Eadgar's Ruse/Quick guide
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Talk to Sanfew in Taverley|
|Description||Sanfew requires a rare herb for the next part of the purifying ritual. Travel back to the Troll Stronghold to find this herb that the trolls use as an ingredient for their favourite dish.|
|Official length||Medium – Long|
|Enemies to defeat||None|
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Starting out[edit | edit source]
(Required items: Vodka, Pineapple chunks, Climbing boots) (Recommended items: Ardougne Teleport tablet or runes, prayer potions, food, armour, and a Dramen Staff, slayer ring, games necklace, or combat bracelet to get to Eadgar's Cave quickly)
- Climb to the top of Trollheim, using the agility shortcuts if you can to save time, and enter Eadgar's Cave (see map for path alternatives).
- If you have not yet freed Eadgar in the troll stronghold's prison, pickpocket (30+ ) or kill Berry the northern sleeping troll guard and use the cell key 2 on Eadgar's cell. Check your Troll Stronghold quest log and there will be a line that will either say "I've rescued Godric" or "I've rescued Godric and Mad Eadgar" to make sure.
- Speak with Eadgar in his cave.
- Go to Burntmeat's Kitchen, which is at the south end of the middle floor of the stronghold.
- Talk to Burntmeat.
- Return to Eadgar and speak with him.
Secret Door through Rellekka Route
- For the secret door path, Slayer ring teleport to the Fremennik Slayer Dungeon or use the Fairy ring with (code AJR) to teleport outside the Dungeon entrance.
- Head north-east to a narrow passage, climb over the rocks, and go through the secret entrance to the north.
- If you have not yet freed Eadgar in the troll stronghold's prison, pickpocket (30+ ) or kill Berry the northern sleeping troll guard and use the cell key 2 on Eagdar's cell. Check your Troll Stronghold quest log and there will be a line that will either say "I've rescued Godric" or "I've rescued Godric and Mad Eadgar" to make sure.
- Head to Burntmeat's Kitchen, which is at the south end of the middle floor of the stronghold.
- Talk to Burntmeat.
- Go speak with Eadgar, whose cave is at the top of Trollheim.
The parrot[edit | edit source]
- Travel to Ardougne Zoo, talk to Parroty Pete and ask him both questions.
- Use vodka (right click it to avoid accidentally drinking it) on the pineapple chunks.
- Use alco-chunks on the aviary hatch (west side of parrot cage).
- Do not drop the parrot or it will fly away and you will need to retrieve it from Eadgar.
- Talk to Eadgar in his cave at Trollheim about making the fake human.
- Go back to the Troll Stronghold. You may skip this and use the parrot on your way back to Eadgar in the next section if using the agility way.
- Run north and go down both flights of stairs.
- Use the parrot on the rack north of the cells.
- Return to Eadgar
Making the "human"[edit | edit source]
(Required items: Note: You will need 21 inventory spaces to do this in one trip. Climbing Boots, Tinderbox, Pestle and Mortar, 2 logs, 5 raw chicken, 10 grain, Ranarr potion (unf), Herblore boosting item if below 31. Chicken, grain, 1 log and dirty robe can be handed in to Eadgar separately.)
- Talk to Tegid in Taverley south-east of the Herblore store for a dirty robe.
- Pick a thistle in one of the grass patches near Eadgar's cave entrance. It is very small and coloured the same as the grass. Zoom in close on each patch to find a green flower around the patch of grass. It can be hard to see. Note that it only spawns in one of the patches of grass at a time.
- Enter Eadgar's cave and talk to Eadgar.
- Light a fire with your other log and cook the thistle on it to make a dried thistle. (You may also use one of the fires near the trolls to the west.)
- Use the pestle and mortar on the dried thistle and add it to a ranarr potion (unf).
- Talk to Eadgar.
- Retrieve your parrot from the rack in the troll stronghold.
- Talk to Eadgar.
- Give the fake man to Burntmeat.
- Search the kitchen drawers by the south wall to obtain a storeroom key.
Getting the goutweed[edit | edit source]
- Go down the nearby stairs inside the kitchen to the storeroom.
- Sneak to the back and take goutweed. Note:
Run to the tile next to the goutweed; clicking on the goutweed to move to it will get you stuck on the guard.
You will take 0-6 damage if caught during the puzzle. Protect from missiles will negate this.
- It is highly recommended you take 2 extra goutweed for Dream Mentor and Dragon Slayer II. You can only get one Goutweed per trip.
If you stand on the same tile as the door (where you end up when you select -Open Door-) and -search- the Goutweed Crate just before the two Guards meet right below (south of) the door you can run straight through, depending on how the trolls are synced, which can be slightly off on some worlds.
- Another method is to start on the door tile like before and -search- Goutweed, just as the darker troll with a shield (slightly south-west of the door tile) makes its turn on the south-eastern corner of its square route (if you fail, remember which troll hit you and gauge the timing during your next try.
Flick Protect from Missiles to avoid damage from the sleeping Guard. If you can't make it all the way in one go, use this same method of standing in the doorway & timing your run to the final hiding spot, tile just east of the goutweed crates.
- Return the goutweed to Sanfew.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 1 Quest point
- 11,000 Herblore experience
- The ability to grow and steal Goutweed, which can be traded with Sanfew for herbs.
- 1 Burnt Meat
- The ability to use the Trollheim Teleport spell.
- The ability to use a Scroll of redirection to redirect a Teleport to house tablet to Trollheim.
Required for completing[edit | edit source]