Eagles' Peak/Quick guide
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Speak to Charlie, one of the keepers at Ardougne Zoo.|
|Description||The Ardougne Zoo is always looking for new specimens, but one of their anticipated new attractions - a ferret from the north - has been proving elusive.
One of the Zoo's more eccentric freelance specimen hunters is reported to be on the case, but after setting out for the far western reaches, somewhere between the Piscatoris Fishing Colony and the Tree Gnome Stronghold, nothing more has been heard from him.Will you be able to use your skills as a Hunter to track him down? What else will you discover at the mountain known as Eagles' Peak?
|Enemies to defeat||Kebbit (level 13) (optional)|
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Getting started[edit | edit source]
Eagles' Peak[edit | edit source]
- Head to Eagles' Peak west of the Tree Gnome Stronghold.
- Go to the northern side of the mountain's base to a campsite (by the agility shortcut on the world map).
- Inspect the books for a Bird book.
- Click on the book to obtain a Metal feather.
- Climb the rocks attached to the mountain next to the campsite, or follow the grey path southeast of the campsite if you don't have 25 Agility.
- Use the metal feather on the Rocky outcrop and enter the cave.
- In the dungeon, go east to the Y-shaped intersection, then head south to the edge of the canyon.
- Try to take one of the giant feathers from the south-western most pile to receive eagle feathers, and Nickolaus will shout at you.
- Pick up 10 eagle feathers from any pile on the ground.
The disguise[edit | edit source]
Items required: 10 eagle feathers, 50 gp, swamp tar, yellow dye.
The feathers[edit | edit source]
Bronze feather[edit | edit source]
Silver feather[edit | edit source]
- Exit the tunnel and enter the next tunnel to the north.
- Inspect the pedestal and complete the trail by inspecting the first rock to the east, then the rocks to the north-east. (27 Hunter Required)
- Inspect the opening in the wall north-east of the cave and threaten the kebbit. Select taunt.
- Pick up the Silver feather.
Golden feather[edit | edit source]
- Exit the tunnel back to the main dungeon and run up the farthest north-east path.
- Go through the tunnel entrance.
The puzzle[edit | edit source]
Note: If the puzzle gets messed up, there is a reset lever outside of the chamber.
- Take 6 handfuls of bird seed near the entrance.
- Pull the lever marked (1).
- Place bird seed in (2).
- Place bird seed in (3).
- Pull lever (4).
- Return to lever (5) and push it.
- Place bird seed in (6).
- Pull lever (7).
- Place bird seed in (8).
- Pull lever (9).
- Place bird seed in (10).
- Place bird seed in (11) (the same feeder as 6).
- Retrieve the golden feather from the pedestal west.
The eagle door[edit | edit source]
- Exit the golden feather tunnel and head to the door south of Nickolaus.
- Use each 3 feather on the door's eagle carving and enter it (the metal one only opens the dungeon).
- Equip the Eagle cape and Fake beak you made for yourself earlier.
- While wearing the disguise, click the Giant eagle and 'walk-past the Giant eagle' and talk to Nickolaus.
Finishing up[edit | edit source]
- Exit the eagle's dungeon and go back to the campsite north of the mountain.
- Talk to Nickolaus.
- Once the cutscene is over, you will have a ferret in your inventory. (Do not release it or you will have to catch another.)
- Go back to the Ardougne Zoo and talk to Charlie.
Note: After completing the quest, return with a rope and use it on each eagle to ride them to their destinations and back. The fastest way back to the transport eagle is by teleporting to Eagle's Eyrie using a necklace of passage which brings you next to the cave with the desert eagle (45 Strength required to push boulder). Riding to each destination from Eagles' Peak will complete medium tasks in the Fremennik, Desert, and Western Provinces Diaries. Additionally, bring a teasing stick, thatching spar, or garden cane to grow the vine for entrance to the jungle eagle's nest. If you bring one of these three items to grow the vine, make sure you do this last, as you cannot re-enter the jungle eagle's nest until the vine is grown (takes about 40 minutes).
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 2 Quest points
- 2500 Hunter experience
- Ability to use box traps
- Access to the Eagle transport system
- Captured ferrets can be used to flush rabbits from their holes, allowing them to be caught in rabbit snares
- A box trap
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
- Medium Desert Diary
- Medium Western Provinces Diary
- Medium Fremennik Diary
- Medium Kourend & Kebos Diary