|Released||25 February 2004 (Update)|
|Examine||A powerful dagger.|
|High alch||18,000 coins|
|Low alch||12,000 coins|
|Exchange||17,408 coins (info)|
The dragon dagger is the second-strongest dagger available in Old School RuneScape, behind the abyssal dagger. It can be wielded by players with at least 60 Attack after completion of the Lost City quest.
Special attack[edit | edit source]
The dragon dagger's special attack, Puncture, deals two hits at once with an extra 15% accuracy and 15% damage for each of the two hits, consuming 25% of the wielder's special attack energy. Puncture rolls against opponent's slash defence roll.
When used against other players, both hits are applied simultaneously. There is a slight delay between the two hits when the special is used on NPCs.
The special attack's highest possible hit under normal combat conditions is 48 damage for each of the two hits, or a total of 96 damage. Although rare, the poisoned dagger's special attack can occasionally stack with the poison damage, resulting in a theoretical damage stack of 102. Against a slayer target with a Black mask or Slayer helm equipped, the maximum becomes 52 per hit, dealing a maximum of 104 damage.
For these reasons, the dragon dagger is a staple 'knock-out' weapon in PvP combat, and a cheap option for a high damage spec weapon in PvM. Dragon claws are often superior, but carry a much higher price.
Combat styles[edit | edit source]
|Combat Options||Combat Style||Attack types||Style||Experience|
|Stab||Stab||Accurate||Attack and Hitpoints|
|Lunge||Stab||Aggressive||Strength and Hitpoints|
|Slash||Slash||Aggressive||Strength and Hitpoints|
|Block||Stab||Defensive||Defence and Hitpoints|
Item sources[edit | edit source]
Dragon dagger[edit | edit source]
|Brutal black dragon||318||1||1/128|
|Brutal blue dragon||271||1||1/128|
|Brutal red dragon||289||1||1/128|
|Choke devil||264||1||3 × 1/128|
|Crystal impling jar||2 (noted)||1/18|
|Crystal impling||80||2 (noted)||1/18|
|Dust devil||93; 110||1||1/128|
|Magpie impling jar||1||1/20|
|Revenant dark beast||120||1||1/123.75|
|Reward casket (elite)||N/A||1||1/32.3|
|Reward casket (master)||N/A||1||1/30.3|
|Shadow Wyrm||267||1||3 × 1/76|
Dragon dagger(p++)[edit | edit source]
|Dragon impling jar||3 (noted)||1/19|
Shop locations[edit | edit source]
|Rasolo the Wandering Merchant||South of Baxtorian Falls||1||5m||60,000||3,000|
|Blades by Urbi.||Sophanem||0||N/A||45,000||7,500|
|Myths' Guild Weaponry||2nd floor[UK]3rd floor[US] of Myths' Guild||2||5m||30,000||18,000|
Changes[edit | edit source]
|6 February 2020
The tooltip for the dragon dagger's special attack now correctly states its accuracy buff as 15%.
|29 January 2015
The item "drag dagger" has been renamed "dragon dagger".
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The stranger that may be encountered during Desert Treasure uses a poisoned dragon dagger, and is capable of using the special attack rapidly. Saradomin wizards and melee-using Ancient Wizards also use a poisoned dragon dagger.
- If the dragon dagger's special attack deals more damage than required to kill the opponent, it will provide experience for the surplus damage, like other weapons with a multi-hit special attack, such as dragon claws.
- The dragon dagger is one of only three daggers with its blade pointing down; the other two are Keris and the abyssal dagger.
- Prior to August 22, 2006, weapon poison(+) and weapon poison(++) variants of the dragon dagger were named dragon dagger(+), which was for extra strong weapon poison, and dragon dagger(s), which was for super weapon poison. This was later changed to the current (p+) and (p++) naming convention to avoid confusion with Saradomin items, which also use (s).
References[edit | edit source]
- Jagex. "Naming conventions." 22 August 2006. Old School RuneScape News.