|Released||20 September 2004 (Update)|
|Examine||A dragon halberd.|
|High alch||150,000 coins|
|Low alch||100,000 coins|
|Exchange||149,153 coins (info)|
The dragon halberd is the second strongest halberd in Old School RuneScape, and can only be equipped with 60 Attack, 30 Strength, and completion of the Regicide quest. Like all halberds, the dragon halberd is a two-handed weapon and can attack at a range of 2 squares, making it useful as a melee weapon type that can be used to safespot monsters.
Like most halberds, it has similar damage-per-second to its two-handed sword counterpart, due to bearing the same attack speed and similar combat stats. Specifically, compared to the dragon 2h sword, the dragon halberd trades 4 strength bonus in exchange for 3 additional slash attack bonus and some defensive bonuses, alongside the unique range bonus. Furthermore, its special attack, Sweep, also bears resemblance to the dragon 2h sword's special, Powerstab, because it hits multiple targets at once.
As with all halberds and dragon weapons, this item cannot be made using the Smithing skill.
Combat styles[edit | edit source]
|Category: Polearm||Combat Style||Style type||Weapon Style||Experience||Invisible Boost|
|Jab||Stab||Controlled||Attack, Strength, Defence, and Hitpoints||+1 Attack, Strength, and Defence|
|Swipe||Slash||Aggressive||Strength and Hitpoints||+3 Strength|
|Fend||Stab||Defensive||Defence and Hitpoints||+3 Defence|
Special attack[edit | edit source]
The dragon halberd has a special attack called Sweep, consuming 30% of the player's special attack energy. In addition to a 10% damage boost, if used against "large" monsters (anything that is larger than 1x1, such as General Graardor), the special attack will deal an additional second hit onto them, although with 25% reduced accuracy. It can also hit 10 NPCs in a multi-combat area in a 3x1 area centred on the main target. In PvP, it can only hit three players. This can deal very high damage in multi-combat situations where there are many enemies in close vicinity.
Special attack's accuracy rolls against opponents slash defence roll.
Large monsters[edit | edit source]
- Note that a monster is considered to be "large" if it takes up more than one square of space.
- Aberrant spectres
- Brawlers in Pest Control
- Cave horrors
- Dark beasts
- All varieties of dragons, including baby dragons
- Giant bats
- Giant Rock Crabs
- Monkey Guards
- Mounted terrorbird gnomes
- Portals in Pest Control
- Tortured and demonic gorillas
- Trolls (does not work on Mountain trolls)
- Wolves and dire wolves
- Most of the TzHaar Fight Cave monsters
- Various boss monsters: Chaos Elemental, the Corporeal Beast, the Kalphite Queen, the Giant Mole, the King Black Dragon (cannot use a dragon halberd, as it is two handed, unless using a super antifire potion), God Wars Dungeon generals (except for General Kree'arra, who cannot be attacked by melee despite the extra reach of the dragon halberd) and the Dagannoth Kings (Supreme).
Item sources[edit | edit source]
|Reward Chest (The Gauntlet)||N/A||1 (noted)||2 × 1/24|
|Reward Chest (The Gauntlet) (Corrupted)||N/A||1–2 (noted)||3 × 0.5/24|
|Reward casket (master)||N/A||1||1/30.3|
|Zulrah||725||1||2 × 2/248|
Shop locations[edit | edit source]
|Quartermaster's Stores||Tyras Camp||5||5m||325,000||100,000|
Changes[edit | edit source]
|26 April 2019
|7 June 2018
The dragon halberd's special attack used to only hit the main target on the central tile, but hit an unlimited amount of monsters on the two adjacent tiles. Now, it caps the maximum number of monsters to 10, but allows monsters standing on the same tile as the primary target to also be affected by the attack.
|26 January -
29 March 2005
The item's inventory sprite was adjusted.
Gallery (historical)[edit | edit source]
|20 September 2004 –
|January-March 2005 –|
References[edit | edit source]
- Jagex. Old School RuneScape's Twitter account. 26 April 2019. (Archived from the original on 28 May 2020.) Old School RuneScape: "A hotfix has been deployed to cap the Crystal halberd, Crystal halberd (i), Dragon halberd, and Dragon two handed sword special attacks to hit a maximum of 3 players in PvP. This is to prevent players achieving unintentionally high xp rates while a long term fix is discussed."