
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 18 March 2020. (Archived from the original on 28 May 2020.) Mod Ash: "If the bolt chooses to do its spec, it deals damage between 0 and 115% of your usual max hit. (Yes, it can be 0.) If it doesn't choose to do its spec, you get a normal accuracy/defence roll, and if you pass that you deal between 0 and 100% of your usual max hit."
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 18 March 2020. (Archived from the original on 28 May 2020.) Mod Ash: "Yes, irrespective of what your stats & bonuses do[, you'll still roll from 0 to 115% max hit 10% of the time.]"
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 23 April 2015. (Archived from the original on 27 May 2020.) Mod Ash: "We went with an increase of 10% as specified in the original blog."
|Dragon gem-tipped bolts|