Dragon claws are a pair of metallic claws made from dragon metal, obtained as a rare reward for completing a raid in the Chambers of Xeric. Equipping them requires level 60 Attack.
They are also temporarily obtainable from objects opened with bloodier keys during a game of Last Man Standing.
Dragon claws are notable for their special attack, which can deal a lot of damage in quick succession.
A player wearing dragon claws.
A player performing the dragon claws' special attack, Slice and Dice.
These claws feature a special attack, Slice and Dice, which drains 50% of the special attack bar and hits an enemy four times in succession, which is popularly used by PKers as a finisher. The damage calculation rolls against the opponent's slash defence .
There are multiple possible sequences for the special attack.
- First, a normal attack, which usually deals a high amount of damage, then half of that first hit, rounded down, and then the third and fourth hits are half of the second hit, rounded down. For example, 35–17–8–9.
- If the first hit misses and the second one hits, the 3rd and 4th hits will each deal half of the damage of the second hit. For example, 0–34–17–17.
- If the first two attacks hit 0–0, the 3rd and 4th attacks will each only deal 75% of your max hit. For example, 0–0–23–22.
- If the claws' first 3 hits are zeros, the last hit (if it is a non-zero) will have a 50% damage boost; e.g.: 0–0–0–46.
- If all hits miss, the 3rd and/or 4th hits will each be 1, e.g. 0–0–1–1.
- Also, each sequence may sometimes add one extra damage to the fourth hit, so an expected hit such as 32–16–8–8 might actually be 32–16–8–9.
If the player is on a Slayer task (and using a Slayer helmet or Black mask) wearing maximum strength gear, the highest possible hit sequence is 48–24–12–13, totalling up to 97. Against players, the highest sequence is 42–21–10–11, totalling up to 84. Although dragon dagger can hit higher (up to 94), its special attack rolls the two hits independently and it is less accurate, making high hits less consistent. Similarly, while crystal halberd can also hit very high in one special attack against a large monster, its slower attack speed and independent rolls make it perform worse on average.