|Released||4 January 2001 (Update)|
|Teleports||• Amulet of glory|
Ring of returning
|Location on World Map|
Edgeville is a small town located at the border of the Wilderness available to free players. In the early development of RuneScape Classic, Edgeville only had empty buildings. It was commonly referred to as "Ghost Town" until items were placed in the buildings and was given an official name, Edgeville. Edgeville is also a popular town to trade player killing-related items. This includes sharks, various potions, dragon weapons, and other combat related items. It is also the bank used by players training Runecraft via the Abyss. Edgeville is also popular with high levelled members who own several amulets of glory, as it is the fastest bank to get to via a teleport.
Travel[edit | edit source]
- Edgeville can be entered from the north from the Wilderness, from the east from the plot of land north of Varrock, and from the south by Barbarian Village.
- An amulet of glory can be used to teleport just outside the bank.
- The Ring of returning can be used, provided the player has paid to have Edgeville set as their spawn point by paying Krystilia.
- Fairy ring code dkr is just across the river.
- From Barbarian Village, Lumbridge and the Champions' Guild by canoe.
- Edgeville and other teleports in or near the Wilderness can be accessed using Ancient Magicks.
- Minigame teleport to Soul Wars and entering the portal, selecting Edgeville.
- Using the ring of dueling to teleport to Ferox Enclave, one can head north to the enclave's dungeon, enter the Soul Wars Portal, then reenter the portal, selecting Edgeville. This circumvents the cooldown from using the minigame teleport directly to Soul Wars, and provides a rapid teleport for ironmen who cannot yet access fairy rings.
There are some guards near the eastern part of the town, but they are not aggressive. However, skeletons are north of the town in the Wilderness. These skeletons are aggressive, so players should beware of them. Near the skeletons is also the entrance to the Abyss.
Banks[edit | edit source]
It is also popular with higher level players who own several amulets of glory as it is currently the quickest bank to get to via a teleport - very slightly better than the glory teleport to Draynor Village, and about the same as a ring of dueling to Castle Wars bank but without the cost of the ring.
On the north wall of the Edgeville bank players can find the Wilderness Statistics board. This is used to figure out their Wilderness kill death ratio, and includes the kill death ratios of nearby players.
Stores[edit | edit source]
Perdu[edit | edit source]
Perdu is a travelling dwarven merchant found on the 1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US] of the Edgeville General Store. He will return certain reward items to you if he thinks you have lost them, although his prices are higher than what you would pay elsewhere. The items on Perdu's list are things that you normally could get back for free, or for a smaller payment of coins.
Edgeville General Store[edit | edit source]
Oziach (shop)[edit | edit source]
The shopkeeper, Oziach, sells rune platebodies and green d'hide bodies if the player has completed the Dragon Slayer I quest. Both the rune platebodies and green d'hide bodies are much cheaper on the Grand Exchange than at this shop.
Trees[edit | edit source]
Edgeville has two great yew trees just a little south of the bank in a destroyed building. Because of the trees being so close to the bank, many players like to cut these yew trees and transport them quickly to the bank when their inventory is full and repeat.
Dungeons[edit | edit source]
Edgeville has a dungeon entrance right beside the yew trees in the destroyed mausoleum. It is an underground dungeon and is home to a variety of monsters, including skeletons, hobgoblins, zombies, and Hill Giants. The giants' lair had been expanded by Jagex several times over the years. The giants' lair is often full of players fighting Hill Giants because of the giants' drops, which include big bones. Low level players are often advised to stay away from this dungeon.
There is also a mid-size mine at the centre of the dungeon and it is guarded by level 25 skeletons, bothering mid and low level players. This mine contains adamantite, mithril, silver, coal and iron rocks.
For members, there is a part of the dungeon that is actually in the Wilderness. In this part you can find chaos druids, earth warriors, black demons, lots of red spiders' eggs respawns, and the demon Chronozon for the Family Crest quest.
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Dragon Slayer I - In Dragon Slayer I, players must talk to Oziach after they have started the quest in the Champions' Guild. Oziach is located west of Edgeville.
- Garden of Tranquillity - The player must throw their ring of charos down the well in Edgeville in order to progress with the quest.
- Recipe for Disaster - The house to the west of the bank features heavily in the Evil Dave section of the quest.
- The Great Brain Robbery - Players must find an ancient prayer book to help save the monks.
Treasure Trails[edit | edit source]
- Digging just east of the southern yew tree is the solution to a hard cryptic clue: Come to the evil ledge, Yew know yew want to. Try not to get stung.
Miscellaneous[edit | edit source]
Ranges[edit | edit source]
Edgeville has a range and a stove. The range is on the 1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US] of the general store and the stove is in Evil Dave's house just west of the bank. The stove is very close to the bank, so it's a great place to withdraw food, cook it on the stove, deposit it in the bank, and repeat.
Water sources[edit | edit source]
Jail[edit | edit source]
Players can fight the guards at this jail. The jail also has a respawning iron mace. Krystilia, a slayer master, is located in a jail cell. She can assign Wilderness Slayer tasks, and can change players' respawn to Edgeville for a one-time fee of 5,000,000 coins.
Furnace[edit | edit source]
There was a furnace added in an update as part of the Achievement Diaries. There are no requirements to use the furnace, but members can wear Varrock armour 1 or above to obtain a bonus smelting chance (a 10% chance of smelting 2 bars at once, with higher Varrock armours allowing higher level metals).
Wilderness teleport lever[edit | edit source]
There is a teleport switch leading to the high-level Wilderness from the ruined building south of the bank. Pulling the Edgeville lever teleports the player to the Deserted Keep in level 56 Wilderness. Bring a knife or a slash weapon to cut through the web to get out of the Deserted Keep. Beware of running into player killers.
Note that the lever in the Deserted Keep teleports to Ardougne, so the Edgeville lever is a one-way trip. If players have completed the easy Wilderness Diary, however, they can right-click the lever in the Deserted Keep to change their destination to either Edgeville or Ardougne.
Update history[edit | edit source]
|15 November 2018
Edgeville furnace can now be used in free-to-play worlds.
|9 April 2015
(update | poll)
New doors were added to the eastern wall of Edgeville bank to allow quicker access to the furnace. The furnace no longer requires any Varrock Diary completion.
|19 March 2015
Edgeville furnace no longer duplicates an iron bar when Varrock armour benefit activates.
|5 March 2015
(update | poll)
A furnace building has been added north-east of the Edgeville bank, requiring easy Varrock Diary to use.
|13 March 2014
(update | poll)
The lever teleporting players to the ruins near the Mage Arena was added.
|21 November 2013
A Clan Cup has been placed in Edgeville to honour the winners of the Clan Cup tournaments.
|11 July 2013
(update | poll)
|22 February 2013
This content was included when the Old School RuneScape servers officially launched.