Eagles' Peak/Quick guide
|Eagles' Peak (#115)|
|Release date||28 November 2006 (Update)|
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Speak to Charlie, one of the keepers at Ardougne Zoo.|
|Description||The Ardougne Zoo is always looking for new specimens, but one of their anticipated new attractions - a ferret from the north - has been proving elusive.
One of the Zoo's more eccentric freelance specimen hunters is reported to be on the case, but after setting out for the far western reaches, somewhere between the Piscatoris Fishing Colony and the Tree Gnome Stronghold, nothing more has been heard from him.Will you be able to use your skills as a Hunter to track him down? What else will you discover at the mountain known as Eagles' Peak?
|Enemies to defeat||Kebbit (level 13) (optional)|
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Getting started[edit | edit source]
Eagles' Peak[edit | edit source]
- Head to Eagles' Peak west of the Tree Gnome Stronghold, or use fairy ring code AKQ (use the boat north-east of the fairy ring) or Necklace of passage (second option, The outpost). The fastest way to get there is taking the rowboat just south-east of the Piscatoris Colony Teleport Scroll.
- Go to the northern side of the mountain's base to a campsite.
- Inspect the books for a Bird book.
- Click on the book to obtain a Metal feather.
- Climb the rocks attached to the mountain next to the campsite.
- Use the metal feather on the Rocky outcrop and enter the cave.
- In the dungeon, go east to the intersection, then head south to the edge of a canyon.
- Try to take one of the giant feathers from the south-western most pile, and Nickolaus will shout at you.
- Pick up 10 giant feathers from the piles on the ground throughout the dungeon.
The disguise[edit | edit source]
The feathers[edit | edit source]
Bronze feather[edit | edit source]
Silver feather[edit | edit source]
Golden feather[edit | edit source]
- Exit the tunnel back to the main dungeon and run down the farthest north-east path.
- Go through the tunnel entrance.
The puzzle[edit | edit source]
Note: If the puzzle gets messed up, there is a reset lever outside of the chamber.
- Take at least 6 handfuls of bird seed from the pile near the entrance of the cave.
- 1. First pull the lever, which is just north-west of the start.
- 2. Walk to the south-eastern part of the dungeon. Then, place some bird seed in most south-eastern bird feeder. (marked 2)
- 3. Place some bird seed in the bird feeder next to the one you just filled. (marked 3)
- 4. Pull the eastern lever.
- 5. Walk back to the handle you pulled the first time, just north-west of the start, and pull it again.
- 6. Walk to the southern part of the dungeon, and put bird seed in the feeder south of the lever you just pulled and east of the lever in the southern part.
- 7. Pull the lever in the southern part of the dungeon.
- 8. Go back to the lever you started at, which is just north-west of the start, and put bird feed in the feeder.
- 9. Pull the lever in the north-western part of the dungeon.
- 10. Go to the southern part of the dungeon, and put bird feed in the bird feeder closest to the lever there.
- 11. Place some feed in the bird feeder in the corner of the rails to the east of the bird feeder from step 10.
- Retrieve the golden feather from the pedestal.
The eagle door[edit | edit source]
Finishing up[edit | edit source]
- Exit the eagle's dungeon and go back to the campsite north of the mountain.
- Talk to Nickolaus.
- Once the cutscene is over, you will have a ferret in your inventory. (DO NOT RELEASE IT!)
- Go back to the Ardougne Zoo and talk to Charlie.
NOTE: After completing the quest return with a rope and use it on each eagle to ride them to their destinations and back. This will complete medium tasks in the Fremennik, Desert, and Western Provinces Diaries. Optionally, bring a teasing stick, thatching spar, or garden cane to grow the vine for entrance to the jungle eagle's nest.
Reward[edit | edit source]
- 2 Quest points
- 2,500 Hunter experience
- Ability to use box traps
- Access to the Eagle transport system
- Captured ferrets can be used to flush rabbits from their holes, allowing them to be caught in rabbit snares
- Box trap
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
- Medium Desert Diary
- Medium Western Provinces Diary
- Medium Fremennik Diary
- Medium Kourend & Kebos Diary