Dragon Slayer I/Quick guide
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Speak to the Guildmaster in the Champions' Guild.|
|Description||Prove yourself a true champion. Kill the mighty dragon Elvarg of Crandor and earn the right to buy and wear the Rune platebody.|
|Enemies to defeat|
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Beginning[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Guildmaster in Champions' Guild.
- Talk to Oziach in Edgeville.
- Talk to Guildmaster in Champions' Guild. Make sure you get the maze key by asking about Melzar's map piece, and also ask about Thalzar and Lozar's map pieces as well as where to find the right ship.
- If you don't already have an anti-dragon shield, speak to Duke Horacio.
Map pieces[edit | edit source]
- Map pieces can be obtained in any order.
- After obtaining all 3, combine them by using them on each other.
Thalzar's map piece[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Oracle on Ice Mountain. Make sure you have talked to the Guildmaster about where the Thalzar's map piece is.
- Enter the Dwarven mine and use silk, lobster pot, unfired bowl, (make sure to right click) wizard's mind bomb on the magic door at the north-east side of the mine. You should automatically enter the door.
- Enter the magic door, open the chest, and search the chest to receive a map piece. Press space or ensure that you finish the dialogue. (Re-entry doesn't require the re-use of the items if you make a mistake.)
Melzar's map piece[edit | edit source]
- Once you've gotten the Maze key from the Guildmaster head to Rimmington.
- Enter Melzar's Maze.
- Kill the small zombie rat with a long tail to get the key and enter the north-western door and climb up the ladder.
- Kill the ghost wearing a hood, a tube top, and no cape to get the key and enter the second door from the north on the eastern wall and climb up the ladder.
- Kill the skeleton with the round shield to get the key and enter the westmost door on the southern wall and climb down the ladder 3 times.
- Kill the zombies to get the key and enter the blue door.
- Kill Melzar the Mad to get the key and enter the purple (magenta) door.
- Kill the lesser demon to get the key and enter the green door. (Can be safespotted by luring him to the magenta door)
- Open and search the chest to receive a map piece.
Lozar's map piece[edit | edit source]
Items required: Ranged/magic/halberd and telegrab runes to kill Wormbrain or 10,000 coins
Obtaining a boat[edit | edit source]
- Grab 3 wood planks, 90 steel nails, a hammer, and 2,000 coins out of the bank.
- Talk to Klarense in the southern docks of Port Sarim by the Void Outpost boat and pay him 2,000 coins.
- Go on board, climb down the ladder and repair the hole 3 times.
- Talk to Ned in Draynor Village with the map in your inventory.
The fight[edit | edit source]
Items required: Anti-dragon shield, weapon, armour, food, and potions to defeat Elvarg. Recommended: Antifire potion (members), amulet of glory (members) with at least 1 charge to teleport to Edgeville.
Warning: if you leave Elvarg's cave for any reason you will need planks and nails again to re-repair the ship; however, if you complete the optional task of opening the wall south of Elvarg's cave, you will gain access to the lair easily through the Karamja volcano dungeon and without the need to travel to Crandor again.
- Prepare for the fight. Make sure you have your Antifire potion and Anti-dragon shield with you.
- Return to the boat you previously repaired in Port Sarim. Board the ship and talk to Captain Ned.
- Climb on top of the volcano and enter the hole. (After the cutscene climb back out of the hole for a Karamja medium task.)
- (Optional) Before teleporting out, head south from Elvarg's cave and open the wall to unlock another Karamja medium task.
- Head south and kill Elvarg. Depending on your level, you may flinch Elvarg in the south-east corner of her cave for a long, but safe fight. You will automatically collect her head as proof of your victory.
Finishing up[edit | edit source]
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 2 Quest points
- 18,650 Strength experience
- 18,650 Defence experience
- The ability to equip a green d'hide body, rune platebody, and dragon platebody
- Access to Crandor
- Access to the Corsair Cove Resource Area
- The ability to be assigned Dragons as a Slayer task (obtainable without completion)