Dragon Slayer/Quick guide
|Dragon Slayer (#17)|
|Release date||23 September 2001 (Update)|
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Speak to the Guildmaster in the Champions' Guild.|
|Description||Prove yourself a true champion. Kill the mighty dragon Elvarg of Crandor and earn the right to buy and wear the Rune platebody.|
|Enemies to defeat|
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Beginning[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Guildmaster in Champions' Guild.
- Talk to Oziach in Edgeville.
- Talk to Guildmaster in Champions' Guild. Make sure you get the maze key by asking about Melzar's map piece, and also ask about Thalzar and Lozar's map pieces.
- If you don't already have an anti-dragon shield, speak to Duke Horacio.
Map pieces[edit | edit source]
- Map pieces can be obtained in any order.
- After obtaining all 3, combine them by using them to each other.
Thalzar's map piece[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Oracle on Ice Mountain. Make sure you have talked to the Guildmaster about where the Thalzar's map piece is.
- Enter the Dwarven mine and use silk, lobster pot, unfired bowl and USE wizard's mind bomb on the magic door at the northeast side of the mine.
- Enter the magic door, open and search the chest to receive a map piece.
Melzar's map piece[edit | edit source]
- Once you've gotten the Maze key from the Guildmaster head to Rimmington.
- Enter Melzar's Maze.
- Kill the small zombie rat with a long tail to get the key and enter the northmost door and climb up the ladder.
- Kill the ghost wearing hood, a tube top, and no cape to get the key and enter the second door from the north on the eastern wall and climb up the ladder.
- Kill the skeleton with the round shield to get the key and enter the westmost door on the southern wall and climb down the ladder 3 times.
- Kill the zombies to get the key and enter the blue door.
- Kill Melzar the Mad to get the key and enter the purple (magenta) door.
- Kill the lesser demon to get the key and enter the green door.
- Open and search the chest to receive a map piece.
Lozar's map piece[edit | edit source]
Obtaining a boat[edit | edit source]
- Make sure you've asked the Guildmaster about where to find the right ship.
- Grab 3 wood planks, 90 steel nails, a hammer, and 2,000 gp out of the bank.
- Talk to Klarense in the southern docks of Port Sarim by the Void Outpost boat and pay him 2,000 gp.
- Go on board, climb down the ladder and repair the hole 3 times.
- Talk to Ned in Draynor with the map in your inventory.
The fight[edit | edit source]
- Prepare for the fight. Make sure you have your Anti-fire potion and Anti-dragon shield with you.
- Return to the boat in Port Sarim you previously repaired and talk to Captain Ned. He is aboard the boat already (The Lady Lumbridge).
- Climb on top of the volcano and enter the hole. (After the cutscene climb back out of the hole for a Karamja medium task.)
- Head south and kill Elvarg. Flinch Elvarg in the southeast corner of her cave for a long, but safe fight.
- Before teleporting out, head south from Elvarg's cave and open the wall to unlock another Karamja medium task.
Finishing up[edit | edit source]
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 2 Quest Quest points
- 18,650 Strength Strength experience
- 18,650 Defence Defence experience
- The ability to wear the rune platebody, green d'hide body, and dragon platebody
- Access to Crandor
- Access to the Corsair Cove Resource Area