|Released||20 September 2004 (Update)|
|Examine||A dragon halberd.|
|High alch||150,000 coins|
|Low alch||100,000 coins|
|Exchange||148,967 coins (info)|
The dragon halberd is a two-handed weapon made from Dragon metal. It can be purchased at Tyras Camp for 325,000 coins or the Bounty Hunter Shop for 900,000 bounties, or it may be obtained as a common reward from Master Treasure Trails caskets.
This weapon requires 60 Attack and 30 Strength to wield as well as completion of the Regicide quest. Like all halberds, the dragon halberd can attack at a range of 2 squares, making it the only melee weapon type that one may safespot monsters with.
As with all halberds and dragon weapons, this item cannot be made using the Smithing skill.
Combat styles[edit | edit source]
|Combat Options||Combat Style||Type||Experience|
|Swipe||Slash||Strength and Hitpoints|
|Fend||Stab||Defence and Hitpoints|
Special attack[edit | edit source]
The dragon halberd has a special attack called Sweep, consuming 30% of the player's special attack energy. In addition to a 10% damage boost, if used against "large" monsters (anything that is larger than 1x1, such as General Graardor), the special attack will deal an additional second hit onto them, although with 25% reduced accuracy. It can also hit 10 NPCs in a multi-combat area in a 3x1 area centred on the main target. In PVP, it can only hit three players.
Special attack's accuracy rolls against opponents slash defence roll.
Large monsters[edit | edit source]
- Note that a monster is considered to be "large" if it takes up more than one square of space.
- Aberrant spectres
- Brawlers in Pest Control
- Cave horrors
- Dark beasts
- All varieties of dragons, including baby dragons
- Giant bats
- Giant Rock Crabs
- Monkey Guards
- Mounted terrorbird gnomes
- Portals in Pest Control
- Tortured and demonic gorillas
- Trolls (does not work on Mountain trolls)
- Wolves and dire wolves
- Most of the TzHaar Fight Cave monsters
- Various boss monsters: Chaos Elemental, the Corporeal Beast, the Kalphite Queen, the Giant Mole, the King Black Dragon (cannot use a dragon halberd, as it is two handed, unless using a super antifire potion), God Wars Dungeon generals (except for General Kree'arra, who cannot be attacked by melee despite the extra reach of the dragon halberd) and the Dagannoth Kings (Supreme).
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
|Reward Chest (The Gauntlet)||N/A||1 (noted)||1/24|
|Reward Chest (The Gauntlet) (Corrupted)||N/A||1–2 (noted)||1/24|
|Reward casket (master)||N/A||1||1/30.3|
|Zulrah||725||1||2 x 2/248|
Store locations[edit | edit source]
|Bounty Hunter Shop||Edgeville||∞||8||N/A|
|Quartermaster's Stores||Tyras Camp||5||325,000||100,000|
Changes[edit | edit source]
|26 April 2019
||experience rates.The dragon halberd special attack was limited to three targets in PVP, to prevent unintentionally high|
|7 June 2018
|The dragon halberd's special attack used to only hit the main target on the central tile, but hit an unlimited amount of monsters on the two adjacent tiles. Now, it caps the maximum number of monsters to 10, but allows monsters standing on the same tile as the primary target to also be affected by the attack.|
References[edit | edit source]
- Jagex. Old School RuneScape's Twitter account. 26 April 2019. Old School RuneScape: "A hotfix has been deployed to cap the Crystal halberd, Crystal halberd (i), Dragon halberd, and Dragon two handed sword special attacks to hit a maximum of 3 players in PvP. This is to prevent players achieving unintentionally high xp rates while a long term fix is discussed."