Diamond bolts (e)
|Diamond bolts (e)|
|Released||31 July 2006 (Update)|
|Examine||Enchanted Diamond tipped Adamantite Crossbow Bolts.|
|High alch||126 coins|
|Low alch||84 coins|
|Exchange||294 coins (info)|
Enchanted diamond bolts are adamant bolts tipped with enchanted diamond. Diamond bolts can be enchanted by using the spell Enchant Crossbow Bolt (Diamond) by a player with 57 Magic. The spell enchants 10 diamond bolts per cast and uses 2 law runes, 1 cosmic rune, and 10 earth runes.
Enchanted diamond bolts have a 10% chance (5% chance against another player) of triggering the Armour Piercing effect. This increases the maximum damage by 15% (25% when under the effect of the Zaryte crossbow) for that hit as well as becoming a successful hit. The maximum hit is calculated based on current ranged level, so if your ranged level is reduced (e.g. by brewing down) your max hit will go down too. A twinkling sound can be heard when this activates.
If the player has completed the hard Kandarin Diary, there is a 10% increase of the likelihood that the special effect of an enchanted bolt will occur, giving enchanted diamond bolts an overall 11% chance (5.5% chance against another player) of the special effect activating. This effect is always active regardless of whether the headgear is equipped or not.
A player activates the Armour Piercing effect
Creation[edit | edit source]
|Diamond bolts (e)||10||2,940|
Item sources[edit | edit source]
Changes[edit | edit source]
|16 April 2015
|5 March 2015
(update | poll)
|18 June 2007
The item's value was increased from 1 to 211.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 30 March 2016. (Archived from the original on 28 May 2020.) Mod Ash: "When it activates, it treats your max hit as 15% higher than usual for that shot."
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 17 May 2017. (Archived from the original on 28 May 2020.) Mod Ash: "[Is it true that the special effect of the Diamond Bolts (e) lowers the ranged defence of the affected target?] Nope."
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 26 July 2017. (Archived from the original on 28 May 2020.) Mod Ash: "It rolls independently of your accuracy and their defence, yes. And it also increases the max hit by 15%."
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 18 March 2020. (Archived from the original on 28 May 2020.) Mod Ash: "If the bolt chooses to do its spec, it deals damage between 0 and 115% of your usual max hit. (Yes, it can be 0.) If it doesn't choose to do its spec, you get a normal accuracy/defence roll, and if you pass that you deal between 0 and 100% of your usual max hit."
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 23 April 2015. (Archived from the original on 27 May 2020.) Mod Ash: "We went with an increase of 10% as specified in the original blog."
|Dragon gem-tipped bolts|