Dondakan the Dwarf is a dwarven miner and the father of Commander Veldaban. He is the main character in the Between a Rock... quest.
Dondakan has spent 18 years of his life attempting to open a seemingly impenetrable rock in the Keldagrim south-west mine. While he had many dwarves helping him at one point, they have all since left, leaving him alone in his work. He now spends every bit of money he can dredge up in an attempt to open the rock.
Dondakan has tried many different methods to break the rock, such hitting it with a pickaxe, shooting it with several types of cannonballs, and kicking it with granite boots. None have been successful, and the cost has taken a toll on him.
Once the quest is complete, he can send players to the Arzinian Mine, the largest gold mine in RuneScape, although they must be wearing a gold helmet.
- Dondakan has 6 un-obtainable items - all cannonballs from bronze to rune except steel.
- After the quest, players may attempt to buy his granite boots, but he will not sell them for any price offered. If players have granite boots equipped, they will be able to engage in unique dialogue when speaking to him:
- Player: Check these out.
- You lift up your boots for Dondakan to see.*
- Dondakan the Dwarf: Where'd you get those from? Did you make your own?
- Player: Not quite, they were retrieved from the corpse of a wyvern.
- Dondakan the Dwarf: You killed a wyvern? Last I heard they were all dead.
- Player: I never said I killed it! But perhaps I did, I am a grand adventure after all!
- Dondakan the Dwarf: Oh dear, oh dear. It seems firing you head first into a rock was perhaps not the best idea, you've gone absolutely loony.
- Player: Hmm, well you do have a point...
- Dondakan the Dwarf: It's alright Laddie, I'm just joking.