Eadgar's Ruse/Quick guide
|Eadgar's Ruse (#60)|
|Release date||5 October 2004 (Update)|
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Talk to Sanfew in Taverley|
|Description||Sanfew requires a rare herb for the next part of the purifying ritual. Travel back to the Troll Stronghold to find this herb that the trolls use as an ingredient for their favourite dish.|
|Official length||Long (40 minutes), has a lot of walking.|
|Enemies to defeat||None|
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Starting out[edit | edit source]
(Required items: Vodka, Pineapple chunks, Climbing boots) (Recommended items: Ardougne Teleport tablet or runes, Prayer Potions, Food, Armour, and a Dramen Staff, Slayer Ring, Games Necklace, or Combat Bracelet to get to Eadgar's Cave quickly)
- Talk to Sanfew (top floor of the Taverley herblore store) (if boosting Herblore, boost before talking to him) , or if you have completed Zogre Flesh Eaters).
- Talk to Eadgar in his cave at Trollheim. (See Map)
- (If you're not sure if you've freed Eadgar, check in his cave at the top of the Trollheim mountain, you should have freed him near the end of Troll Stronghold, you can also check your Troll Stronghold quest it will say : "I've rescued Godric and Mad Eadgar.".)
- Travel west and enter the Troll Stronghold.
- Run south and take the stairs down.
- Talk to Burntmeat.
- Travel to Ardougne Zoo, talk to Parroty Pete and ask him both questions.
- Use vodka (right click it to avoid accidentally drinking it) on the pineapple chunks.
- Use alco-chunks on the aviary hatch (west side of parrot cage).
- Do not drop the parrot or it will fly away and you will need to retrieve it from Eadgar.
- Use a Slayer Ring to teleport to the Fremennik Slayer Dungeon or a Dramen Staff with (code ajr) to minimise time spent walking to Trollheim
The parrot[edit | edit source]
- Return to Eadgar, talk to him.
- Talk to Eadgar again.
- Go back to the Troll Stronghold.
- Run north and go down both flights of stairs.
- Use the parrot on the rack north of the cells.
Making the "human"[edit | edit source]
(Required items: Climbing boots, 2 Logs, Tinderbox, Pestle and mortar, 10 Grain, 5 Raw chicken, Ranarr potion (unf), Herblore boosting item if below 31)
- Talk to Tegid in Taverley for a dirty robe. (He can be found SE of Herblore store) Pick up 10 Grain south of Doric's house if you need them.
- Return to Eadgar's cave and talk to Eadgar. Kill 5 chickens on the way at Tenzing's house if you need Raw chicken.
- Pick a thistle near the patches of grass around Eadgar's cave entrance. (Note: Relog if you cannot find the thistle)
- Talk to Eadgar. Give him the items and he will tell you how to make the potion.
- Cook the thistle with your other log. ( You may also use one of the fires near the trolls to the west. )
- Grind the dried thistle and add it to a ranarr potion (unf).
- Talk to Eadgar.
- Retrieve your parrot from the rack in the troll stronghold.
- Talk to Eadgar.
- Give the fake man to Burntmeat.
- Search the kitchen drawers to the south-east.
Getting the goutweed[edit | edit source]
- Go down the stairs in the northmost part of the kitchen to the storeroom.
- Sneak to the back and take goutweed. Note:
- You will take 0-6 damage if caught. Protect from missiles will negate this.
- Run to the tile next to the goutweed, clicking on the goutweed to move to it will get you stuck on the guard.
- It is highly recommended you take 2 extra goutweed for Dream Mentor and Dragon Slayer II.
- If you stand on the same tile as the door and click search on the Goutweed Crate just before the two Guards meet right below the door you can run straight though. Flick Protect from Missiles to escape the menu and avoid damage from the sleeping Guard.
- Give Sanfew the goutweed.
Reward[edit | edit source]
- 1 Quest Quest point
- 11,000 Herblore Herblore experience
- The ability to grow and steal Goutweed, which can be traded for herbs.
- The ability to use the Trollheim Teleport spell.
- The ability to use a Scroll of redirection to redirect a Teleport to house tablet to Trollheim.
Required for completing[edit | edit source]