Dorgesh-Kaan Agility Course
|Dorgesh-Kaan Agility Course|
|Released||21 June 2006 (Update)|
The Dorgesh-Kaan Agility Course is an Agility training area located in Dorgesh-Kaan, available to players with level 70 Agility. Completion of Death to the Dorgeshuun is also required. Optionally, level 70 Strength and Ranged are required to traverse the grapple route, which gives experience in Agility, Strength and Ranged. To train at the Agility course, the player also has to bring a lightsource.
The Agility course rewards 2,750 Agility experience per completed lap. With an average time of 156 seconds per lap, it is possible to get upwards of 63,000 Agility experience per hour from this course. At lower Agility levels expect to get around 50,000-60,000 Agility experience per hour, depending on concentration levels.
Introduction[edit | edit source]
The Dorgesh-kaan Agility Course requires level 70 Agility, completion of Death to the Dorgeshuun and a lightsource to access. The basic premise of the course is to cross obstacles using one of two routes to retrieve an item requested by Turgall. If the requested item is delivered to Turgall, bonus experience is rewarded, depending on which route was taken.
Getting there[edit | edit source]
The Dorgesh-Kaan agility course located at the southernmost point of the upper level of Dorgesh-Kaan. There are several different methods for traveling there. The best options, ordered from fast to slow, are:
- Dial the fairy ring code AJQ. Run to the northernmost part of the cave and go up the ladder to the right.
- Break a Dorgesh-Kaan teleport sphere and run to the course from there.
- Enter the Lumbridge Swamp Caves from the cellar in Lumbridge Castle. Use the travel option on Kazgar to travel to the mines. From there, run south to enter the city of Dorgesh-Kaan. The Agility course is located on the 2nd floor[UK]3rd floor[US] to the south.
Strategies[edit | edit source]
Equipment[edit | edit source]
- Wear weight-reducing clothing to achieve a weight of 0 kg or lower. This results in a lower run energy depletion rate.
- When planning on taking the grapple route, bring any crossbow, as well as multiple mith grapples, since there is a 1/25 chance of the grapple being destroyed upon usage.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
- A lightsource
- A spanner, which is obtained by talking to Turgall.
- Bring some food to restore lost Hitpoints from taking damage from failing Agility obstacles.
- Bring enough Energy-restoring items for enough energy to constantly run around the course.
The course[edit | edit source]
First, talk to Turgall to offer help. He is found in the well-lit power generator in the northeastern part of the Agility course. Turgall will then hand a spanner to disassemble a part from the old power generator in the southwest corner. He will always mention two components he needs. Depending on the desired route, one of those two items should be retrieved. The heavy items can only be taken back via the Agility route, while the delicate items can only be taken back via the grapple route.
|Heavy items (Agility route)||Delicate items (Grapple route)|
The Agility route will solely reward Agility experience, while the Grapple route will mainly reward Ranged experience and small amounts of Agility and Strength experience. It is also possible to take different routes back and forth, which will split the experience between Agility and Ranged (plus a small amount of Strength experience). The part that was disassembled from the old power generator will dictate whether to take the Agility or the grapple route back. The route there is open to the player's choice: whether they want to focus on Agility or Ranged experience)
Route options[edit | edit source]
After offering Turgall some help and knowing which two parts to choose from, decide which route to take. The Agility route for more Agility experience or the grapple route for more Ranged experience.
If not failed:
- The Agility route back and forth takes 2:36 minutes.
- The grapple route back and forth takes 1:30 minutes.
- A combination of both routes takes 2:03 minutes.
Agility route[edit | edit source]
|N/A||Delivery bonus||2,432 [d 1]|
|Total [d 2]||2,750|
- If the Agility route was taken back and forth. If this route was taken only once, 1,216 bonus experience will be rewarded, as well as 571 Ranged experience.
- Assuming the Agility route was taken back and forth.
It is possible to fail the tightrope cable and monkeybar ladder obstacles, even at level 99 Agility. A fall will drop a player to the lower level of the dungeon, causing about 10 damage and damaging any item retrieved from the generator. To return to the course, use the stairs found at the north side of the dungeon near the entrance from Dorgesh-Kaan.
Grapple route[edit | edit source]
|Pylon|| 18 |
|Pylon|| 18 |
|Pylon|| 18 |
|N/A||Delivery bonus||1,142 [d 1]|
|Total [d 2]|| 108 |
- If the grapple route was taken back and forth. If this route was taken only once, 571 bonus experience will be rewarded, as well as 1,216 Agility experience.
- Assuming the grapple route was taken back and forth
Disassembling the parts[edit | edit source]
Once arrived at the old power generator in the southwest corner, decide which route to choose back: the Agility route or the grapple route.
- For the Agility route, disassemble either the powerbox, lever or cog from the boiler.
- For the grapple route, disassemble either the capacitor, fuse or meter from the console.
To disassemble a part, use the spanner on either of the two machines described above.
Returning the parts[edit | edit source]
Return to Turgall to deliver him one of the parts he requested, in return for bonus experience.
Experience rates[edit | edit source]
Due to the success rate of the obstacles, the experience rates scale with the player's Agility level. At level 99 expect to be able to complete a maximum of 23 laps per hour using the Agility route back and forth, resulting in 63,000 Agility experience per hour.
At lower Agility levels expect to get around 50,000-60,000 Agility experience per hour.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Unlike most other agility obstacles, it is not possible to have a follower while attempting the obstacles here.
References[edit | edit source]
|Rooftop Agility courses|
|Dorgesh-Kaan Agility Course|