Dream Mentor/Quick guide
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Talk to the fallen man in the small cave in the Lunar Isle mine.|
|Description||Gielinor is not the safest place to live - dragons, trolls, demons... dangerous and despicable monsters of all sorts roam free. In this quest, you must help a fellow adventurer that doesn't do so well against these threats. With perseverance and the magical help of the Moon Clan, there should be no monster that can't be beaten. But is that really true? How about the monsters in your dreams? How about your own inescapable fears? How would you defeat them? Well, you'll soon find out as a tough and often bizarre quest awaits those of a strong will!|
|Official length||Short – Medium|
|Enemies to defeat|
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Helping the fallen man[edit | edit source]
Items required: 3 Kinds of food, 6-7 of each, Seal of Passage.
- Travel to Lunar Isle.
- Enter the mine in the north-east area of Lunar Isle.
- Crawl through the cave entrance ( Quest minimap icon).
- Talk to the fallen man, follow the dialogue and close the interface when it appears.
- Feed him 4 food, starting with one you have seven of, while cycling through your different foods. Avoid using the same food twice in a row.
- Talk to him again.
- Feed him 4 more food as before.
- Talk to him and keep reassuring him with positive responses until he sits up (cutscene).
- Feed him 6 more food.
- Talk again multiple times using positive responses until he stands up (cutscene), and once more after he stands up.
- Talk to 'Bird's-Eye' Jack in the bank.
- Select the following equipment (if your combat level is determined by your melee skills):
Use NPC Contact spell to make sure you get the right things for him. If your combat level is determined by your magic/range level, select different equipment
- Return and talk to Cyrisus for a cutscene.
- Use the remaining food on him.
- Talk to him again multiple times, giving positive responses until you receive a cutscene. If you don't receive it, feed him a couple more times.
Dream potion[edit | edit source]
- Talk to the Oneiromancer at the astral altar for a dream vial.
- (Optional) Change your spellbook as necessary if you wish to use magic in the final fight.
- Fill the vial with water, add a goutweed.
- Use your hammer on an Astral rune, then grind the shards with a pestle and mortar.
- Add your ground astral rune to the dream vial to complete the potion.
- Prepare for 4 fights. Prayers and emergency teleports won't work. Do not bank your seal of passage.
Dreamland[edit | edit source]
For a detailed explanation of how to combat the upcoming enemies, refer to the full quest guide.
Note: You cannot use Prayer. You cannot use emergency teleports - the only way to leave during the fight is using the lectern, however, you'll have to start over from the beginning.
Magic Strategy 1: If you have Ancient Magicks unlocked, a simple strategy would be to bring runes for Blood Burst and Ice Burst. Setting your staff to autocast Blood Burst while manually casting Ice Burst to freeze the enemy as needed. The Burst spells area of effect damage works well against the multiple Doubt's which spawn around you. The healing effect of Blood Burst can keep you alive if you run out of food.
- Light the Ceremonial Brazier in the long hall building.
- Talk to Cyrisus.
- During the fight, you can leave at any time by using the lectern.
- Return to the Oneiromancer.
Congratulations! Quest complete!
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 2 Quest points
- 15,000 Hitpoints experience
- 10,000 Magic experience
- 7 new spells added to your Lunar spells book (Monster Examine, Humidify, Hunter Kit, Stat Spy, Dream, Plank Make, Spellbook Swap)
- A dreamy lamp, which awards 15,000 experience in a combat skill of a player's choosing, apart from Attack and Prayer.
- 'Birds-Eye' Jack will now allow you to use the bank without a seal of passage equipped or in your inventory.