|Doric's Quest (#11)|
|Released||6 April 2001 (Update)|
|Lead developer(s)||Rob Law|
Doric's Quest is a quest involving Doric the dwarf, who is happy to let the player use his anvils but first requests an errand.
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Speak to Doric in the small house north of Falador, just outside the east gate of Taverley.|
|Description||Doric the dwarf is happy to let you use his anvils but first he would like you to run an errand for him.|
|Official length||Very Short|
|Enemies to defeat||None|
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Getting started[edit | edit source]
(These cannot be noted)
Obtaining the materials[edit | edit source]
(Skip this part if you already have all of the required materials)
The Dwarven Mine is located near Doric's house, so you can head there. To get there, go east from Doric's house and then north to find a path onto Ice Mountain. On the mountain, walk south and look for a ladder surrounded by buildings and dwarves. Climb down the ladder to enter the Dwarven Mine. The iron, copper, and tin rocks are located due south of the entrance. Clay rocks are located a little further south.
Dwarves located outside the Dwarven Mine, east of Doric's house, sometimes drop iron ore. This may help Ironmen trying to complete this quest before level 15 Mining. Members can buy the copper ores and iron ores at the store in Blast Furnace. Ironmen can also complete the quest before reaching level 15 Mining by pickpocketing H.A.M members as they have an uncommon chance to give Iron ore. Also you can kill for example Sand or Rock Crabs which drop both copper and iron.
Alternatively, instead of mining in the Dwarven Mine, you can use the Rimmington mine south of Falador, which contains all the required ores right next to each other.
Finishing up[edit | edit source]
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 1 Quest point
- 1,300 Mining experience
- 180 coins
- The ability to use Doric's anvils
- Bronze pickaxe given at the start of the quest
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
Completion of Doric's Quest is required for the following:
Transcript[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- If you were to do the quest with 1 Mining, the 1,300 Mining experience reward from the quest is enough to get you straight to 10 Mining.
- Beginning the quest with the required materials already in hand brings up dialogue about what a coincidence that is.
- Player: You know, it's funny you should require those exact things!
- Doric: What do you mean?
- Player: I can usually fit 28 things in my backpack and in a world full of quite literally limitless possibilities, a complete coincidence has occurred!
- Doric: I don't quite understand what you're saying?
- Player: Well, out of pure coincidence, despite definitely not knowing what you were about to request, I just so happened to have carried those exact items!
- (If the player is holding exactly 6 clay, 4 copper ore, and 2 iron ore).
- Player: In fact, in the exact quantities too!
- Doric: Oh my, that is a coincidence! Pass them here, please. I can spare you some coins for your trouble, and please use my anvils any time you want.