|Released||15 February 2005 (Update)|
|Examine||A token with ectoplasm on it.|
|High alch||0 coins|
|Low alch||0 coins|
Obtaining Ecto-tokens[edit | edit source]
Ecto-tokens can be earned by worshipping the Ectofuntus, granting 5 tokens and a certain amount of Prayer experience per worship. Players need any type of bones, a pot and a bucket of slime to complete the ritual, with one of each required for every offering. Players must first grind the bones into a pot using the Bone grinder on the first floor of the Ectofuntus. The bones and slime will be consumed, leaving you with the empty bucket and empty pot. This will grant four times the usual Prayer experience. Speaking with a ghost disciple while wearing a ghostspeak amulet or Morytania legs 2+ allows the player to claim the tokens.
Uses[edit | edit source]
Before completing the Ghosts Ahoy quest, players need to pay a toll of 2 ecto-tokens whenever they want to enter the fallen city Port Phasmatys. However, this toll can be ignored by chartering a ship to the city instead. After the quest, no more toll has to be paid.
Ecto-tokens are always required for two quests:
- Between 25 and 31 tokens for Ghosts Ahoy, depending on how you enter the city.
- 20 tokens for Animal Magnetism.
They also have several more uses:
- Purchasing ale yeast from Metarialus for 5 tokens. However, this may also be bought from Blandebir for only 25 coins.
- Purchasing an undead chicken from Alice's husband after the Animal Magnetism quest for 10 tokens.
- Travelling to Dragontooth Island costs 25 tokens, reduced to 10 while wearing the ring of charos (a). You may also give the ghost captain 500 tokens for permanently free trips to the island. The island has no uses after the Ghosts Ahoy quest, other than being part of certain elite and master clue scrolls.
- Charging the Bonecrusher and Bonecrusher necklace for 25 charges per token used. This tool is a reward from the hard Morytania Diary and, when charged, buries bones of slain enemies instantly.
Changes[edit | edit source]
|13 July 2017
(update | poll)
The Ectofuntus can be used until there are 1000 ecto-tokens held by the Ghost disciples.
|24 September 2015
The ecto-token limit at the Ectofuntus has been raised to 65, allowing 13 bones to be offered in a single inventory.
|5 March 2015
(update | poll)
|4 October 2005 –
7 February 2006
The item's examine was changed from "A token with ectoplasm on." to "A token with ectoplasm on it."
Gallery[edit | edit source]